Home

Would these sliders interest you?

This is a discussion on Would these sliders interest you? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2019, 10:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Would these sliders interest you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Not only r these the most competitive sliders I致e tried , but I知 seeing more fouls on 3 point shots than ever before . The animations at the rim are amazing! Yes the sliders in the video are not perfect by any means , but with my tweaks they play much better and I知 actually loving how the CPU makes the star players play like star players.

I知 working on one little tweak to smooth out the player movement , but it痴 pretty close and I知 happy at what I have so far.
So I知 very big on fg and stats and all that, and I was highly skeptical of this set. It really goes against everything I believe, but I decided to give it a shot tonight.

I知 in love.

I知 halfway through a Suns Warriors game rn (I playerlock myself to one player and let the CPU dictate the game), and it plays brilliantly. The players feel like actual athletes, the movement feels amazing, the gameplay is chaotic with loose balls everywhere, yet some beautiful passing is seen as well. The constant harassment and reaching in by defenders is very life-like, too.

For sure there are certain things that need adjusting. FG% is way too high as well as 3 pt % (will post my games stats as an edit when I finish). Blocking is overtuned and needs to be brought down. But oh my god, this game plays so beautifully at these settings, I知 having so much fun with these. Thank you for sharing this set.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:46 AM   #18
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Tried it.

Unfortunately, I kind of hated it. But I知 looking for sim gameplay, so others will definitely feel differently.

With these settings the game moves at 100 miles per hour, loose balls everywhere, game is overly chaotic and nowhere near sim, slow players outrun fast players, etc. etc.

If you池e strictly looking for challenge and unrealistic chaos, these settings will definitely give you that. But if you want a basketball sim, you値l obviously have to look elsewhere.

Though I do appreciate the thought process behind these settings, as almost all sets posted on this forum are geared toward a sim feel and not everyone is looking for that!
Old 12-31-2019, 11:09 AM   #19
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Yeah I agree eccentric. That’s why I posted them. It was a different approach to sliders. But it did open my eyes to what sliders really do. I find it amazing that one of the biggest attributes to player movement are the shooting sliders . Raise or lower those suckers up or down and the movement feels totally different. Having all the defensive sliders at 100 and shooting fouls at 5 still gives a good amount of fouls when driving.
Like most sliders on this forum there are good and bad to all of them. It really comes down to preference.

Last edited by Brooke2011; 12-31-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:04 PM   #20
Rookie

I think there are aspects of this slider set that arguably are more sim than the sim sets we have right now. Some examples:

1) Ball Handling (100): players don't randomly fumble the ball or dribble off of people nearly as much, only when they force a drive into the paint and get stripped.

2) Movement: An NBA player full-sprinting should not take forever to get up the court. These sliders are extreme for sure and need to be nerfed, but the athletes actually feel like athletes. The discrepancy between smaller faster guards and bigs definitely needs work though.

3) Boosted Shooting Sliders/Defense Sliders: With aggressively higher sliders, wide open shots are rewarded greatly, true to the NBA. Good defense still stops shots from going on because of the boosted defensive settings, but leaving wide-open shooters is a no-no.

4) Pass Accuracy (100): Maxing this value is a bit crazy as everyone makes perfect passes, but a higher pass accuracy makes great passers really stand out. Ricky Rubio was driving in and dropping absolute dimes all game long against the Warrior's crippled team.

No shade towards any other slider sets, they all do something well! I just really found this set to have certain aspects that are extremely enjoyable.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:26 PM   #21
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Here is what makes these sliders stand out:

-Game pace is perfect. There is no fast glitchy movement.
-Passing is awesome! Animations play out with it at 100
-Driving fouls are the best I’ve seen . Incredible animations at the rim.
- CPU plays smart ( I mean really smart)with high slider values.
- shooting % is but it’s high on both side and it is what keeps the game competitive . Elite shooters show up!!!

I feel like if I try to get super sim Stats the game lacks an actual NBA feel. I’d rather feel like LeBron plays LeBron , Luka plays like Luka and guys like Dudley and McGee play to their skill level.

!!! Also I’d like to add that the movement on the court and player collisions going around pics is a thing of beauty. I think this set set has some of the best foot planting.

Last edited by Brooke2011; 12-31-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 04:30 PM   #22
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by squibblerqwq
I think there are aspects of this slider set that arguably are more sim than the sim sets we have right now. Some examples:

1) Ball Handling (100): players don't randomly fumble the ball or dribble off of people nearly as much, only when they force a drive into the paint and get stripped.

2) Movement: An NBA player full-sprinting should not take forever to get up the court. These sliders are extreme for sure and need to be nerfed, but the athletes actually feel like athletes. The discrepancy between smaller faster guards and bigs definitely needs work though.

3) Boosted Shooting Sliders/Defense Sliders: With aggressively higher sliders, wide open shots are rewarded greatly, true to the NBA. Good defense still stops shots from going on because of the boosted defensive settings, but leaving wide-open shooters is a no-no.

4) Pass Accuracy (100): Maxing this value is a bit crazy as everyone makes perfect passes, but a higher pass accuracy makes great passers really stand out. Ricky Rubio was driving in and dropping absolute dimes all game long against the Warrior's crippled team.

No shade towards any other slider sets, they all do something well! I just really found this set to have certain aspects that are extremely enjoyable.
I totally agree!! I think if you take away shooting % the stats look pretty good for 6 minute quarters
Old 12-31-2019, 04:36 PM   #23
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Tried it.

Unfortunately, I kind of hated it. But I’m looking for sim gameplay, so others will definitely feel differently.

With these settings the game moves at 100 miles per hour, loose balls everywhere, game is overly chaotic and nowhere near sim, slow players outrun fast players, etc. etc.

If you’re strictly looking for challenge and unrealistic chaos, these settings will definitely give you that. But if you want a basketball sim, you’ll obviously have to look elsewhere.

Though I do appreciate the thought process behind these settings, as almost all sets posted on this forum are geared toward a sim feel and not everyone is looking for that!
See I disagree . If anything I feel like the game moves perfect. I feel like the pace is close to perfection. On other sets it seems the CPU takes too long to score and I feel stuck in mud at times. Other than the shooting % the game is the most fun and gives me that “ hey that really looks like the NBA “ feel
Old 12-31-2019, 05:43 PM   #24
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Just noticed that my sliders are different than what I have posted. I have speed at 75 instead of 80. Believe or not it makes a big difference to player movement, pace of game and passing animations. That might be why Eccentric found it a little too fast. There were a few sliders I was testing and speed was one of them. Just lowering it by 5 ties in better too the rest of the sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »