Home

The 2K23 Post Game Thread

This is a discussion on The 2K23 Post Game Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2023, 09:43 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: The 2K23 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Hahahaha that's hilarious

I made the switch to recently to PS5 after playing PS4 and Switch for months. The post game is completely different on Next-Gen. The speed out of jabs are much speeder and catching the defender off guard. I'm talking about the reverse pivot.

Yeah, it's even true online. I had to re-learn and I'm still vulnerable as a 7'3. It definitely is a big difference. I enjoy it. It's much less spammy and any time I actually expected the ball or had the ball already, I've drawn a foul when people tried to steal it. You can actually jab into people who are reaching and get fouls. The game is a little 'slower,' but the only real spam is people camping the passing lanes, but if your pass rating is right and people are moving right, it's cool. Def happy about it. Can't wait to make another player (face up, probably,) but that could be awhile.

-Smak
Old 02-01-2023, 03:31 PM   #58
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

This was hilarious. I had dropped stepped the last possession vs the CPU. This time he took control. Then I washed him with a shimmy hook
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/16...EwFiV9_Wg&s=19
Old 02-02-2023, 05:48 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
This was hilarious. I had dropped stepped the last possession vs the CPU. This time he took control. Then I washed him with a shimmy hook
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/16...EwFiV9_Wg&s=19

Yea dude was going haha. It's nice that they actually let you leave people like that now. Pretty dirty.

Oh lool, it was a player. Yikes haha.

Edit: I got one for ya haha. I'm trying to figure out how to do a freaking post spin without looking it up. Sad. Anyway, this is probably known, but I think it's crazy, a bit funny, and possibly able to be exploited.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 02-02-2023 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:50 PM   #60
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Yea dude was going haha. It's nice that they actually let you leave people like that now. Pretty dirty.

Oh lool, it was a player. Yikes haha.

Edit: I got one for ya haha. I'm trying to figure out how to do a freaking post spin without looking it up. Sad. Anyway, this is probably known, but I think it's crazy, a bit funny, and possibly able to be exploited.

-Smak
That's not a travel. hahahaha

The reason the player went flying like that I just hit him with back to back drop steps. Sometimes I'll hit them with a fade away.
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/16...763985411?s=20

Last edited by jeebs9; 02-02-2023 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:02 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
That's not a travel. hahahaha

The reason the player went flying like that I just hit him with back to back drop steps. Sometimes I'll hit them with a fade away.
https://twitter.com/jeebs9/status/16...763985411?s=20

All you dudes w/ Js!! The only time I shoot that J is when it somehow makes me turn into a fade instead of shooting the lay up haha. I spent a good time yest on 2k, playin rec then grinding mc for new player (Kemp-ish build, gonna be nuts, so I'll have some Js soon.)

I just like seeing what's possible, haha. Cuz it can translate to rec or player v player. I haven't played reg play v player in SO LONG. Like w/ bots and real teams, wow. lol. Had some dude about to challenge someone to 1v1 (old skool) on the mic tho. Here's all I got in reply tho in terms of post haha. Looks garby and it kinda is, but... cheezy post moves are interesting to me. Like I said a lot of 2k is just unexplored. Not saying people don't know how to do those things, but I don't think people have mastered like... the amount of movement you can get for instance in a situation like what I'm gonna post w/ just one jab in the right direction. Got my foot all in front of his tho haha.

It's not really REALISTIC but I always was like that, if I could get my foot in front of you, there was no way you were gonna get back from that. It's from weird angle cuz it wouldn't move the cam right as an after the basket replay.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2023, 06:03 PM   #62
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
All you dudes w/ Js!! The only time I shoot that J is when it somehow makes me turn into a fade instead of shooting the lay up haha. I spent a good time yest on 2k, playin rec then grinding mc for new player (Kemp-ish build, gonna be nuts, so I'll have some Js soon.)

I just like seeing what's possible, haha. Cuz it can translate to rec or player v player. I haven't played reg play v player in SO LONG. Like w/ bots and real teams, wow. lol. Had some dude about to challenge someone to 1v1 (old skool) on the mic tho. Here's all I got in reply tho in terms of post haha. Looks garby and it kinda is, but... cheezy post moves are interesting to me. Like I said a lot of 2k is just unexplored. Not saying people don't know how to do those things, but I don't think people have mastered like... the amount of movement you can get for instance in a situation like what I'm gonna post w/ just one jab in the right direction. Got my foot all in front of his tho haha.

It's not really REALISTIC but I always was like that, if I could get my foot in front of you, there was no way you were gonna get back from that. It's from weird angle cuz it wouldn't move the cam right as an after the basket replay.

-Smak
This is my favorite tester move on who is defending my post up player. Once they let one go by. Next I'll do the same move but then I'll step back jumper.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:44 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
This is my favorite tester move on who is defending my post up player. Once they let one go by. Next I'll do the same move but then I'll step back jumper.

Mine is "shoot it in your face until you block me" haha. Well, at least make them think that's what is gonna happen. I don't even put counters on people til they can stop the initial move haha. But it is funny when you catch someone so asleep. haha.

Post dudes, if you're not using change shot... even for micro adjust at the release to get better contests, you ain't playin rite! You can always just throw it up too if ya gotta. Stuff really needs an adjustment, it's p funny. Supremely demoralizing to other people, for some reason. lol when ever people do that to me, it's like... haha ok, let's go.

-Smak
Old 02-26-2023, 03:11 PM   #64
MVP

I’m glad contests are better, but a lot of the time they are too light. This reminds me of some George Mikan tape vs electricians and plumbers haha.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »