Home

Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

This is a discussion on Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2019, 04:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

A few notes to get us started:
  • I will try to explain the rationale behind every tweak I think is conducive to get the results we want - gameplay and stats that reflect what we see on TV today - so fair warning, things can get pretty wordy. Skip 'em if you just want the values.
  • This set is tested with Player Lock User v CPU with minimal user interference (going along with auto playcalling, shooting/rotating when I should be). These will work best on Player Lock though they should be mostly fine for non-player lock User v CPU - I would probably increase CPU Def Awareness and decrease user shooting values across the board for this. Have not tested for User v User or CPU v CPU and sorry to say but I won't be doing either of those. I do constantly test this set and look to update it frequently so check back if a patch/update drops, no guarantees though.
  • I recommend turning Offense Playcalling on Auto, Offensive PlayVision on All Plays and PlayVision Display on Lite. You can still call plays manually but you won't have to every trip down the floor and you'll still have a cohesive offense. I get that PlayVision isn't for everyone visually but I like to know where to go and what to do for each offensive set, and tbh it is less visually annoying than the green splashes.
  • Tested on default 2K roster, no tendency/attribute edits. Only edits were to player current Hot Zones. I would suggest you to do this edit for even more accurate percentages from each zone, but it is a chore and I totally understand if you can't be bothered to. If you're using a custom roster with boosted 3PA tendencies then this set will probably be too much for you.
  • What you should be seeing with this set is 25-40 3PA and 15-25 FTA consistently. Remember, at the end of the day your playstyle has the biggest effect on the outcome. If you like to drive in for dunks all day, your FTA will naturally be higher; if you fail to find the open man for 3, your 3PA will be lower. Also, it goes without saying the results depends on the team you play as and against.
  • These are specifically for patch 1.09. If you're in these slider threads you already know 2K love to do their secret tweaks in their patches and updates, so if/when the next major one happens these sliders might perform much differently and become unusable/obsolete. I feel like no great slider set posted in the regular season is forever.
  • Go to your roster and go to the Game Plan tab, and add 80 onto whatever the default number of Zone Usage is for each coach (eg. Popovic goes from 3 to 83, Stevens 15 to 95 etc). I got this from another thread here and not only does it help a lot with the lack of spacing for 3s in default settings, it also looks a lot more like modern NBA defenses.
  • Then, go to the Points of Emphasis tab and change every single coach's Defensive Aggression to Play Physical Defense. This will greatly affect the number of shooting fouls you get.

VERSION 1.1
Asterisk denotes changes - updated 29/12
Spoiler

VERSION 1.0
Spoiler

Forgive me for the lack of screenshots but I've been testing and tweaking this set endlessly and I haven't been satisfied enough with the results until now. In no way will I claim this set to be absolutely perfect, but it works well enough most of the time to achieve the numbers I'm hoping to see. You can take whatever part you like and put them into your own sets, just bear in mind that values in slider sets really do work in conjunction with each other - once you edit something it's almost definitely tied to something else.

I don't care about credit as I'm no annual slider maker, in fact I've never posted sliders and only did so because I want others hoping for the same kind of realistic gaming experience to be able to achieve those results for yourselves. I've always relied on this community for great slider sets but this year with the amount of tweaking/patching 2K do and less community slider sets, I thought I'd pull a bit of my own weight and do something that could help the community. So please give them a fair shot, and if you do feel free to share your results and thoughts, positive and negative all welcome.

Last edited by zniv; 12-29-2019 at 01:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Realistic Shot Distribution Sliders (2K20)

hey which console are you on? if your on ps4 can you please post the roster and slider set you are using? thanks.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

zniv - great post. Thank you for the explanations. While I'm working with some concepts that are a little different than your set, your descriptions have me re-thinking a few things and changing some of my sliders. Very thoughtful and helpful context.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Will players like Kobe still utilize their mid range jumper with these tendencies?
Old 12-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulito25
hey which console are you on? if your on ps4 can you please post the roster and slider set you are using? thanks.
I’m on PS4, but as I said in the OP I’m just using the official 2K rosters. The slider set isn’t uploaded, maybe I’ll do it tomorrow but I don’t mind if anyone wants to post them on whatever console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapCasso
Will players like Kobe still utilize their mid range jumper with these tendencies?
Honestly I’m not sure, I designed this set specifically to play like the modern NBA. I didn’t test it with any retro teams so while the players should still play similar to how they should, there would be way too many 3PAs and layups/fouls at the rim and not enough mid-range attempts relative to the mid-range heavy eras.

If you mean for the guys in today’s game with a lot of mid-ranges tendencies like LeBron, DeRozan, Kawhi, and half the Knicks then they will still play like themselves and play a lot in that area, as long as their tendencies haven’t been tweaked with.

Last edited by zniv; 12-22-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
zniv - great post. Thank you for the explanations. While I'm working with some concepts that are a little different than your set, your descriptions have me re-thinking a few things and changing some of my sliders. Very thoughtful and helpful context.
Glad it could be helpful. I wanted to show my math I suppose behind the sliders so at least the user will know exactly what it is they’re tweaking, and if anyone wants to use that info for their own tweaks they’re more than welcome to.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapCasso
Like with all sliders I always suggest tweaking things for you own playstyle and preferences.

I look for key concepts. These sliders have certain settings i have not seen with most others like def awareness being so low. But the comments explain why and you can make changes to tweak.

I personally have midrange at 25 to get a little more mid range game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »