Home

Old 06-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K21 Auto-Playcalling Guide

Before writing this, I am on current gen. But I would think a lot of this would apply to next-gen also.

So auto-playcalling is a tough task to solve. Through a lot of testing and research I have figured out how to diversify it as I and many other people have struggled too. The first thing is Play Types. I strongly recommend to have ACE off and auto-playcalling on, but if you are playing CPU vs CPU, I would recommend to remove the tendencies Isolation Point, Isolation Wing, and Guard Post Up unless a player desperately should have one of the these assigned to them.

The other way to fix auto-playcalling is tendencies, specifically the touches tendency. You should set up the touches tendency in an organized way or tiers (i.e. 40/50/60/70 or 25/50/75/100) so players can have the same tendencies on the court. Keep in mind that different positions need the tendency to be higher (check out this bit by Vedreanu
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d-guide-3.html) I would also lower play discipline for your best players so when plays fail, your stars will look to score in freelance.

A question I have for anyone who is an expert at playcalling is if there is a way I can set up to have some plays called more than others? Anyways thanks for reading and please say what you think in the comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Rookie

vetmin's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Auto-Playcalling Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunitedfan

A question I have for anyone who is an expert at playcalling is if there is a way I can set up to have some plays called more than others?

Iím not aware of any way to do this, but at least for your own team you could delete the over-called plays from your playbook and put them in a different playbook so that you can still access them via Quick Plays:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=986100

For my 2k21 Switch roster, click here.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Iím not aware of any way to do this, but at least for your own team you could delete the over-called plays from your playbook and put them in a different playbook so that you can still access them via Quick Plays:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=986100
Thanks man. I will try this later. Are the quick plays the favorite plays or something else? Thanks!
Old 06-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
Rookie

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manunitedfan
Thanks man. I will try this later. Are the quick plays the favorite plays or something else? Thanks!

Yeah, the 10 plays you can set up in Offensive Settings right above the Freelance slots.

For my 2k21 Switch roster, click here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »