Home

PC 2K21 - What are best most realistic slider?

This is a discussion on PC 2K21 - What are best most realistic slider? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2021, 02:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
PC 2K21 - What are best most realistic slider?

I'm either blowing the team out by 30-40 I downloaded someone else's "realistic" slider and I won by 20, I tweaked it more and lost to the Knicks, which is NOT realistic. I'm the Nets and jusy Harden so now it's going to be even more of breeze.

I only play seasons and playoffs and now I'm 16-1, although Philly is 2 games behind me. It's not it if ain't challenging.
NY Knicks :(

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2021, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: PC 2K21 - What are best most realistic slider?

I'm sort of leaving this here for you but also for anyone else who comes across this post.

As you probably know, that question has no answer. Every single person needs a different set. They are and never were meant to be a lock that you pick to get the one perfect combination. Also it depends what you think realistic is. Believe it or not, that varies for a lot of people. I know, you just want one that most people say plays well. Problem is you'll get more people than not saying one set over another and other saying it's no good. So do you just want the one that most people choose? Pointless.
I've been answering questions like this in pretty much every kind of sports game on different forums for close to 20 years. There is one simple solution to your question. Start by picking a level that feels most to you like it will be a challenge without being impossible.

1. Determine what it is you find unrealistic in the gameplay.
2. Read the different sliders and determine one by one which one affects those issues.
3. If you see nothing that directly affects the thing you want to fix, think outside the box with respect to what sliders might have an effect on that thing you're trying to fix. (e.g. to make more passing errors, is it better to increase blocking or interceptions, or decrease pass accuracy, or decrease pass reception ability)
4. Play with sliders at opposite extremes to get a sense of the game's editable range.
5. If nothing addresses your concerns, remember that it is entirely possible that the game simply can NOT do what you want it to. NHL2K10 can not create realistic fluidity and ice friction without hurting the animations, MLB2K12 can not get realistic fielder speed without weird animations and without having to make baserunners run faster than normal, NBA2K19 can not have good gameflow without making players looking like they're gliding on the court. These things happen. And your opinion of realistic is also very likely not mine.
Again, know the range of what the game can do in difficulty and sliders, know what is modifiable and what isn't. Compare with real life footage to get as close as you can. Also take into account when a game was made if it's from years ago. Games from around 2000 were very homerun heavy, NHL games from 2006-ish were very aggression and checking heavy, Madden games of today are obsessively social media heavy (that's a joke, but also sadly true).

Try sliders that you find online by searching. But no slider set you find is going to be perfect unless you make it yourself.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 01-18-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:06 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

I'm going to give this a shot. I'm just tired of winning every game. I'm not the 97-98 Bulls.
NY Knicks :(

Old 01-18-2021, 10:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Agree with @tinpanalley - everyone's perfect set is different. Playstyle, experience, and even which cam you use can all impact your results.

Examine what stats you want to change. You indicated you win too many games. Are you shooting too high a percentage? Out rebounding your opponents? Getting too many turnovers? Getting too many fast breaks? Lot's of things can be tilted too much in your direction to try to decompose the main factors that are driving your wins.

Look for sliders that seem to address the things you want to fix...but then adjust to better fit your style.

Good luck!

Last edited by res2; 01-18-2021 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-19-2021, 09:45 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

I really appreciate Tinpan's (sorry, not sure how to properly tag) response. Realistic to me is landing somewhere in the NBA averages for statistics. Realistic rebound numbers, shooting percentages, etc. I am not a meter shooter, I go percentages only. To complicate matters, I am a new player. Less than 100 hours in this game, and prior to this hadn't played a basketball game in over a decade and was only ever casual. I am a sucker for sim style games. I play the CPU exclusively and would like a situation that resembles something real. Obviously there are limits to this because it's a game.

Okay, deep breath... all that crap aside (that I just said) - I am getting DESTROYED by people's realistic sliders. 30 points, last night I lost by 50. LOL... I am using the Celtics with 12 minutes quarters. I tried Schaidt1's sliders w. 2k cam (despite claims as to how easy that is) and got absolutely destroyed.

I know I need to "get gud" and I am totally willing to accept my skill level as something that needs addressing which is why I like Tinpan's response. Realistic settings may be utterly unrealistic if you aren't great at the game yet, and you employ some of these sliders.

So all my pontificating aside I suppose my question is: how does a moderate to low skill player get realistic results with some of these slider sets? I think the answer is to start on a base difficulty and start tweaking sliders from there. I am really enjoying the game, despite my inability to get good results from any posted sliders, and it's a tiny bit frustrating (I mean, it's a game, so not that frustrating), and I hope to find a good slider set where I can win some, lose some, get blown out and blow out the CPU. Like REAL sportsball. LOL...

Ahh... thanks for listening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2021, 02:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm getting what everyone is saying but as someone who likes to use the X button and play mostly MyNBA, it is hard for me this year. Years past I just put it on Superstar/Legendary (I forget what it is in 2K) and play 10 minute quarters and don't touch the sliders. This year, I'm playing on All Star and I can't hardly make a shot unless it's a green release. I'm not a fan of using real shooting % either. Any suggestions? The problem is too, All Star is competitive without me making shots at a decent rate. But it's frustrating that shooting isn't much of a factor when 3 point shooting is essential to todays NBA.

btw I play next gen on the xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »