Home

NBA 2K21 to be dual disk

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 to be dual disk within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K21 to be dual disk

The only people that say this game is fun are the myCareer gang, I feel like this game has become NBA Jam. (Playful and fun for 13-21 year olds)

This has become a basketball fans dream not an NBA sim game, these kids just wanna have a fortnight experience with all the class mates playing these little silly games. Credit the gameplay is good, but every year there are so many sacrifices to growing the games realism/depth to add more non basketball features. (I.e. replacing animations instead of adding)

MyGM is ruined, and if you dare say MyLeague is a the solution, please stop reading now. (Like me giving you a computer with MS DOS and saying here you go do what you want)

I'm just waiting for next gen and hopefully we get best of both. Arcade Mario cart for the Park guys and actually NBA style approach for the SIM guys.

I don't care what anyone says, Park people are not sim, they play for enjoyment and group activities. (Nothing wrong with that, but please don't confuse this to sim) I've said this for ages 2K should of separated this game and make NBA 2K21 (SIM) & NBA 2K PARK ROYAL 21

Wont require much, they can give park fans all the mini games, crazy golf, helmets, hopscotch, bowling ect...

Then DaCzar should take control over NBA 2K21 (SIM). Getting assistance from people like, CELTICLG, SCHNAIDT1, INFEMOUS ect

some people would buy both, it may even increase profit, especially if sold for $40 each. One could be hard disk, the other.... download only. They would save money on, manufacturing & distribution.

Get rid of Ronnie (sure we all agree unless you're related to him)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

www.blaksmarshall.com | Social Media @blaksmarshall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Pro

Re: NBA 2K21 to be dual disk

Some thoughts on your post

1. You are posting this in the sliders section, why? This doesn't fit here. This is more related to your impressions of NBA 2K20.

2. The statement "the only people who enjoy this game are X" is incredibly inaccurate, and a major exaggeration. I am part of the NLSC and many people who just play offline are enjoying this game, many people here who just play offline here on OS are enjoying this game. And, many of these people are older than 13-21, I know some in their 30s and 40s who dont even touch online modes, or my career, etc.

3. Saying the gameplay is good, after saying that nobody says this game is good outside of online modes and age brackets makes absolutely no sense. Offline the content is vast, and if you DO like the gameplay and want to play the offline experience, or myteam instead of the park, you will be in heaven. While the content itself is not always well executed, NBA 2K20 has the most offline content in sports gaming history, between classic teams, all decade teams, WNBA, current teams, etc

I have several issues with the gameplay, and have voiced those concerns and sent feedback. But I have also sent over the positives as well, and made it known what I like about the game. I prefer the gameplay of 2K14 through 2K17 with the old motion system, with better footplanting and more control. I have provided that feedback every year since 2K18. I like certain aspects of the new motion system (which they tweaked again for 2K20), but overall I prefer 2K14 to 2K17.

I am not attacking you, either. I am trying to explain that the way you are presenting your thoughts doesn't make a lot of sense compared to reality, and contradictions exist in it. I agree that it would be great to have separate gameplay systems/mechanics for online and offline (not entirely different, but different in the sense that 5 on 5 offline sim experience isn't hurt by catering to online players), I also agree that caving to that crowd has hurt the offline experience gameplay wise.

But let's be realistic here, and try to present feedback in a way that makes sense and is helpful.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-26-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:26 AM   #3
Rookie

All valid points, appreciate the feedback always willing to listen to advice

Old 09-28-2019, 12:32 AM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree, that the game due to the casual basketball fans that play online, that the simulation aspect of NBA2k has been impacted in a negative way. The guys who make the game seem to only care about the online aspect too. Its actually false advertising this game as a simulation of the NBA, because sadly it isnt anymore, and hasnt been for a while now, for us offline Association mode players.

I wont go as far as to say the game is a broken mess, but having the same MyLeague and MyGM issues every yr is a bunch of crap. They neither fix the issues in a patch, nor do they fix them the following yr. Some of these issues have had more birthdays, than probably some of the little kiddies playing dress up barbie with their online MyPlayer.

I dont think it would take putting out 2 games, 1 sim, and the other for the online players. I dont know nothing about making video games, but if they wanted too, Im pretty sure they could make the offline side of the game a better simulation of the NBA, and keep the online side of the game where it is for those casuals and kiddies.

The lack of fouls, such as charging, blocking, and shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, or any perimeter shot for that matter is ridiculous. They had all these things right a few yrs ago, then the onliners and casuals started whining and sure enough now we hardly see any of these type of fouls.

There also use to be a time, when the CPU managed players in foul trouble correctly, but its been several yrs now, actually its not been right on this generation of consoles, if I remember correctly, I just know its been several yrs since this was right.

Same goes for the CPU calling timeouts realisticly, this has been a mess for a few yrs as well. I think when they added in advance rotations, is when this started happening. Actually if you use advance rotations, the CPU will call timeouts, but it will also cause them not to manage fouls trouble at all, and you could see a player foul out in the 2nd qtr. Where as with the normal rotation, it will take players out after 2 fouls in the 1st qtr. The problem is after halftime it gets all wonky.

Its a shame that these few things I mentioned, along with the same issues in MYLeague and MyGM every yr goes unfixed. Because the gameplay aspect of it, with how the game flows on the court and plays is the best its ever been. We finally have a game after all these yrs, where the help D works solidly, I love how I no longer have to always take control of a shot blocker like Myles Turner, to block a shot, he will come out of nowhere to swat the ball away without me having to take control of him every time a drive happens.

If they would just fix these few things, offline would be darn near perfect, and they wouldnt need to due much to it on a yrly basis, other than make tweaks here and there, to go along with roster updates, with ratings and tendencies. Because all the tools are basically there for as deep of a Franchise experience you can get.

I do understand that the online is where they make the most money, as us hardcore basketball fans, who just want a basketball simulation of the NBA in Franchise mode are a dying breed. I see it with my 12 yr old niece who lives with me half the time. These kids, dont have the same passion to be in control of a Franchise, they are self absorbed, which is why they are into making a MyPlayer, and playing thru that. I might add they are lazy as all get out too, lol, I hate to see what things are going to look like when this generation starts running the world, its a mess now, so imagine what these brainwashed self absorbed dimwits are in control, lol.

OK enough with my rant, its just frustrating that the game is so close to being what all of us diehard basketball fans wanted growing up, and to see the very same issues yr after yr go unfixed is ridiculous, especially for a company who says it takes pride in making a NBA simulation. Its closer to simulating little girls playing dress up with their Barbie dolls, or that game called the Sims, than it is a simulation of the NBA. Because almost all of their focus is the online portion, that is tied to your created character.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #5
Rookie

All so excellently put, not many of us left. I guess we can't beat the system, I blame fortnight . It would be great to know how many 2K users actually watch NBA games or know the starting line up for their favourite teams. Fans of And1 basketball must be loving this era

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
Rookie

ricardo.13's Arena

OVR: 1

No charge foul, mid range foul, 3pt foul and charge foul.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Let me put my Six Sigma hat on lol.... let's first ask... Is 2k capable of creating a real SIM basketball game? Meaning it emulates exactly how a game plays in real life?.. I'm not so sure.

Because the main thing about sim is RANDOMNESS. Meaning there will be a lot of things happening that will be out of the user's control such as (traveling, errant passes, hooking charges, point blanked missed layups, players having off nights, refs calling it tight/loose, etc...)

Now me personally, I would love the act of randomness. But I dont believe majority of people, even those that want a sim experience would really want this. Case in point, everyone tries to tweak the sliders to get each game played to get "average" team stats...that's not realistic. For sim basketball you will have outliers in some games (one game CPU has 7 TO, next game 22).

We may be a couple of years away from a really true sim experience. Because the game has to factor in the human element. But I think 2k is on the right track (trending in a positive direction to have a game with true sim basketball).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »