Home

General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

This is a discussion on General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

Alright so I originally started this thread (formerly titled "Player/Position Lock Sliders") for players who like to play MyLeague as I do. Creating your own player and playing like that as an alternative to MyCareer. However the sliders I've come up with aren't suited specifically for any one way of playing. I realized this after some testing and feedback, as well as studying the default 2K difficulty sliders. Below is a google doc showing how my sliders basically keep everything equal between the User and CPU like default All-Star is meant to do. According to Da Czar's video, that is what the game is most realistically tuned to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...QaM/edit#gid=0

So with these, I think at the very least I've found a solid base here. You can play on any difficulty and play however you wish (User vs User / User vs CPU / CPU vs CPU / Player or Position Lock). I have uploaded Rookie, Pro, All-Star, Superstar, and Hall of Fame versions on 2K share for Xbox One for those of you who care to try them out. As I continue to try and fine tune these any and all feedback is welcomed! For now these are universal, but will look into slightly tweaking difficulty specific versions depending on how they are received.

2K Share for Xbox One under:
General HOF Sliders
General SS Sliders
General AS Sliders
General Pro Sliders
General Rook Slider

Settings
Difficulty: Of your choosing (turns into custom once you start adjusting the sliders)
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Game Speed: 55
Free Throw Difficulty: 55
Shot Timing: Shots and Layups
Free Throw Timing: User Timing
Defensive Assist With Intense D: 0
Boxout Assist Strength: 0

Gameplay Sliders (All are the same for User and CPU)
Offense
Inside Shot Success: 48
Close Shot Success: 46
Mid-Range Shot Success: 48
3PT Shot Success: 50
Layup Success: 50
Dunk In Traffic Frequency: 45
Dunk In Traffic Success: 35
Pass Accuracy: 30
Alley-Oop Success: 50
Contact Shot Success: 46
Ball Security: 0
Body-Up Sensitivity: 20
Pass Speed: 60

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff): 55
Layup Defense Strength (Release): 60
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Takeoff): 50
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release): 55
Help Defense Strength: 85
Steal Success: 45

Attributes
Acceleration: 50
Vertical: 50
Strength: 50
Stamina: 50
Speed: 50
Durability: 25
Hustle: 50
Ball Handling: 50
Hands: 25
Dunking Ability: 50
On-Ball Defense: 50
Stealing: 50
Blocking: 50
Offensive Awareness: 50
Defensive Awareness: 50
Offensive Rebounding: 50
Defensive Rebounding: 50
Offensive Consistency: 50
Defensive Consistency: 50
Fatigue Rate: 50
Lateral Quickness: 50

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots: 50
Take Close Shots: 0
Take Mid-Range Shots: 25
Take 3PT Shots: 100
Post Shots: 50
Attack The Basket: 75
Look For Post Players: 60
Throw Alley-Oops: 65
Attempt Dunks: 65
Attempt Putbacks: 65
Play Passing Lanes: 80
Go For On-Ball Steals: 40
Contest Shots: 85
Backdoor Cuts: 55

Fouls
Over The Back Foul Frequency: 100
Charging Foul Frequency: 100
Blocking Foul Frequency: 100
Reaching Foul Frequency: 100
Shooting Foul Frequency: 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency: 100

Movement
Speed With Ball (Max Rating): 75
Speed With Ball (Min Rating): 25
Acceleration With Ball (Max Rating): 75
Acceleration With Ball (Min Rating): 25
Speed Without Ball (Max Rating): 75
Speed Without Ball (Min Rating): 25
Acceleration Without Ball (Max Rating): 75
Acceleration Without Ball (Min Rating): 25

Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 01-17-2019 at 01:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #2
Rookie

re: General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

Here's a sample of the stats from a game I just played as the Miami Heat with my created PG (been testing with different overalls, right now I have him as 94 Overall to see how it plays once I'm a star.) Sry I'm not too tech savy with pictures lol. Note: I also started playing position lock so I can watch the game by taking my controller out while I'm on the bench instead of just simming ahead.

Pacers / Heat

Field Goals: 40/87(46%) / 38/81(47%)
3 Pointers: 5/18(28%) / 8/31(26%)
Free Throws: 13/17(76%) / 18/21 (86%)
Fast Break: 12 / 19
Points In Paint: 56 / 48
2nd Chance: 6 / 4
Bench Points: 36 / 31
Assists: 23 / 22
Off Rebounds: 12 / 7
Def Rebounds: 39 / 39
Steals: 7 / 10
Blocks: 4 / 6
Turnovers(Pts Off): 12(6) / 9(10)
Team Fouls: 15 / 14
Biggest Lead: 11 / 8
Time Of Possession: 24:45 / 23:14
Dunks: 5 / 3

My Player Stats:
37 Min | 32 Pts | 3 Reb | 7 Ast | 3 Stl | 0 Blk | 2 TO | 12/22 FG | 1/7 3Pt | 7/8 FT
Old 01-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Are these player lock only? Or can they be used to control the whole team?
Old 01-16-2019, 02:38 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
Are these player lock only? Or can they be used to control the whole team?
In short absolutely! At the very least they'd make a great base imo. I can't say I've extensively tested them otherwise, since I'm pretty much just an offline player lock player these days. But I did try one game without locking on and it seemed pretty good. And I've watched a few CPU vs CPU games that turned out well with these also.

If you look at the default All-Star sliders, all Offense, Defense, & Attribute sliders are at 50 for both the User and the CPU except CPU defensive awareness is at 40. When I started out I watch Da Czar's video about the difficulty in 2K19 and he seemed to say All-Star is the best tuned this year for realism. I wanted a bit more of a challenge for my league player lock career however, so I went up to Super Star and put everything at 50 for both. I then tuned from there keeping everything equal for User and CPU. Then just touched up the Tendencies, Fouls, & Movement Sliders slightly to try and achieve more realistic stats and gameplay. I think it's a pretty good balance between the two.

So basically these aren't much different then playing on default Superstar, just a tad easier with all sliders equal instead of the CPU having a few higher. Along with the adjusted tendencies. I didn't want to mess too much with Attributes since I want the players to play true to their ratings. However I did lower durability so that you will actually see injuries in gameplay and not just sim! The hands are the only other one lowered, and that creates a few more turnovers and makes players bobble the odd errant pass.

I wasn't really sure what to title this thread, since they are kinda just general sliders I feel like, but I saw one where a couple people were looking for player lock a while back, and that's what I play so I wanted to see who all out there play like I do lol. But if you made it through all that, please give em a try if you are interested and let me know how it goes. Shouldn't be much different then default Superstar but just evened out and tweaked a bit.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
In short absolutely! At the very least they'd make a great base imo. I can't say I've extensively tested them otherwise, since I'm pretty much just an offline player lock player these days. But I did try one game without locking on and it seemed pretty good. And I've watched a few CPU vs CPU games that turned out well with these also.

If you look at the default All-Star sliders, all Offense, Defense, & Attribute sliders are at 50 for both the User and the CPU except CPU defensive awareness is at 40. When I started out I watch Da Czar's video about the difficulty in 2K19 and he seemed to say All-Star is the best tuned this year for realism. I wanted a bit more of a challenge for my league player lock career however, so I went up to Super Star and put everything at 50 for both. I then tuned from there keeping everything equal for User and CPU. Then just touched up the Tendencies, Fouls, & Movement Sliders slightly to try and achieve more realistic stats and gameplay. I think it's a pretty good balance between the two.

So basically these aren't much different then playing on default Superstar, just a tad easier with all sliders equal instead of the CPU having a few higher. Along with the adjusted tendencies. I didn't want to mess too much with Attributes since I want the players to play true to their ratings. However I did lower durability so that you will actually see injuries in gameplay and not just sim! The hands are the only other one lowered, and that creates a few more turnovers and makes players bobble the odd errant pass.

I wasn't really sure what to title this thread, since they are kinda just general sliders I feel like, but I saw one where a couple people were looking for player lock a while back, and that's what I play so I wanted to see who all out there play like I do lol. But if you made it through all that, please give em a try if you are interested and let me know how it goes. Shouldn't be much different then default Superstar but just evened out and tweaked a bit.
Thanks for explaining! It’s no nice to have to someone actually put time in sliders and actually adjust them the right way. I just played a game without player lock and they are phenomenal. It would be great if you could keep updating them throughout the season, they are my favorite on this forum so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
Thanks for explaining! It’s no nice to have to someone actually put time in sliders and actually adjust them the right way. I just played a game without player lock and they are phenomenal. It would be great if you could keep updating them throughout the season, they are my favorite on this forum so far.
Thanks I'm glad you like them! I do plan to keep tuning them as needed, so if you notice anything could use adjusting please let me know what you're seeing. I actually got blown out the last few games last night (in player lock however), and it made me consider trying the same sliders just on All-Star. Tried that and it still played a great game also. Might try a game on HOF just to see even though I'd get killed, but these seem like they can work for all 3 of those difficulty levels actually.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFanatic10
Thanks I'm glad you like them! I do plan to keep tuning them as needed, so if you notice anything could use adjusting please let me know what you're seeing. I actually got blown out the last few games last night (in player lock however), and it made me consider trying the same sliders just on All-Star. Tried that and it still played a great game also. Might try a game on HOF just to see even though I'd get killed, but these seem like they can work for all 3 of those difficulty levels actually.

LET THE BLOWOUTS HAPPEN!! Look at the real life NBA games last night. 4+ teams won by more than 30 points! The only time I will change the sliders, if I get blow out by more than 20 in 2-4 games straight. The game I played I was up 15 on Orlando and then lost by 6 in Overtime. I was the hawks , so honestly I could see that happening. My problem with HOF is the unrealistic cpu sticking to you like glue unless you starting lowering numbers by a lot. I think the game was meant to stay around default numbers. Also I only think 2k gives us the option to change sliders around are for the people who like to hit 75 3’s in a game and win 162-35.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #8
Rookie

A lot of people also don’t realize the more you change the sliders , the different animations you will be able to trigger. The animations on 2k are at its maximum high when around or at default numbers. When 2k test the game ( remove and add animations ) they play on default settings. So if you start changing every thing around it’s gunna make the game lop sided

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »