Home

NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2023, 12:55 AM   #97
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

I play in a league of guys that 5out drive to draw in defenders and then kick out for the open 3 primarily. Anyone got a suggestion for the best defensive settings for this?
Old 04-21-2023, 01:41 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there anyway to edit the CPU teams defensive settings in an online league?

It would be nice for them to play with different coverages
Old 04-26-2023, 06:21 PM   #99
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballout2k
I play in a league of guys that 5out drive to draw in defenders and then kick out for the open 3 primarily. Anyone got a suggestion for the best defensive settings for this?
You can either turn Drive Help off and try to contain the ball handler as best as possible.

or

Keep Drive Help on Auto and rotate manually when your Help Defender comes down to stop the ballhandler.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 04-27-2023, 02:57 AM   #100
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballout2k
From my experience in the last 2-3 years, as soon as the opponent switches to 5 out freelances or plays, the defense completely looses any small logic it had before and turns into a ****show that plays like it has never played basketball before. No matter which settings you use, the players will just glue to their man on the 3pt line, no matter who he is and how bad of a shooter he is. They will rotate to help but so late, that they neither cover the drive nor their own man when the kick out comes. doesnt matter which defensive settings you use. Against teams that play like this I prefer to switch to a 2-3 zone honestly. at least 1) it requires some thinking to play against a zone defense so not every opponent is able to beat it 2) shooting is very very hard for most people and as long as you are able to contest somewhat, you likely force many misses and 3) the paint is locked down while on the flipside people won't get lost in no mans land so you know who you can use to cover which 3pt position of the opponent.
Old 04-28-2023, 05:43 AM   #101
MVP

OVR: 10

I mean this is obvious but back when I played for real 1v1, you’d do it like you might set up a rec team. Look at your guys and your bench. Get people with the skill set/badges to do the best u can, like getting a dumb ball stopper is almost a given. Someone who can force pick ups. If the cpu wasn’t dumb I’d put them all on deny and put the specific defender(s) on ball, people w str and on ball d. Try to get someone w anchor haha. Play Bron d and eat 3s. Make him shoot with his driver, count on just barely getting contests on his three and bumping him before he can start posterizing you.

Make him score 50, no threes. Keep working. Tire him out. The true answer to 5 out is a unique zone but real players don’t understand it, so bots prol never will.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2023, 11:40 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I really hope that 2k24 is finally current gen on PC. I can't stand another year with an old gen version of the game. We are missing SO MUCH content. All of these new settings are simply not existing on old gen. And then we are wondering why the game plays so horrible on PC?!
The difference between the two versions is not so important

I bought the PS5 version in September, then I sold it because of the bugs. Then I played on pc and recently I bought again on PS5 hoping that the bugs would be solved, unfortunately, nothing has changed, like the offensive and defensive settings or the display bugs.

My conclusion ? The PC version is the best version, there are less bugs, the AI is more stable, we have 60 fps all the time even in the menus, we don't have the horrible icon to make an alley-oop, the myGM mode is better and many other things better.
The disadvantages are animations a little less well done, graphics and atmosphere very old and the absence of myERA. However, myERA is also buggy and disappointing on some point.

in short... NBA next gen is a beta version since the beginning. We are far from the technological progress of nba2k14 and 15 when the ps4 and xbox one were released. Since the fashion of micotransaction and the fashion of streamers "my career" who make 3vs 3 ultra arcade, NBA2k is not quality and it will never be as long as 2k earns more money with VC and the community "park" will play the game. In other words, if you are a gamer who likes simulation and tactics, know that the park has killed your game. It's much easier and cheaper to make hot dog hats than to correct ACE....
Old 05-21-2023, 07:50 AM   #103
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

Has anybody see a double team on hot player outside the 3pt line?

https://youtu.be/PP0hnjgDGLc

I mean something like above…

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 05-21-2023 at 10:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »