Home

The 2K23 Post Game Thread

This is a discussion on The 2K23 Post Game Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2023, 07:22 PM   #73
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The 2K23 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak

that's all I got these days w pf, haha. I watched a vid saying amped was a trash badge, but without amped imo that shot is impossible. Comin thru that lane, all that contact, and still be able to shoot pretty clean. Dudes talking about slow anis, if you fade/step back the right way, it's still straight.

Edit: I was soo close to Gold on my PF, too, and went on a bum streak. Messed around and got bronze again. This game, people actually outright selling. OUTRAGEOUS, I SAY.

-Smak

What fade is that?

Slow but created a ton of space, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2023, 04:17 AM   #74
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What fade is that?

Reminds me of Patrick Ewing fade away. Definitely not though
Old 06-16-2023, 03:33 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What fade is that?

EDIT: MJ. Kobe is on my sg, way less ups but it's fast. They each have their advantages. haha that's the best one imo if you can turn. I watch em and see. My dude has 84 vert, too, so I think boosted he's 85 but my vert is pretty crap in some senses for a dunker.

With how people fly everywhere and reach, so the slow ani is beneficial. I almost never have a bad outcome. I miss some shots or if someone jumps right it's like good contest just like you say good shot. I'm not gonna stop taking it if I can esp if people don't wanna guard me. That's the closest thing, in my mind, of being able to rise up and hit a J, and I got it on my shooter and trust me **** is wet from everywhere. I haven't tried 3 yet, but haha. I should soon. I bet it is.

But yeah fading into someone's reach and hitting shot, you see people quit out of the game haha.

Edit: and in case 2klabs might say differently, I am almost positive that vert increases your jump height on certain shots, stuff like that. You need some vert, period, but getting elite vert seems to me like you get more, but maybe I'm tripping. People sleep on vert in this game, imo, the only dudes with 84 85+ vert sold their build for dunking or they can't shoot, so it's like heh. Or they are bbq chicken on D, but if you play hard you'll get stupid plays with athleticism, too, it's an interesting balance. I have minimal reb skills, only bronze chaser. Bronze anchor but I slaughter people's dunks sometimes, if they try to just go over me. 6' 10 7'7 so not even max wingspan. You need 73 mid for gold middie to hit that stuff and it's ALL DAY like way more than you think. Not as all day as HOF but with discretion it's nuts. Especially if you have stuff on your build already like post moves, speed boost badges. I dumped post for a jumper basically. It's still 77, but that's not enough to just house cuz everyone builds hard defense, but it's such a punish em shot.

I'd kill w/ my boy in twos he'd pass to me and then I'd iso at mid, most bigs would just back off so I'd splash, and when they didn't he'd just work. Was unstoppable unless I was broke. That's the one shot you need as a big imo if you're not a 7'3 with hof masher, fearless. Even then, though, you get stopped by people with OP badges occasionally. That shot if you can get it off registers as open. Just gotta decide how to turn.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 06-17-2023 at 05:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »