Home

NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2022, 04:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31

so basically I can pick my poison: either the def OTFC settings don't work BUT I have control over my defensive scheme OR I give the control over my defensive scheme to the AI BUT have control over the OTFC settings? sounds terrible...Can anyone confirm that?
And what do you mean by "ACE on and both off"?
I meant offensive(off) and defensive playcalling.Edited my OP accordingly.

SM-G960F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Last edited by ConQrDie; 09-29-2022 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:22 AM   #18
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConQrDie
I meant offensive(off) and defensive playcalling.Edited my OP accordingly.

SM-G960F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
yeah but defensive playcalling on auto means the AI can change the defensive scheme from man-to-man to zone, full-court press or whatever.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:09 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConQrDie
For OTFC defensive and offensive settings to properly work , you need ACE on and both offensive and defensive playcalling set to auto. Offensive settings won't stick visually but the chosen setting will be in effect till you choose a new one.
Ok I'll see what it looks like if I turn ACE on and playcalling on auto. Yes, many visuals are broken. In my business it would be unacceptable to sell a product like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkevin
I don't understand why they give you the tools and then don't tell you how to use them, the more the poor description they use does not even do what it indicates. absurd
I know why they don't provide a tool and a precise description: they know that everything is buggy. The question is: can they fix it?
It's much easier to create very arcade-like 3v3 modes...

But... if you have to set everything to "auto", is there really a manual mode?
Old 09-30-2022, 11:57 AM   #20
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Forgive my ignorance. I haven’t been actively playing 2k for the last few years. This year I have I got the PS5 and am playing a ton of 2k. I am just kind of learning the game and it’s mechanics.

I don’t really understand what ACE is or what it does. Right now I have it turned On and play calling for offense and defense set to auto.

What is ACE, and what does it do? And what are the benefits of having it on vs off? I really just like the CPU to call plays and let me run them, since I really don’t have time to dive deep in to all of the playbooks and learn them. Any info to extend my knowledge would be much appreciated.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:15 PM   #21
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

So there is a difference between gap and tight off ball defensive settings.

Pre rotate and leave them don't work at all and have zero effect.

The difference between gap and moderate off ball are very small. Maybe a half a step.

If we could get gap to get that defender right outside the paint we are good. Just 2 or 3 more steps away.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #22
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Forgive my ignorance. I haven’t been actively playing 2k for the last few years. This year I have I got the PS5 and am playing a ton of 2k. I am just kind of learning the game and it’s mechanics.

I don’t really understand what ACE is or what it does. Right now I have it turned On and play calling for offense and defense set to auto.

What is ACE, and what does it do? And what are the benefits of having it on vs off? I really just like the CPU to call plays and let me run them, since I really don’t have time to dive deep in to all of the playbooks and learn them. Any info to extend my knowledge would be much appreciated.

well basically nobody knows what ACE actually does. in principle it means that the AI will control your gameplan and make adaptions based on what happens on the court. this is why lot of people turn it off so they are in full control of the tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
So there is a difference between gap and tight off ball defensive settings.

Pre rotate and leave them don't work at all and have zero effect.

The difference between gap and moderate off ball are very small. Maybe a half a step.

If we could get gap to get that defender right outside the paint we are good. Just 2 or 3 more steps away.
interesting and good to hear, i will use gap a lot more then. but you are right. if gap would mean that the defender stands right outside the paint (or inside the paint and only leaving to not get 3 seconds...) that would be really great and improve the defense a lot.
I added your findings to the first post.

Last edited by jk31; 09-30-2022 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:31 PM   #23
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
well basically nobody knows what ACE actually does. in principle it means that the AI will control your gameplan and make adaptions based on what happens on the court. this is why lot of people turn it off so they are in full control of the tactics.

interesting and good to hear, i will use gap a lot more then. but you are right. if gap would mean that the defender stands right outside the paint (or inside the paint and only leaving to not get 3 seconds...) that would be really great and improve the defense a lot.
Does coach ratings and attributes have any effect on what is called in ACE? Like for instance will Greg popovich make better adjustments in MYNBA as opposed to say, Johnny come lately?
Old 09-30-2022, 03:34 PM   #24
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Does coach ratings and attributes have any effect on what is called in ACE? Like for instance will Greg popovich make better adjustments in MYNBA as opposed to say, Johnny come lately?

i don't know that either...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »