Home

Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

This is a discussion on Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2020, 10:33 PM   #57
Rookie

Eddiespagghetti's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
Thanks for diving in and testing the set! I’m interested in seeing how your tweaks perform and how it compares. A few things to note:

-Last I played the game (last week) they really nerfed playing passing lanes. A few patches ago Hands at 100 almost guaranteed 6-8 steals in the passing lanes but since 1.09 you’d have to really time it perfectly to nail passing lane steals. Even at 100 it doesn’t generate enough passing lane plays and so turnovers are not where I want them to be.
-I originally started this set with ATB at 0. They do still attack the basket but I found it that at 0, at times the AI won’t know what to do - it WANTS to attack the rim but since we “shut it off”, at times it just gets into the paint and stands around, resulting in poor attacking flow, random offensive 3 sec violations and most importantly guys start to not play like themselves. I raised it to 1 and it helped, but last week I found 15 the magic number for them to play like themselves and yet still look for kickouts to shooters when it made sense.
-I didn’t really get a sense of the CPU cheesing in the 4th last I played. I felt every win was earned and every loss was deserved, but hey I could be dead wrong now since I haven’t played in a while lol.
Oh totally bro. I cant for the life of me resolve this turnover issue. Ill defintely try with ATB at 15. I took a little break myself as well, tuning sliders was making my enjoyment for the game go down. Just had a game, LAL vs LAC. Fun game. No complaints except the lack of turnovers.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:44 AM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiespagghetti
Oh totally bro. I cant for the life of me resolve this turnover issue. Ill defintely try with ATB at 15. I took a little break myself as well, tuning sliders was making my enjoyment for the game go down. Just had a game, LAL vs LAC. Fun game. No complaints except the lack of turnovers.
If you really want the TOs you could put steal success up to 70ish or taking ball security down even lower, though it might come at the cost of really frustrating gameplay. I wanna have more unforced TOs but not at the expense of poor game flow, which is why I haven’t gone lower on pass accuracy.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #59
Rookie

Small update: played a whole bunch of games today and made some minor tweaks that mainly focus on fine-tuning shooting percentages and rebound/block/turnover numbers, and getting more realistic gameplay. Played around with tendencies for a bit but still finding the current values the best for consistent 3PA and FTA production. I’ll update it in the OP when it’s ready, which should be tomorrow.

Last edited by zniv; 01-09-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:42 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 1

Zniv, there were 2 ingame updates and it litteraly broke the gameplay

the opponent scored only 13% FG%, 0 FT attempt and 0/7 3pt shot (0% 3pt %)

I tested 2 first quarters of 2 games and it gave me similar results...

besides, the loose ball and the stealing action you successed to put into your sliders almost disappear
Old 01-10-2020, 08:50 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
Zniv, there were 2 ingame updates and it litteraly broke the gameplay

the opponent scored only 13% FG%, 0 FT attempt and 0/7 3pt shot (0% 3pt %)

I tested 2 first quarters of 2 games and it gave me similar results...

besides, the loose ball and the stealing action you successed to put into your sliders almost disappear
Welp. I haven’t booted up yet today but looks like it’s back to the drawing board.

Aside from shot percentages and loose ball play, did you notice any other changes in gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2020, 10:38 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
Welp. I haven’t booted up yet today but looks like it’s back to the drawing board.

Aside from shot percentages and loose ball play, did you notice any other changes in gameplay?
I would say everything else was ok, maybe the pace of the game a bit slower but not sure about it.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #63
Rookie

Eddiespagghetti's Arena

So, seems like some tweaks were made by 2k. I'm feeling that the CPU is running less plays and more "hero ball" a few quick shots instead of spreading the ball around more. I played against the grizzlies and creamed them. With the Lakers. Playing with the Heat right now against the nets. Not trying to win as it seems the userr shot success hasn't changed, and I don't think the CPUs did either. It just feels like they're not playing smart basketball like before. Again. Not sure. I'm going to be playing all day today love to see your thoughts on this

Edit: the CPU just seems to take questionable shots at times. Idk. I might be wrong. 2k got my head messed up. I feel like turnovers are going to go up. I think steal sucees has increased. Kind of confused at the moment

Last edited by Eddiespagghetti; 01-10-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiespagghetti
So, seems like some tweaks were made by 2k. I'm feeling that the CPU is running less plays and more "hero ball" a few quick shots instead of spreading the ball around more. I played against the grizzlies and creamed them. With the Lakers. Playing with the Heat right now against the nets. Not trying to win as it seems the userr shot success hasn't changed, and I don't think the CPUs did either. It just feels like they're not playing smart basketball like before. Again. Not sure. I'm going to be playing all day today love to see your thoughts on this

Edit: the CPU just seems to take questionable shots at times. Idk. I might be wrong. 2k got my head messed up. I feel like turnovers are going to go up. I think steal sucees has increased. Kind of confused at the moment
No I think you’re absolutely on the money with this. I just played a game and a half and I absolutely agree that the CPU seems to no longer look for good shots. They’re not swinging the ball out for 3s where they did before and they settle for way more close/mid shots than before. Taking heavily contested shots and not capitalizing on some open ones, just questionable shot selection all around.

Tbh I have no idea if this is fixable but if it is I suspect it would mostly be done with tendency tweaks like raising ATB and decreasing close/mid. I’m not too concerned about shot success/steal success/game speed since they’re fixable...just annoying. I doubt I’ll have a full update before mid-week next week but I’ll try to cook something up. Let’s just hope in the meantime 2K will realize this update ain’t it and revert back/come up with something better.

Edit: Not a full fix but try this out:

Layup Success: 54
Take Inside: 5
Take Close: 1
Take Mid: 1
ATB: 10
Attempt Dunks: 50
Attempt Putbacks: 65
Illegal Screen Frequency: 70
Accel/Speed/Lateral: 53
The rest as is on v1.1

Call it a test but give it a go and let me know if it’s any better, the same, or worse.

Last edited by zniv; 01-10-2020 at 03:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »