Home

My 3 slider set project. Based off of teams Overall ratings.

This is a discussion on My 3 slider set project. Based off of teams Overall ratings. within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2020, 09:04 AM   #1
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

OVR: 0

I plan on making 3 sets. each specifically based off of teams overall ratings. Example, teams in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s overall range, will be having their sliders adjusted for equal difficulty for wins and losses. Since i notice in 2K we either lose every single game, or win every single game with any slider set i use. Its ridiculous!

If y’all want to help me on this project, then feel free to post your thoughts or suggestions. Also, if you want to contribute to my sliders and help make any changes, then let me know.

EDIT:

I know guys, I’m late with 2k20. And that I’m not that popular on these forums with sliders. But to be honest, 2k21 is basically a roster update with a shot meter i CANNOT stand. So yeah, I usually wait for at least 6 months to a year before making a slider set, mainly due to the games bugs/glitches/gameplay issues to be patched up.

2k21 on current gen was a mess the last time i played it, and is not at it’s full potential to be playable right now in my opinion. So yeah, i simply just cannot attempt to make a 2k21 set at the moment without pulling out my hair due to every patch dropping, then all my work gets lost thus starting over again and again... As for next gen, i cannot for the life of me find a system to play on anyways. So for right now, I’m sticking with current gen 2k20 with updated rosters.

Currently, I am trying to work on making 3 types of slider sets based off of every teams over all rating. But I recently just made an edit to my post and just might drop this idea if it doesn’t work out.

Last edited by Luca_Blight; 11-22-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

**RESERVED FOR 2K20 SLIDERS**

Last edited by Luca_Blight; 11-22-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:49 AM   #3
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Re: My 3 slider set project. Based off of teams Overall ratings.

With my current beta set, Im having some really decent results so far! I’m even seeing some players shooting air balls, completely missing the basket which does sometimes happen in real life of course, but not on a overwhelming amount.

the shooting percentage’s were pretty low in at first, but are now starting to get pretty good. Im seeing a decent amount of blocks, maybe just a little bit too much at the moment. But I can easily fix that. Also I noticed players losing the ball a lot due to collisions, i fixed this by adjusting ball handling and security. But I’m still testing in this area, also the amount of steals per game and turnovers are being worked on.

I’m seeing really close back and forth games. Also i feel like i am not being cheated by the CPU... to where they break away after halftime and dominate the rest of the game. Which i really hate! But now thats been fixed. But you still need to run your plays right and be patient with the ball and pass it around to find a good shot.

On the defensive side, I’m seeing players getting wide open for threes too much, but I’m currently working on this as well.

GONE are the automatic shots going in every single drive to the basket! I really hate that, its VERY unrealistic and really annoying. Even the best PG’s and SG’s do not make EVERY SINGLE shot wile driving to the basket in real life.... well i fixed all that nonsense. Now you really have to have a open lane to the basket to make a close shot or layup, but SOMETIMES you’ll luck out and get a shot to go in wile being closely guarded.

Overall, I am very excited about my current slider set and what i have accomplished so far. Im in no way a slider expert, nor am i heavily experienced in what all the NBA stats are supposed to be per game. but i still think I’m doing pretty good so far.

So yeah, Version 1 slider set will be out soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-23-2020, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Bucks(me) vs Celtics 112-106

First game felt pretty good. The rebounds weren’t too over powering. Usually 2k struggles in this area with some players getting 20 or more rebounds a game which is ridiculous.

The player with the most rebounds was Antetokoumpo with 15.
He did have 6 blocks though. I don’t know if thats his average amount of blocks he gets per game...lol. But I’m in no way a NBA stat expert, but i felt that was way too high lmao. But that can easily be fixed.

The shooting percentages were way too low for both sides, with the most being 38%, which i will try to fix in my next game. Antetokoumpo had the most points for the bucks with 23 with a double double, as for the celtics, Walker had 35 points

As for the Celtics Defense, Hayward had the most rebounds with 13, followed by Tatum with 11. What i find odd though is that nobody had more than 1 block. With 4 blocks total for each player on their team. Going to fix this as well for the CPU.

So yeah i have some work too do before i post my set, but I don’t think i did too bad for my first attempt.

Tell me what you guys think.

Old 11-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Hey guys, I’m on vacation right now until December 3rd. so if y’all aren’t interested in these yet, then I cant post these until i get back Cleveland. Cuz it’s gonna be ALOT of work and will take forever to post this set with my phone lol. I know it’s only for 2k20... but 21 basically the same game really. And who knows, maybe my set will work with 21 lmao.

Anyway, So yeah please let me know if y’all tryna use my set, and I’ll post them right now. If not, then I’m going to have to wait til i get back home to my laptop. But i promise y’all will like these. No slider set is perfect, but i think mine are still pretty good.

Thanks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2020, 06:05 PM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca_Blight
Hey guys, I’m on vacation right now until December 3rd. so if y’all aren’t interested in these yet, then I cant post these until i get back Cleveland. Cuz it’s gonna be ALOT of work and will take forever to post this set with my phone lol. I know it’s only for 2k20... but 21 basically the same game really. And who knows, maybe my set will work with 21 lmao.

Anyway, So yeah please let me know if y’all tryna use my set, and I’ll post them right now. If not, then I’m going to have to wait til i get back home to my laptop. But i promise y’all will like these. No slider set is perfect, but i think mine are still pretty good.

Thanks.

I think you’d get a lot more attention on your thread if the title told people which 2K these sliders are for! I’m sure there are plenty of people still playing 2K20 but will just assume any new thread is for 2K21.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I think you’d get a lot more attention on your thread if the title told people which 2K these sliders are for! I’m sure there are plenty of people still playing 2K20 but will just assume any new thread is for 2K21.

Haha yeah your right. This was originally going to be a discussion thread for my idea of a 3 slider based on team overalls. But i had ditched that idea. I’m just going to make a new thread soon. I can be an idiot sometimes lol. so yeah thanks for pointing that out man.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:54 AM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca_Blight
Haha yeah your right. This was originally going to be a discussion thread for my idea of a 3 slider based on team overalls. But i had ditched that idea. I’m just going to make a new thread soon. I can be an idiot sometimes lol. so yeah thanks for pointing that out man.

No worries man, good luck with your set!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »