Home

NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2020, 08:10 PM   #65
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 "The Eccentric Edition" - Next-Gen Slider Set

Something has changed it seems with the PnR defense, in a good way. Not sure if there was a tuner today or not, but I haven't had to set Play Passing Lanes to 0 in order to get affective play out of the AI defense.

At least on Hall of Fame difficulty, it seems as long as Contest Shots is at 100 and Help Defense Strength is set higher than Play Passing Lanes, the AI will defend the PnR pretty damn well. I've been testing today just on HOF default sliders with these tweaks (plus my movement sliders, which I'm about ready to post) and the results have been exceptional.

Note that setting Play Passing Lanes to 0 still fixes the hedge defense logic, but it does obviously opens up the screener to an easier path to the basket (which is far less than ideal). My latest tweaks have removed this issue, but these are the same tweaks I had been using before that made the hedge defender completely useless. So yea, I think 2K changed something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 10:06 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 15

What game speed did you settle with?
Old 12-02-2020, 11:21 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Something has changed it seems with the PnR defense, in a good way. Not sure if there was a tuner today or not, but I haven't had to set Play Passing Lanes to 0 in order to get affective play out of the AI defense.

At least on Hall of Fame difficulty, it seems as long as Contest Shots is at 100 and Help Defense Strength is set higher than Play Passing Lanes, the AI will defend the PnR pretty damn well. I've been testing today just on HOF default sliders with these tweaks (plus my movement sliders, which I'm about ready to post) and the results have been exceptional.

Note that setting Play Passing Lanes to 0 still fixes the hedge defense logic, but it does obviously opens up the screener to an easier path to the basket (which is far less than ideal). My latest tweaks have removed this issue, but these are the same tweaks I had been using before that made the hedge defender completely useless. So yea, I think 2K changed something.
Yooo hold up...Much props man! I have been playing with Play Passing Lanes at 0 since October and saved a ton of video clips of it being the pick and roll solution on my Microsoft Drive..but just been quiet about it.
I first noticed when CPU Centers (particularly Porzingis) stopped reaching beyond receivers' bodies to attempt those famous one hand interceptions, and instead drop lower into the paint to prevent PNR abuse. Anyway, so glad to see I wasn't crazy and that someone else sees the same results. Only difference is I don't have Next Gen yet. I been using this fix on Old Gen.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #68
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
What game speed did you settle with?
Haven't settled on one 100%, but I really like the feel at 49 and 50. 52 was ok but felt a little too loose and certain animations didn't always trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin2kgamer
Yooo hold up...Much props man! I have been playing with Play Passing Lanes at 0 since October and saved a ton of video clips of it being the pick and roll solution on my Microsoft Drive..but just been quiet about it.
I first noticed when CPU Centers (particularly Porzingis) stopped reaching beyond receivers' bodies to attempt those famous one hand interceptions, and instead drop lower into the paint to prevent PNR abuse. Anyway, so glad to see I wasn't crazy and that someone else sees the same results. Only difference is I don't have Next Gen yet. I been using this fix on Old Gen.
Yea it definitely helps, but the drawback of making the rest of the defense less dangerous (you can get away with some stupid passes) is a little too harsh (at least on Next-Gen, haven't played current gen). I fixed PnR with some other tweaks though that make the defense dangerous again and brings a lot of variety to the PnR game.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:17 AM   #69
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Realistic Movement/Animations + Full Defensive Overhaul - 12/2 Update

This is the big one. The major issues with Pick and Roll defense have been fixed, but some fine-tuning is still needed to make it the best it can be. Movement and animations are now more realistic and satisfying, with far fewer instances of the game ignoring nearby players when attacking the basket. You also can no longer rely on just sprinting past or around the defense on every possession.

I'm pretty damn happy with the way the game looks and feels with these settings, as far as movement/animations and defense is concerned. I still need to fine tune the AI offensive decision making, fouls, and shot success, but I'm getting close.

Try the settings posted in the latest update to the OP and let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-03-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:39 AM   #70
Rookie

XxStew21xx's Arena

Just got the game today. Played about 2 games on default Superstar. Felt pretty good but players seemed slow. I'm sure with your slider set in use it could be playing even better. Seems like you know what your doing so going to give it a go right now.

And a quick question just to make sure...All these slider levels are to be put under both user and cpu correct ?

Thanks

Last edited by XxStew21xx; 12-03-2020 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Realistic Movement/Animations + Full Defensive Overhaul - 12/2 Update

This is the big one. The major issues with Pick and Roll defense have been fixed, but some fine-tuning is still needed to make it the best it can be. Movement and animations are now more realistic and satisfying, with far fewer instances of the game ignoring nearby players when attacking the basket. You also can no longer rely on just sprinting past or around the defense on every possession.

I'm pretty damn happy with the way the game looks and feels with these settings, as far as movement/animations and defense is concerned. I still need to fine tune the AI offensive decision making, fouls, and shot success, but I'm getting close.

Try the settings posted in the latest update to the OP and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks! Can’t wait to try these out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #72
MVP

Gonna try everything u have posted tonight, thanks for all the hard work bro....... have u determined if they actually implemented a PNR fix or is it placebo? I haven’t played in a couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »