Home

NBA 2k23 Questions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Questions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2022, 09:12 PM   #33
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2k23 Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oba
What difficulty are the Jordan challenges on? Can't see it says anywhere
It reverts to your settings and sliders.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:30 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 2

Anyone else experiencing the cpu getting almost all their points in the paint? I give up like 70+ a game in the paint. Granted I’m not the best defender or have the best defender with Vucevic. But the AI just pounds it inside all game. If others don’t have the issue I like the fact that they’ll attack my weakness.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:47 PM   #35
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

I have yet to get the game, can anyone tell me if you are able to edit the uniforms and accessories colors before starting a game in My NBA Eras? Also is it possible to edit the teams in the Jordan Challenge for instance replacing generic players with created players and editing accessories for the players on the featured teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2022, 05:20 AM   #36
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Does anyone know how to do a fade-away shot from a standing position (not in the post)?

thanks
Old 09-11-2022, 07:03 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Does anyone know how to do a fade-away shot from a standing position (not in the post)?

thanks
I don't think has been something we could do in 2K for a long time, if ever.

The closest thing might be a standing stepback. RT + hold the RS down.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:49 AM   #38
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf

thanks
One thing you can do is pump fake, hold LT/L2, flick right stick up and while still holding LT do the fadeaway command like you're in the post but if you do it all quick enough it'll be almost one motion, at least this is how it was in 2k22 so not sure about 23 but try it out and see. Or you can do all that, minus the pumpfake.

There's a way to do standing ones still but it is a but tricky as most times it triggers that stepback. Pumpfake + standing fade also works
Old 09-11-2022, 08:47 AM   #39
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
What kind of FTA numbers are you seeing? Are you seeing fouls on 3s to? What difficulty are you playing on? I felt like part of the problem last year was you would get animations that looked like fouls but they would just not call it. I would have at least 1 jump shot a game that in real life would be called a foul but nothing would be called. What about CPU and calling timeouts? Is it still still CPU only calling like 2 a game and going like even a half not calling ones at times?

2K fixed that this year so that basically ever time a foul animation occurs, the foul is called. Even on default Superstar you’ll see the AI get 4+ FTs per quarter just from shooting fouls in the paint. Fouls are also called on jumpshots, though mostly only when you user defend and aggressively try to block the shot. I’ve seen a few fouls from the AI attempting to block one of my shots, but it’s pretty rare. Tweaking the Jump Shot Defense Strength sliders will almost certainly lead to more of these fouls, though.

In short, fouls are in a GREAT place this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
Anyone else experiencing the cpu getting almost all their points in the paint? I give up like 70+ a game in the paint. Granted I’m not the best defender or have the best defender with Vucevic. But the AI just pounds it inside all game. If others don’t have the issue I like the fact that they’ll attack my weakness.

Yes, this is because 2K messed up with the default roster by having every team’s Help Defense coach slider set to 0. This makes help defense incredibly delayed to the point that it doesn’t even start to rotate over to help before the offense has already taken the shot in most instances. You’ll need to increase the Help Defense coach slider to 50 or higher (higher meaning help comes quicker, but this can leave shooters too open on the perimeter for an easy pass), decrease the Inside/Close Shot tendencies, and increase the 3PT tendency in the slider menu.

This combination of tweaks will make defenses help protect the paint, leaving someone open on the perimeter, while the tendency tweaks make the AI prioritize the 3PT shot over a contested inside/close shot leading to drive-and-kick scenarios instead of forcing shots in the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
So how do the foul sliders work? If you move it to the left it's less fouls called or more fouls called? I am wanting to have more fouls called on the cpu against me so I can shoot more freethrows and less fouls called on me against the cpu so they shoot less. I am not sure what the difference is between the cpu foul sliders and the user foul sliders. Any help would be appreciated

Lower numbers = fewer foul calls. User fouls dictate how often that foul is called against the user (so putting Shooting Fouls to 100 would mean the CPU is likely to draw a foul when they attack the basket). If you want fewer CPU free throws, decrease the user shooting foul slider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Are turnovers better? Seemed like last year it was hard to get CPU to even get 10.

Turnovers are much better. There are a decent amount of giveaways from passes being slightly off the mark by the CPU (where it just misses the receiver or gets bobbled out of bounds). Loose balls leading to scramble plays are common enough without happening too often with Ball Security at 50, and this can punish you or the CPU for being too cute with your dribble moves in congested areas. The AI is also fairly proactive at stealing long/dumb passes while also doing a decent job covering the PnR roller with Play Passing Lanes set to 65 and Hands at the default 50 setting.

TLDR: Turnovers are much better at default and can be easily increased via sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2022, 01:51 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

I want to set rebounding to 'crash the boards' but whenever I try to do it in the coach's menu it says that 'rebounds will be handled according to ACE' and I have no possibility to change the setting. Is there some way I can overrule this? I have way too many games with horrible offensive rebounding

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »