Home

Player tendencies in CPU vs CPU

This is a discussion on Player tendencies in CPU vs CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2022, 02:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon7 Player tendencies in CPU vs CPU

Hi All
I am just another fan of CPU vs CPU play and have been playing with tendencies & sliders for last 10 years or so but still I don't think I can definitely know what these tendencies actually do.

Now, the tendencies I am not sure are as follows

1. Shot

Is this overall tendency to shoot more?
If a slasher has high shot tendencies, will he penetrate more? or does this shot tendency only decide whether he shoots or pass at shoot timing?

2. Touch

Touch is pretty straightforward in this list and I am assuming the higher I have this, the more ball the player gets. However, I am not sure if having this high make players to shoot more at a given situation?

3. Dish To Open Man

Now, I am not sure if having this high gives ball away without making a play.
In other words, I want my PG to hold ball and make plays and only pass out for the receiver to shoot/layup right away.

Last thing I would want is to have this high and my PG brings ball across the court and gives out to another ball handler to make play.

Also, will having this high lead to passing the ball out even in instances where interception is likely to happen?

4. Attack Stong On Drive

Probably the most in doubt column for me, is this tendency
- penetrate more? or
- shoot rather than pass out upon penetration?

5. Play discipline

If I want my PG to penetrate whether it be P&R or isolation so that it leads to another play that he scores either assist or score, do I need to have this tendency high?

6. Shot Close

Now, I want to know if this tendency only deals with jump shoot or layups/floater also counts as shot close as long as they leap off at same distance as shot close.

7. Spot Up Drive

Is this a tendency for a player to launch into driving as soon as he receives the ball?

8. Driving Spin, Behind The Back, Dribble Hesitation, Half Spin etc

Provided my PG has 99 ball handling attributes, will it be good to have these driving tendencies high so that he can use these skills to penetrate?

I am an avid fan of Rajon Rondo and at one stage hoped he dominates the league with his play making ability. Obviously the game of basketball is constantly evolving and now demands individuals to be multi-dimensional than ever. Therefore I turned to CPU vs CPU so that I can make this happen at least in Myleague. To give a little boost to the guy, I jacked up attributes that relates to playmaking to 99(ie, speed, ball handling etc).

Now, my ultimate goal is him leading an underdog team to championship with no big 2 or big 3 while leading the league in PER & Assist.

To be able to achieve above, I need him to be able to do the following

A. Be involved in all plays as a ball handler while on floor. (get as much touch)

B. Only make good shot selection. I need his FG% to be above 50% therefore, I would like him to either shoot to score points or pass to score assist.

C. Be able to pass while in shoot/layup motion. This is critical in preventing him to try lower % shot especially in the paint zone.

D. Not pass if it is likely to be intercepted for instance not lobing the ball for alley-oop if Dwight Howard is in position for easy steal.

In nutshell, I like my PG to exhibit his playmaking ability to full extent and I need to decide what the above tendencies 1 ~ 8 should be set at to make this happen. Alternatively, if there is any other tendency or even 'coaching game plan' I may be overlooking, I would love to know.

If anyone can help me out, that would be great.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by isaac12387; 03-27-2022 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2022, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player tendencies in CPU vs CPU

Speak to Sheitan, he/she should answer your questions

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »