Home

NBA 2k23 Questions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Questions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2022, 05:34 AM   #41
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2k23 Questions Thread

Still learning on the sticks with the dribble system, so not so hot - any tips for getting round defenders easier?

I'm getting stone walled..A LOT. Shouldn't be happening to MJ against weak defenders. Hesi, cross. spin - defender is literally in front of me no matter what.

It's no issue coming off picks or set plays, but I'd like to be able to ISO with Jordan and get the obvious results.

Any sliders I can adjust to get rid of the sticky glue D, but still keep enough of a challenge?

I play on Allstar with custom sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oba
What difficulty are the Jordan challenges on? Can't see it says anywhere
You set your difficulty as soon as the game boosts up.. so that's what it takes.. so if you are on Rookie normally, you will play the challenge on Rookie.
Old 09-12-2022, 10:48 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I have yet to get the game, can anyone tell me if you are able to edit the uniforms and accessories colors before starting a game in My NBA Eras? Also is it possible to edit the teams in the Jordan Challenge for instance replacing generic players with created players and editing accessories for the players on the featured teams?
You can only do the uniforms in that era... so if you are playing as the Miami Heat in 1989, you can only toggle between home and away.

Accessories? I would have to see it again to make sure.
Old 09-12-2022, 11:27 AM   #44
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista90
I want to set rebounding to 'crash the boards' but whenever I try to do it in the coach's menu it says that 'rebounds will be handled according to ACE' and I have no possibility to change the setting. Is there some way I can overrule this? I have way too many games with horrible offensive rebounding
Check out one of czar's most recent videos. You have to have Ace on Offense Only in order for that andthe Tempo settings to work for the user
Old 09-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #45
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Why is the Ray Clay Bulls intro not in the Jordan Era in my Eras. Seems like it would be super easy to have this in since it's in the challenge mode?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 10:39 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Still learning on the sticks with the dribble system, so not so hot - any tips for getting round defenders easier?

I'm getting stone walled..A LOT. Shouldn't be happening to MJ against weak defenders. Hesi, cross. spin - defender is literally in front of me no matter what.

It's no issue coming off picks or set plays, but I'd like to be able to ISO with Jordan and get the obvious results.

Any sliders I can adjust to get rid of the sticky glue D, but still keep enough of a challenge?

I play on Allstar with custom sliders.
Best advice I can give is to slow down. If you're like me I imagine you receive the ball with Jordan and immediately try to break the defender. Slow down and set him up a bit. Vary your speed when you do RS moves.

I've improved a lot with Steve Francis just by slowing myself down and rocking the defender to sleep sometimes. For example slowly keep pushing the RS up to dribble back and forth, then quickly pull off one of the escape moves and explode to the rim. Francis also has a nasty shamgod move I sometimes use after the slow dance (think its move RS towards ball hand, then up).

So it would look something like
up...up...up...up...up...right-UP turbo towards rim
Old 09-13-2022, 01:03 AM   #47
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewlavay
At some point I'm going to try doing this.

Wish there was a site that showed all the trades and stuff for each year..
I don't really get this though, since player movement / front office decisions are heavily based on how things actually play out in terms of winning / losing. Isn't it less realistic to duplicate real-life panic trades, for instance, when the team is actually doing well in your game and has no reason to panic?
Old 09-13-2022, 03:18 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 11

Do the coaching adjustments actually work this year? I.e. double on drive/catch, different pick coverages, etc?

Also does the help defense slider actually work, and is the help coming from the right places?

I'm not trying to sound negative but I'm not spending money on the game if team defense isn't fixed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »