Home

Myleague : Sliders for stronger CPU teams winning more?

This is a discussion on Myleague : Sliders for stronger CPU teams winning more? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Myleague : Sliders for stronger CPU teams winning more?

So here it goes. I play myleague, only 15 games seasons (I have limited time due to work) and 3-5-5-5 p.o. format (I use expansion or fantasy leagues)

I play all games in 5 min quarters and simulated cpu games at 7.

The thing is that the league standing table looks weird every season. Teams that are favorites to win the league don't even reach p.o.

I do understand that the games are few but the best team in the conference going 5-10 is just not normal

Furthermore, in the playoffs things go even more fuzzy.

Teams that should have never entered the p.o. win the league etc.

Now I know surprises can happen, but let's be realistic.in real life, GSW, went to 5 straight finals because they were undoubtedly the best team in the west. Likewise LeBron's teams were always in the finals in the east.

Are there any Sliders /advice to normalize the results more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
Pro

YungGun's Arena

Re: Myleague : Sliders for stronger CPU teams winning more?

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks and have been having the same issues as you. I've gone in a edited coaches attribute grades as well as their system proficiencies and that's helped a little but still, some teams are winning more than they should.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Its cheating, but one thing I do for teams who are overachieving way beyond what is reasonable is suspend the best player for 60 days. They were overachieving because he was doping!
Old 04-09-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
So here it goes. I play myleague, only 15 games seasons (I have limited time due to work) and 3-5-5-5 p.o. format (I use expansion or fantasy leagues)

I play all games in 5 min quarters and simulated cpu games at 7.

The thing is that the league standing table looks weird every season. Teams that are favorites to win the league don't even reach p.o.

I do understand that the games are few but the best team in the conference going 5-10 is just not normal

Furthermore, in the playoffs things go even more fuzzy.

Teams that should have never entered the p.o. win the league etc.

Now I know surprises can happen, but let's be realistic.in real life, GSW, went to 5 straight finals because they were undoubtedly the best team in the west. Likewise LeBron's teams were always in the finals in the east.

Are there any Sliders /advice to normalize the results more?
Have you tried looking at the stats distribution sliders?

Maybe having the stats more spread out will result in better players (and better teams) performing at higher relative levels than others.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Have you tried looking at the stats distribution sliders?

Maybe having the stats more spread out will result in better players (and better teams) performing at higher relative levels than others.
I tried many things without significant results.

Eventually what I do is at the beggining of the season, I select also the stronger teams, and "force" wins for 7-8 games, down the season, for games the should be winning (e.g. Lakers at home with Pelicans etc)

At least it ensures that specific teams reach the P.O.

In general I have noticed this in many years in a row. I understand that MyLeague is not a priority since it does not bring any extra cash, but this should be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 07:09 AM   #6
Pro

YungGun's Arena

Try changing the top teams' defensive aggression to 'play physical defense' and change the lesser teams to 'play conservative.' It's helped immensely for my MyLeague, maybe even too much .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »