Home

Making open shots harder and contested shots easier?

This is a discussion on Making open shots harder and contested shots easier? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2022, 04:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Making open shots harder and contested shots easier?

I find that in 2k22 shots are both extremely easy and extremely hard. Open shots in particular might be too easy. You can be making 80% of three pointers if your 3 point rating is in the 80s. However when you have a defender who stands in front of you, the timing window shrinks incredibly small even if this defender doesn't raise his hands or jump in your face. I feel like this discourages using more mid-range shots.

Granted, this is unfixable in MyCareer, but sliders wise how would you balance this? Would decreasing inside, close, mid-range, and 3PT success help make open shots harder? Meanwhile, decreasing Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) would make having a defender standing in front of you leave less of an impact on the shrinking shot meter?

I replayed 2k20 recently and I thought the shot meter worked fine there. Open shots were easier, but the chance of greening felt harder compared to 2k22 at least. Meanwhile, it was much easier to shoot with a defender in front (providing he's just standing there) compared to 2k22 where having a defender merely in front of you cause the shooter to have immense anxiety.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2022, 10:17 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Making open shots harder and contested shots easier?

I would try these changes to get open jump shots to be harder but contested shots to be easier.

Lower each of these sliders -

Offense -
Mid-Range Shot Success (making open shots harder)
3PT Success (making open shots harder)
Shot Coverage Impact (making contested shots easier)

Defense -
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) (making contested shots easier)
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) (making contested shots easier)

See if these changes help.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:25 PM   #3
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Making open shots harder and contested shots easier?

Three things you should do

Raise Defensive Strength sliders to max or close to max
Lower Shot Success sliders in 3-5 point increments until you find the right balance
Lower the Shot Coverage slider in 5 point increments until you get a nice mix of contested makes/misses and open makes/misses.

The problem with lowering the defensive strength sliders is the lower they are the less physical the defense is and the less fouls you will see.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 04-19-2022 at 09:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »