Home

MyNBA Injury Duration

This is a discussion on MyNBA Injury Duration within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2022, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyNBA Injury Duration

When simulating MyNBA Modern Era Chet Holmgren returns from a 300 day injury in like 100 days. Same thing with injuries throughout the season. It will come up as 4-6 week injury, then the player will be healed in 1-1/2 weeks. I’ve tried turning off staff abilities but that doesn’t look like it helped.

Does anyone know how to fix this or work around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 08:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyNBA Injury Duration

Quick and dirty way is to just extend the injury time artificially in the player info screen.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Is this offline or online?
We had that issue last cycle in our online league but I didn't know if it happened offline as well.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-17-2022, 10:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Is this offline or online?
We had that issue last cycle in our online league but I didn't know if it happened offline as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2022, 12:51 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Out of curiosity, what season length are you using? Wondering if injury length is scaled with season length
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2022, 03:09 AM   #6
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

I literally just posted about this in bugs and glitches thread. This was happening in NBA 2k22 as well.

It happens regardless of what injury duration settings you use during the MyNBA mode set up. I've set my injury durations to 99 with 99 injury severity and people still recover from injuries in half the time.

As it stands if someone tears their achilles in November they will 100% be back by the playoffs currently. I hope this gets fixed. It's really annoying to have to go in and edit injury lengths.
Old 09-18-2022, 03:53 AM   #7
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I literally just posted about this in bugs and glitches thread. This was happening in NBA 2k22 as well.

It happens regardless of what injury duration settings you use during the MyNBA mode set up. I've set my injury durations to 99 with 99 injury severity and people still recover from injuries in half the time.

As it stands if someone tears their achilles in November they will 100% be back by the playoffs currently. I hope this gets fixed. It's really annoying to have to go in and edit injury lengths.
Yes well known issue.

I have been using the same workaround described above for important injuries.

The good thing with 2k23 we have in game injuries at least which make the option to play each single game valid

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 11-02-2022, 01:40 PM   #8
Rookie

HeyFred's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345

Are you still getting good results with this? I'm creating a scenario and would like some more research before finalizing since this is the only time to set duration. Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »