Home

Still not near enough fouls

This is a discussion on Still not near enough fouls within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2022, 09:58 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Still not near enough fouls

Yes it is better but a long long ways to go still. I never can get more than 10 team fouls for my team. Cpu will get more if I force drives. I think shooting fouls are fine. But there is a severe lack off ball fouls. Still haven't seen an illegal screen yet with slider at 100. No over the back fouls yet either.

Have seen less than 5 loose ball fouls. All set at 100. Shooting fouls have to be 100 to see fouls on jumpshots. A nice thing to see. I even fouled two 3pt shot attempts. But overall still not enough. Honestly it is what it is. It's overall solid but I wouldn't say good. To reach the average of 20 team fouls per game will be near impossible.

This is Pro difficulty btw but doubt that matters.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-14-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 10:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Still not near enough fouls

It's tricky because the Sim engine already is about 30 free throw attempts per game so updating rosters to get in game fouls higher makes the sim engine even worse with way too many fouls.

Pick your poison.

I'm happy with what I'm seeing on current gen at 15 to 20 free throws per game. Had a couple of opponents foul out. Had a couple of my guys in foul troue. I'm seeing some reach ins, blocking, charges, and illegal screens.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2022, 07:18 AM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
It's tricky because the Sim engine already is about 30 free throw attempts per game so updating rosters to get in game fouls higher makes the sim engine even worse with way too many fouls.

Pick your poison.

I'm happy with what I'm seeing on current gen at 15 to 20 free throws per game. Had a couple of opponents foul out. Had a couple of my guys in foul troue. I'm seeing some reach ins, blocking, charges, and illegal screens.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Yeah I simulate and play at 11min quarters too. For simulation settings I had to lower foul slider to get a realistic amount of fouls and fta. So I know raising player foul tendency would mean lowering sim foul slider to 0, and there still may be too many in sims.

Overall I'm happy with fouls in games played. Glad to hear you've seen illegal screens and all. I'm working on getting the cpu to attack the rim more to draw more fouls against me.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:20 AM   #4
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

OVR: 0

I was wondering about this myself. I saw a few posts with foul numbers and to me they looked low. I haven’t bought the game yet and honestly this was why. Eccentric likes what he’s seeing but I agree with you. From the box scores I’ve seen. They were low for my taste.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:59 AM   #5
Rookie

Here's one tip... increase the Go For On-Ball Steals slider to 100 on both sides. And make sure your Foul sliders are maxed out too.

You should see a lot more common fouls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2022, 10:12 AM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
Here's one tip... increase the Go For On-Ball Steals slider to 100 on both sides. And make sure your Foul sliders are maxed out too.

You should see a lot more common fouls.
I do have on ball steal attempts to 100. What I haven't done yet is put reach in foul at 100 though. I know that will definitely help a ton for sure.

Reason why I have on ball steals at 100 is my attempt to create more steals and turnovers. Raising reach in foul to 100 will help fouls but steals will be low. I even have slider where collisions will cause loose ball down to like 5 or 10 and rarely do I see a ball knocked loose from the dribbler.

I'll bite the bullet and raise reach in fouls to like 80 or higher to see how it goes. Maybe raising hands slider even higher and play passing lanes tendency to 100 will help get more steals and turnovers. I already have play passing lanes to 100 on user side though. Hands could be raised higher however.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I do have on ball steal attempts to 100. What I haven't done yet is put reach in foul at 100 though. I know that will definitely help a ton for sure.

Reason why I have on ball steals at 100 is my attempt to create more steals and turnovers. Raising reach in foul to 100 will help fouls but steals will be low. I even have slider where collisions will cause loose ball down to like 5 or 10 and rarely do I see a ball knocked loose from the dribbler.

I'll bite the bullet and raise reach in fouls to like 80 or higher to see how it goes. Maybe raising hands slider even higher and play passing lanes tendency to 100 will help get more steals and turnovers. I already have play passing lanes to 100 on user side though. Hands could be raised higher however.

You have to max out a lot of those sliders.. Hands, On-Ball Steals, Play Passing Lanes, Foul Sliders... Also increase the stealing success sliders - that will pretty much make it so you'll get ripped or fouled, plus it makes you think twice about reaching when playing D. I also decreased Passing Accuracy and Ball Security a ton.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:11 AM   #8
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpstax
You have to max out a lot of those sliders.. Hands, On-Ball Steals, Play Passing Lanes, Foul Sliders... Also increase the stealing success sliders - that will pretty much make it so you'll get ripped or fouled, plus it makes you think twice about reaching when playing D. I also decreased Passing Accuracy and Ball Security a ton.
Ball security. That's what it's called lol. Yeah I have it down to 5 I think. Probably could be 0 and still not see an over abundance of loose balls. I have pass accuracy at 20 to try to get passes thrown straight out of bounds. In the past I've been able to get them by lowering pass accuracy. How low have you set it?

Tonight I will max all this stuff out and see how it goes. I have steal success at like 75 or so but without reach in fouls maxed it was a good balance. I'll max out reach in and steal success and see how it looks. Sounds promising if it's as you say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »