Home

Getting a realistic MyLeague

This is a discussion on Getting a realistic MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

Hi all,

I've been futzing with MyLeague over the last two weeks trying to figure out if there was ANY way to get MyLeague Simulation stats to resemble real life somewhat. This means you simulate the game entirely (Sim Through Date, etc.)

Good news, you can get close. Bad news, you have to accept some wonkiness (for now).

I'll try to be as succinct as possible so that you don't have to read a bunch of text.

MyLeague Settings:

First thing to note: Your slider setting do not matter with simulation stats. They only affect played games whether CPU v CPU, CPU v USER, and USER v USER.

So what does matter:

1. Badges
2. Coach Gameplan: Sim Points of Emphasis

I'll try to break each down quickly (You got **** to do!)

1. Badges

For some reason badges absolutely annihilate stats and create some incredibly bizarre stat lines that do not in any way reflect anything that could ever happen.

So... remove all badges except for Playmaking and Personality badges.

Why remove Inside and Outside badges?
They create unrealistic shot percentages.

Why remove Defensive, Rebounding, and Athleticism badges?
They do the exact same as above but on the defensive side of the ball. More than that, if you play the game with these badges but without the scoring badges, you're going to have a bad time. Removing them creates a much more realistic simulation experience.

Why keep Playmaking badges?
Because if you do not then your passing and assists stats take a TREMENDOUS nose dive. I mean, a guy like Elfrid Payton becomes the leading passer with Westbrook/CP3/Harden will put up 6 or so assists per game without these badges. I do recommend removing the anklebreaker badges, but it's not entirely necessary.

Why keep Personality badges?
Haven't seen an appreciable impact on sim stats, fortunately. I see no reason to remove them.

2. Coach Gameplan: Sim Points of Emphasis

I knew this impacted simulation stats but I wasn't aware to what degree until I removed the badges. Turns out these have a significiant impact on stats.

These are the settings I recommend for EACH AND EVERY TEAM, no matter what, because it creates a pretty good representation of life-like stats after a full year simulation.

The "Whys" of each decision:

1: Offensive Focus: Pick & Roll Offense
Contributes to assist number from what I've seen. Currently CP3 is averaging 9.9, Westbrook is at 9.1, Harden 8.0. Not perfect but more realistic, and I'm still working to tweak this

2. Offensive Tempo: Shoot at Will
Help scorers pick up their scoring pace and ensures you have some guys that are absolutely knocking shots down. [I'll post a screenshot of PPG in a bit.] But this contributes to higher PPG numbers without creating crazy FG/3PT percentages.

3. Defense Focus: Protect the Paint
It's the only thing I've seen that slightly ups Free Throws for guys that put work in the paint. With "Protect the Paint" your centers and slashers should have slightly higher FTA.

If you were to put "Limit Perimeter Shots" you'd see more fouls on outside shooters and much less on guys like Cousins, Davis, Gasol, etc.

4. Defensive Aggresion: Play Physical Defense
Contributes to meaningful and somewhat realistic FG/3PT numbers. This is important and works in conjunction with the removal of the scoring badges. Keeping those badges almost completely nullifies this.

5. Defense Rebounding: Run in Transition
I'm trying to work on reduces team rebounds because they are honestly absurd. This helps contribute to the higher PPG for many guys, but also leads to higher RPG. I haven't yet found that balance. I'll keep working on the RPG aspect of the simulation stats but for now, this is one of those wonky things I'm working to fix.

End of season stats snapshot:

I know none of this is perfect, but I am constantly tweaking these values and trying to find way to increase FTA and lower RPG.

I've tried increasing foul tendencies, crash tendencies, foul rating, and a slew of other things. I just haven't been able to get these numbers where I need them. PPG and RPG seem to have a direct correlation with one another in a weird way.

That said, I'm open to criticism on this.

Last edited by de_jesus; 12-04-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 12:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Getting a realistic MyLeague

Hey man I like the post. Do you have a roster created by chance that you could share that has the correct badges removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-04-2017, 12:40 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLilFreak275Xx
Hey man I like the post. Do you have a roster created by chance that you could share that has the correct badges removed?

I don't. I made all my changes in MyLeague. You can quick edit all badges on all players at the same time. Takes a few minutes, however.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
Rookie

All right, I’ll give them a shot
Old 12-04-2017, 01:05 AM   #5
Rookie

Okay so the sliders I’m using have the difficulty set to HOF. Am I good to still use the rest of your settings or should I tweak some things?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
Pro

I've only tested on Superstar and HOF, and I've seen no appreciable difference between simulations. You are absolutely good to go on HOF sliders. They truthfully should not impact the simulation stats.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Great idea to share your settings game
I like it !
Old 12-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #8
Pro

I've done more testing and will update the coach settings. "Run in transition" is causing some craziness (saw a 175-105 score between 76ers and Nets). It isn't offset by "Limit Transition" weirdly enough.

Will update soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »