Home

Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

This is a discussion on Play Now Online: NBA 2K23 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2022, 10:59 AM   #81
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Also, Ja Morant on an island.

https://streamable.com/h8busg

Until Czars update I’d also suggest turning your Help Defense coach slider up

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-10-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 11:26 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Online: NBA 2K23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
He doesn't play a perfect game in regards to personnel but he moves the ball well vs the zone and then misses open 3 after open 3 with good shooters. I'm a fan of the game when it resembles NBA basketball. This isn't that. The thought of green only shots going down makes my stomach turn--and I can shoot and play with a team where the low starter has an 80 3pt rating.

I get that this is fun for some people but i'm just not one of them.
Maybe I'm just blind but I don't see the Bucks user running a zone defense or the Nets user missing multiple open shots. In fact, it was the Nets user who tried running a 2-3 zone for one possession, and the Bucks user missing a couple of open shots.

You even hear the Nets user say with ~1 minute left in the first "he knows this guy (Claxton) is the weak spot... I don't know how you score". That's what any modern defense in real life will do. Put their best help defender - Timelord, Draymond, Giannis, etc. - on the worst shooter and let them roam free. If you wanna score, take that bad offensive player out and make them cover someone real.

As for "green only" games, I'm not a huge fan either. I prefer 2K14-style shooting. But 2K has seemed to make it easier over the years to green shots, and that makes it easier to reward good ball movement and open shots because you'll always have control over if your shot goes in or not as opposed to leaving it up to RPG. If you were to play with some form of real player %, the best shooters would still only be hitting ~45% of their wide open looks which most people would probably take an issue with.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:09 PM   #83
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Also, Ja Morant on an island.

https://streamable.com/h8busg

Until Czars update I’d also suggest turning your Help Defense coach slider up
I'm so use to LT/RT but I'll definitely give the sticks a try

And hell of a shot with Tatum!!! I gotta check his badges out. I've gotten pretty much perfects with that kind of D on me but still miss.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-10-2022, 01:43 PM   #84
Rookie

tresilk3's Arena

Anybody know whats the difficulty setting this year?

Is it still Superstar??
Old 09-10-2022, 02:01 PM   #85
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I’m gonna league up his year. I want to use the 99-2000 raptors (they have the complete squad) and the all the classic bulls, since 2k23 is very throwback for this version of the game.

You have my permission to quote this lost 3 months from now when I’m in the GOAT league and hating life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 02:28 PM   #86
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresilk3
Anybody know whats the difficulty setting this year?

Is it still Superstar??

It’s a Custom set. When the sliders used to glitch into practice mode, it looked more like All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I’m gonna league up his year. I want to use the 99-2000 raptors (they have the complete squad) and the all the classic bulls, since 2k23 is very throwback for this version of the game.

You have my permission to quote this lost 3 months from now when I’m in the GOAT league and hating life.

I actually had fun leaguing up last year, even GOAT league wasn’t all that bad. So easy to lock down despite the lenient shooting.

I only played against those Raptors once, and lost actually…dude was going off with Carter. They seem fun to play with. Are you going to keep Muggsy in the starting line up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
I'm so use to LT/RT but I'll definitely give the sticks a try

And hell of a shot with Tatum!!! I gotta check his badges out. I've gotten pretty much perfects with that kind of D on me but still miss.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Operation Sports mobile app

Man I marked out for that shot. It was his side step exactly.

I know you were shutting dudes down most of last year, so it’s definitely an adjustment laying off LT. Let me know how it works out for you though. I’m seeing some improvement on the perimeter…
Old 09-10-2022, 03:06 PM   #87
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Is PNO with friends the same as last year? Or did the devs change anything?
Old 09-10-2022, 03:32 PM   #88
Oba
Rookie

Oba's Arena

I have no idea how anyone plays this game online given the requirement to green everything and lag being even slightly present. It's impossible to make shots if the meter starts a second after you begin holding shoot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »