Home

This is very concerning! -- Human LeBron vs. AI on Superstar

This is a discussion on This is very concerning! -- Human LeBron vs. AI on Superstar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2022, 08:49 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: This is very concerning! -- Human LeBron vs. AI on Superstar

Posted a new thread. Love the game. It’s gorgeous save for some issues with too bright of courts and wood on some teams.

I’m playing my first game, on HoF, with the modern rosters, only with Jordan traded into the Bulls (I want to try this before doing eras to get a comparison idea with 2K22. Defense on drives is HORRIBLE! 2K21 bad. I’m beating the Bucks in my first ever game, on HoF at that, just by driving around defenders and spamming turbo with Jordan. I’m dunking nearly every play or getting fouled and taking free throws. Will start playing with body up sensitivity to see if that works.

2k22 had a lot of brick walls. I enjoyed that when using an elite slasher like Jordan because it made me have to work harder. Now there’s no brick will. I just go right through them.

They’ve done great work on Jordan though. I just want 2K22 on ball defense back.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:14 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Sure you can. So long as the team defense is able to see the Lebron/MJ/KD/Giannis players dominating and adjust accordingly to help and double team more often, you can have those standout players go off when left 1v1 while still being containable with the right gameplanning.
Well. It’s the second quarter in a 3 minute quarter game and I’m playing my first ever game, on HoF and I’m beating the current Bucks and have 28 points with MJ, purely on easily blowing by defenders and dunking or getting fouled (lots of fouls on him). Soooo yeah. Defense on drives against elite slashers is 2K21 bad or even worse. This is on standard HoF. Defenders stand around and there’s zero brick wall effect which makes defenders paper thin.

If I want to make it harder for ME to drive, do I turn body up sensitivity up on the user or CPU side? Gonna play with defense sliders and see if that helps.

It sucks cause it’s such a great game otherwise.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:57 AM   #35
MVP

Ok! I turned all CPU defense sliders to 95, turned body up sensitivity to 95, and lowered WITH BALL speed/accel down 10 points and rose WITHOUT BALL speed/accel 10 points. It SEEMS to make a bit of a difference. Elite slashers are way to fast with the ball in standard speed setting. Keep in mind these are just quick games. I have yet to play a full 48 minute game. Maybe the defense adapts during longer games? Maybe the higher CPU defense settings won’t work too great? But in the quick game I just played, I felt I finally wasn’t just blowing by defenders with ease as much. It wasn’t hard to do, but I was seeing more help arrive and on ball defenders weren’t standing around as much.

With these settings it feels more like 2K22, e.g challenging.

EDIT: Yes, it’s now thankfully harder to drive with these settings and is starting to feel really good. Only problem is I’m already maxed out on defense sliders so as I get better at the game, I have not much more room to boost CPU defense. But it’s feeling much better!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »