Home

NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

This is a discussion on NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2022, 07:55 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k23 Off/Def Settings Knowledge Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Has anyone managed to test in depth whether "Ice" works this year? Basically this should only apply to side or wing pick and rolls. I think this settings is a hard one to validate because in my experience the CPU only ever really runs high pick and rolls.

Not consistently…which sucks because this is what teams like the 90s Bulls used most as their PNR coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2022, 07:55 AM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Has anyone managed to test in depth whether "Ice" works this year? Basically this should only apply to side or wing pick and rolls. I think this settings is a hard one to validate because in my experience the CPU only ever really runs high pick and rolls.

Not consistently…which sucks because this is what teams like the 90s Bulls used most as their PNR coverage.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:39 PM   #67
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog

Can confirm that. It works sometimes but not consistently.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:45 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Can confirm that. It works sometimes but not consistently.

I honestly haven’t seen it run consistently since 2k19. And probably no 2k before that one lol
Old 11-07-2022, 03:51 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's really a shame that quite a few settings aren't even working. You can choose them in the settings but they aren't performed on the court.

- switches don't work at all. That's really a bummer because switching almost everything on screens or handoffs is almost a given in the modern NBA. It's not in the game at all. Almost a gamebreaker.

- soft/hard hedges aren't working. Hedge defender is sitting too far back and giving up the pull-up easily.
Old 11-07-2022, 05:33 AM   #70
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70

- soft/hard hedges aren't working. Hedge defender is sitting too far back and giving up the pull-up easily.

Look at my first post. Soft Hedge actually is drop defense on purpose according to Da Czar. Makes no sense that is this way, but thats the official information we got in one of his streams.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:05 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Look at my first post. Soft Hedge actually is drop defense on purpose according to Da Czar. Makes no sense that is this way, but thats the official information we got in one of his streams.
Yeah, but that means that there is no hard or soft hedge in the game.

And no switches on picks. That is really, really bad if you look at how the game is played nowadays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2022, 01:07 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
help rotation gets triggered once the ballhandler Sets a foot into the paint. thats why i Play "force middle" since i learned that. through the middle the defenders reaches the paint earlier than through baseline.
I don't think this is 100% accurate. I think it is largely dependent on a player's help d IQ rating.

For example I ran a PnR on the wing with Arenas and the screen was set towards the endline. I ran off the screen (so towards the baseline) and thought I had a clear path to the basket (90s style spacing so the 3 other players were all bunched away from the play) when KG comes running down at the perfect time to cut off my drive and force a contested pull up.

It was a thing of beauty tbh. I'm use to seeing guys play like real life versions on offense, but seeing KG make a play like on that defense brought a smile to my face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »