Home

Armor & Sword’s "Average Joe” NBA 2K22 Pro Real FG%/FT% Custom Sliders (PS5/X/S)

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s "Average Joe” NBA 2K22 Pro Real FG%/FT% Custom Sliders (PS5/X/S) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2022, 01:51 PM   #177
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s "Average Joe” NBA 2K22 Pro Real FG%/FT% Custom Sliders (PS5/X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Hopefully this means it will be just as useful for classic team exhibition play as well. The last Era mode is 2002, and I don't really use any teams after 2003 anyway.

Era mode is MyLeague.

But they really tuned the ERA teams so well in terms of tendencies and style of play.

I am going to pour hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours into 2K23 re-writing history.

I can’t wait till Clutch and MJ Wizards work their magic filling in all the blanks with the ERA rosters and historical draft classes. Missing players, equipment and player tendencies will all be upgraded by these guys.

Hopefully by Christmas we will be off and running with a 91/92Jordan Era Heat run. Also will do a 83/84 Bird-Magic Lakers run.

What is so awesome and what I look forward to is each draft and seeing where guys land. I am letting it all evolve on it’s own.

I run 28/30/32team control (depending on the era of course the number of teams change). But only my team is full control. I just have it on in case I need to step in to fix lineups from time to time. But I don’t touch anything else for the other teams.

I do keep it quite simple. I may even not run full team control this time around. I don’t want to think about it to be honest. I just want to focus on my team that I choose.

I also do not do the whole action points and trust system. I do use team chemistry and morale though.

The wealth of slider options in Myleague is pretty intense. As well as the amount of depth to setting up your teams practices, scouting, free agency….just deep.

Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #178
All Star

Re: Armor & Sword’s "Average Joe” NBA 2K22 Pro Real FG%/FT% Custom Sliders (PS5/X/S)

Armor are you seeing fouls this year? Last year even with max foul sliders jump shots where basically not a thing would see one like once ever 25 games on jump shots and on average would only see about 16 FTA combined between me and the CPU. Even had 1 game where I had 0 FTA and CPU had just 2 that came at the end when I was down 1 with a few seconds left and had to foul. So basically a whole game without a single FTA. I don't think I can deal with lack of foul shoots again if its still a big issue. Trying to decide if I should get the game or not. Also what about timeouts does the CPU still only call like 2 a game? Last are subs better or does the CPU still sub out like 4-5 guys at the same time?

Last edited by Smallville102001; 09-10-2022 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:13 PM   #179
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Armor are you seeing fouls this year? Last year even with max foul sliders jump shots where basically not a thing would see one like once ever 25 games on jump shots and on average would only see about 16 FTA combined between me and the CPU. Even had 1 game where I had 0 FTA and CPU had just 2 that came at the end when I was down 1 with a few seconds left and had to foul. So basically a whole game without a single FTA. I don't think I can deal with lack of foul shoots again if its still a big issue. Trying to decide if I should get the game or not. Also what about timeouts does the CPU still only call like 2 a game? Last are subs better or does the CPU still sub out like 4-5 guys at the same time?

I need a lot more time.

Your missing out if you pass on this game….if your an old school classic NBA guy it is a huge love letter. The great and good far outweigh some things like you me mentioned.

Fouls have been good….a lot occur in the paint of course….where most do.

In my limited play thus far I seen a couple of mid range shooting fouls that I have committed.

CPU calls timeouts but not as many as they should in the few games I played.

We are very early though. I have played 2 full games in my test 1991/92 Era chise.

Lots of game-time to go before version 1 and a new thread go up.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-10-2022, 03:26 PM   #180
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I need a lot more time.

Your missing out if you pass on this game….if your an old school classic NBA guy it is a huge love letter. The great and good far outweigh some things like you me mentioned.

Fouls have been good….a lot occur in the paint of course….where most do.

In my limited play thus far I seen a couple of mid range shooting fouls that I have committed.

CPU calls timeouts but not as many as they should in the few games I played.

We are very early though. I have played 2 full games in my test 1991/92 Era chise.

Lots of game-time to go before version 1 and a new thread go up.

I got into the NBA because on ONEAL and Kobe was 11 when they won there first championship together but I more would just want to play regular franchise mode. Just wondering how bad or good fouls are. One of the issues last year was I would see at least 1-2 times a game where I would get an animation that in real life would be called a foul like 99% of the time yet in the game no call. Lack of fouls also effected things a lot not just because of lack of FTA but also never really had to deal with players getting in foul trouble and lack of time outs, fouls, subs have all been an issue for years and years. I would maybe see a foul on a jump shot like once ever 25-30 games and in real life you see one like ever game.

For fouls do you have them maxed out right now and what have your FTA numbers looked like so far? With your testing so far what would you say is the thing that needs the most work and what would you say is like the best thing so far?
Old 09-10-2022, 04:35 PM   #181
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I got into the NBA because on ONEAL and Kobe was 11 when they won there first championship together but I more would just want to play regular franchise mode. Just wondering how bad or good fouls are. One of the issues last year was I would see at least 1-2 times a game where I would get an animation that in real life would be called a foul like 99% of the time yet in the game no call. Lack of fouls also effected things a lot not just because of lack of FTA but also never really had to deal with players getting in foul trouble and lack of time outs, fouls, subs have all been an issue for years and years. I would maybe see a foul on a jump shot like once ever 25-30 games and in real life you see one like ever game.

For fouls do you have them maxed out right now and what have your FTA numbers looked like so far? With your testing so far what would you say is the thing that needs the most work and what would you say is like the best thing so far?

So I am assuming you play very similar to me? Real FG/FT, lot’s of running plays, post play, mid range game?

I am not a fan of the modern game what so ever where guys flop like Brazilian soccer players every shot. So I may not be the best slider set for you.

I am seeing plenty of fouls in the paint so far…a lot more than last cycle which was the last 2K I played since 2K18.

Playing a 91/92 Jazz vs Clippers game right now. Clippers have already called two timeouts in the first period.

I have not maxed them out yet because the 90’s was very physical basketball and I don’t want a foul fest every time I drive or the CPU drives into the paint.

I have turned them up and need lots of games before I push them higher if needed.

It’s going to be a long process.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 04:51 PM   #182
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
So I am assuming you play very similar to me? Real FG/FT, lot’s of running plays, post play, mid range game?

I am not a fan of the modern game what so ever where guys flop like Brazilian soccer players every shot. So I may not be the best slider set for you.

I am seeing plenty of fouls in the paint so far…a lot more than last cycle which was the last 2K I played since 2K18.

Playing a 91/92 Jazz vs Clippers game right now. Clippers have already called two timeouts in the first period.

I have not maxed them out yet because the 90’s was very physical basketball and I don’t want a foul fest every time I drive or the CPU drives into the paint.

I have turned them up and need lots of games before I push them higher if needed.

It’s going to be a long process.

lol I hate the flopping but I blame that on Vlade divac he was the first one to do it got a lot of calls doing it and so then another players started doing it because they realized it would get them calls. A few years ago it was even worse before they started to fine guys for flopping but I don't know how that works because guys could get fined ever game for it lol. I hate that like ever thing is a flagrant foul. It's gotten to the point you cant foul a guy to take away a dunk or layup because a hard enough foul to do that could be called a flagrant foul. Heck go for a block and end up accidentally fouling a guy it's likely to be a flagrant foul. Now they cant fault to stop a fast break just heard about that rule change yesterday hate it another rule to help the offense. If flagrant fouls where not so soft now days I then wouldn't have a issue with this new rule. Also guys do shot too many 3s.

Well if you don't have fouls maxed out yet are seeing fouls thats good because it means you have room to get more if you want to. But yes nba has gotten too soft they need to either bring back hand checking or lighten up on flagrant fouls. I find your sliders on like nba 2k and madden tend to be pretty good. One last question for now are are turnovers? Seemed like last year it was hard to get the CPU to turn the ball over a lot of games with less than 10 turnovers. Good to hear about times out in last game don't know if I ever saw CPU call 2 times out in a quarter last year outside of the 4th.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:04 PM   #183
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey Armor. So just for fun and to see I simulated a 91 season and check out team stats to compare with real life 91-92 season.

Did sim minutes at 12. First thing needing fixed is there are far too many fouls per game for every team. This obviously led to fga being too low. Points per game is spot on however. Crazy cause last year fouls were extremely difficult to get. Real life last year average was like 20 per game. 91-92 season team average was 22. And honestly through the years it's been at that 20-23 per game mark.

Anyways, in my sim the high was 32 per game. Least was 26, which is still way higher than the lowest irl 1992 which was 19 (Lakers). 15th in the sim was 30, and I'd say if I were to guess league average is around 30.

So first thing first is get that right. That will in turn get fga and fta per game around realistic numbers in the simulated games.

Just wanted to post this and let you know. I'm gonna drop foul slider under Simulation settings to 0 and just test to see how few there are. That will give me a solid idea where it needs to be to get that 20-23 fouls per game average.

I turned injuries off just to sim faster. That shouldn't matter for team stat averages.

EDIT: So turning fouls to 0 under possession results did absolutely nothing. Highest still 30, lowest is 25. I definitely do not understand that.

Global edited foul tendency for everyone by -25 and that worked. Now highest is 22, lowest is 18. Just a little too low now so global edit -20 should be good enough.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-10-2022 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:20 PM   #184
Rookie

Playing with the Lakers at Kobe Era. Pro difficult and the game is almost perfect. I fu**ing love this game…

I trade Horry and picks for young Lamar Odom from Clippers 🙌🙌.

Shaq and Kobe is easy mode 😂😂.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »