Home

NBA 2k20 Hook shot slider question

This is a discussion on NBA 2k20 Hook shot slider question within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k20 Hook shot slider question

Hey guys. I got a slider/difficulty going that seems to fit me and my skill level really well, except for one giant glaring hole(!) whenever a play breaks down Ive (at first subconsciously) begun to throw the ball to a big man near the post, back down for a few step and then shimmy hook. and it works like 90-95% of the time... [I only shimmy hook cus in some older game the normal hook didnt get shot-meter for some reason, it's a habit at this point].

From replays it looks like the backdown and shimmy creates space, bumping the defender off of him for the hook shot. great defenders can stop the backdown, but ive even seem them get "the bump" way too often. a shot that close + space means stupid high fg%, it seems to think it's like a lay-up. it sorta breaks the game... And fade-aways, dropsteps etc seem to be working like normal so they just awful compared to the cant miss hooks.

So im wondering which sliders could be effecting this? Ive already tried the Inside Contact Shot frequency at both 100 and 0 but it wasnt enough to really change this. Would really appreciate any suggestions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NBA 2k20 Hook shot slider question

One of the devs just answered this on Twitter. Standing layups and Post Hook shots are affected by close shot slider. Post Fades are mid range slider.

https://twitter.com/choops4life/stat...478976512?s=21
Old 11-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k20 Hook shot slider question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
One of the devs just answered this on Twitter. Standing layups and Post Hook shots are affected by close shot slider. Post Fades are mid range slider.

https://twitter.com/choops4life/stat...478976512?s=21
Thanks man, interesting, ill look into that... how to nerf hooks then without making normal close range shots impossible... really wish I could get them to contest them better though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »