Home

NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Eccentric, I'm really hoping you can post your full set soon. I'm having no luck with other sets. I wanna try yours as almost a last resort. This is probably the worst year I've had with 2k trying to find the right set for me. It's beyond frustrating.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:09 PM   #74
Rookie

Yo I like this movement set but there's not enough separation between the fastest and slowest players for me. It seems like there is rarely space on the court. Everything seems cluttered and defense reacts very quickly and recovers too quickly. Hope this was constructive for the next release.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:24 PM   #75
Rookie

These sliders are not it at all everything is off!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #76
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapCasso
It'll probably be different when he releases his full set.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:15 AM   #77
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
Eccentric, I'm really hoping you can post your full set soon. I'm having no luck with other sets. I wanna try yours as almost a last resort. This is probably the worst year I've had with 2k trying to find the right set for me. It's beyond frustrating.

Yea this game is a bit of a mess. The lack of blocking/charging fouls really ruins everything right off the bat. You can’t be punished for forcing your way to the basket which just makes the game too easy and impossible to reflect reality.

AI tendencies are a whole other issue that can only be improved with sliders but not fixed, as a fix would require a better roster than 2K gives us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerswag24
Yo I like this movement set but there's not enough separation between the fastest and slowest players for me. It seems like there is rarely space on the court. Everything seems cluttered and defense reacts very quickly and recovers too quickly. Hope this was constructive for the next release.

Strangely enough this is what I was going for. You can’t cheese your way to the rim, but you can affectively break down defenders with well timed dribble moves and attacking mismatches.

Speed is realistic IMO, as no one moves as slow IRL as centers and PFs move with the base movement settings. Centers get beat off the dribble due to not being quick side-to-side, but they don’t just get blown past in the half court by pure speed alone as their length still makes them capable of defending well enough. On a fast break you should be seeing the bigs being outran easily, but they are much more potent in the half court. Still easy to break down with a step back or pull-up shot, or by simply starting one way and then exploding off the dribble in the opposite direction.

(Watch the on-ball defender’s feet. If they shift one way, you can react quickly and launch in the opposite direction to turn the corner on them)

Defensive difficulty was the whole point of my tweaks thus far, but you can always tweak it to fit the way you want the game to play. If you decrease things like On Ball Defense, Defensive Awareness, and/or Lateral quickness to make it easier.

Any specific situations that stand out as a problem with the defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapCasso

How so? This isn’t a full slider set, just the settings I recommend for movement, defense, and turnovers. I imagine if you’re just applying these tweaks to the base Superstar or HOF settings, the gameplay wouldn’t be ideal.

However, if you’re applying these tweaks to your own sliders or the slider set of your choosing and you don’t like it, I’d love specific call outs to the issues you’re having!
Old 12-21-2019, 12:29 AM   #78
Pro

Eccentric. I've been messing with Brooke's set some since like you he's focused a lot on movement. They play pretty well actually. I'm hoping you or just slider makers as a collective can get the game in playable shape. This year seems particularly challenging. My MyLeague is moving at a snail's pace because I don't wanna get to far in and need to restart. 2K needs quality competition bad!
Old 12-21-2019, 12:45 AM   #79
Rookie

It doesn’t make sense to keep tweaking here and there if they’re patching 2k20 every other day. It’s getting ridiculous
Old 12-21-2019, 01:20 AM   #80
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Collins
It doesn’t make sense to keep tweaking here and there if they’re patching 2k20 every other day. It’s getting ridiculous

So damn true. The struggle is REAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
Eccentric. I've been messing with Brooke's set some since like you he's focused a lot on movement. They play pretty well actually. I'm hoping you or just slider makers as a collective can get the game in playable shape. This year seems particularly challenging. My MyLeague is moving at a snail's pace because I don't wanna get to far in and need to restart. 2K needs quality competition bad!

Yea, I really want to just jump in to a MyLEAGUE and play the game instead of having to dissect every animation, foul, AI decision, etc. This year is a pain to tweak and 2K keeps patching and tuning the game every week, which throws all of our progress out the window.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »