Home

NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 01:28 PM   #17
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

The Eras thing, if true, is a cool addition, but we've seen the community do a solid job of implementing this themselves, and on an even higher degree within the PC community. Having content creators doing simulation projects on YouTube and Twitch, for years, it kind of makes this addition minute.

I'm hopeful that this isn't the primary addition to MyNBA/MyGM, there's a ton of things that need to be improved and streamlined that I view as higher priority than the expansion of 2K Scenarios.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:44 PM   #18
Rookie

Fabric's Arena

OVR: 9

I hope this isn’t “it”. Don’t get me wrong: it sounds cool and all, and I know that a lot of people love classic teams and are sure to get a kick out of it, but I just feel like there’s so much else that needs to be looked at when it comes to MyNBA bugs/issues. Especially a lot of the CPU GM/coach logic (or lack of) when it comes to trading, FA signing, roster construction, rotations, drafting etc. - things that are equally as important for MyNBA Eras to function correctly and being enjoyable!

Last edited by Fabric; 08-17-2022 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:48 PM   #19
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0

Great idea for a new feature. I'm curious how flushed out the teams of those eras are. And if they're in MyNBA mode, then theoretically we should be able to access all those 1983, 1991, and 2002 teams during play now as well...that would be so awesome.
Old 08-17-2022, 02:07 PM   #20
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

2k MYNBA blogs be too predictable

Hello fans another year of basketball 🏀

Here's what we been cooking up

Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada

We also fix numerous bugs

See guys on the the court on September 9th
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 08-17-2022, 02:54 PM   #21
MVP

jk31's Arena

I mean sounds cool but I highly doubt that all 30 teams from each era are complete even half. More likely we have teams with 5-6 real players and 7 "John Williams" and friends because they don't have the license to these players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 03:01 PM   #22
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I mean sounds cool but I highly doubt that all 30 teams from each era are complete even half. More likely we have teams with 5-6 real players and 7 "John Williams" and friends because they don't have the license to these players.
I agree. I can see the teams, logos and and everything else but I suspect the players 2K doesnt have the rights to to be generic. Hopefully not those terrible bland John Williams but at least era appropriate CAPs. I can see myself enjoying this addition to MyNBA if it's real.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2022, 03:49 PM   #23
Banned

LITERALLY SOMETHING IVE DREAMED ABOUT!!! If properly executed (meaning not full of bugs, and fully equipped with era based filters and scoreboards, etc) this alone would put 2k23 in contention with greatest 2k ever made!! Idc if rosters are filled with 5-6 “John Smith’s” just give us the foundation and we’ll take care of the rest !!

EDIT: the potential here is CRAZY. This is also something that can be built upon over the coming years….Maybe a Bill Russell/Wilt Chamberlain 50’s-60’s era and a Kareem/Dr.J 70’s era added for 2k24.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 08-17-2022 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 04:10 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

This sounds fascinating if done correctly. When is the official blog that may reveal this information?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »