Home

Era mode plans

This is a discussion on Era mode plans within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2022, 08:23 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Era mode plans

Jordan Era, take the Bulls and see how many rings MJ can win. I also plan to get Manute Bol and call him Manute Bull when I play.

Kobe era take Sonics and keep them in Seattle and I wanna build around CP3 and Durant.

Modern era I need some ideas.

Last edited by SashaBanksFan4Ever; 09-29-2022 at 08:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Era mode plans

I’m planning on importing a young T-Mac back with the Raptors and see how Toronto does if he never left Vince in the Kobe era.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I’m already working through a 1983-84 season with the Pistons. I’m planning on trying to keep the league as it was in real life, just to experience the historical progression of it all (culminating in the Pistons’ Bad Boys run).

It’s already been pretty fascinating running through the ‘84 league as it was while looking ahead and peering at how much the landscape is going to change once MJ, Hakeem, and Barkley arrive.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I’m already working through a 1983-84 season with the Pistons. I’m planning on trying to keep the league as it was in real life, just to experience the historical progression of it all (culminating in the Pistons’ Bad Boys run).

It’s already been pretty fascinating running through the ‘84 league as it was while looking ahead and peering at how much the landscape is going to change once MJ, Hakeem, and Barkley arrive.
I'm doing something kind of similar, except starting in the Jordan Era.

Taking the Pistons, and simming up to the 1992 Trade Deadline, setting force wins so the games go exactly as they did up to that point.

My plan is to trade for Charles Barkley at the deadline, and see if the Pistons can dethrone the Bulls, and continue their run.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm so excited to get my 83/84 era started once MJWizards roster comes out. I've never been one to do what if replays when I play games with those options like OOTP. I try to keep it updated with the real transactions, injuries and lineups and hop into games so I can play in the same situation there was in real life. I'm going to run basically a commissioner mode in this and then use a number generator to pick a game to play each night, then control the team that won that game in real life since we have real life schedules in this mode.

I'm sure that's not many peoples cup of tea but it feels neat seeing the league unfold similarly to how it did in real life. Always cool to see what variations happen due it being a video game and to see if any teams that under or over performed in real life redeem themselves in the video game universe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 06:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdutch98
I'm doing something kind of similar, except starting in the Jordan Era.

Taking the Pistons, and simming up to the 1992 Trade Deadline, setting force wins so the games go exactly as they did up to that point.

My plan is to trade for Charles Barkley at the deadline, and see if the Pistons can dethrone the Bulls, and continue their run.
Love that idea.

The possibilities of this mode really are just about endless. I don't think there's going to be enough time to fulfill all the ideas I want to carry out, to be honest, and that's a great problem to have.

I'm really into my first Era strategy of keeping everything true to life, just to watch the league grow and transform as it did. It honestly feels like the most interactive NBA history lesson possible.

But then I also love your idea, of playing everything out true to life except for one single difference. In your case, that'll be dealing for Barkley (I'll be interested in seeing what you'll have to send Philly to make that happen, by the way).

Third, there's also a piece of me that thinks it'd be fun to have a "wild growth" approach to an Era, where I only control one team and let the rest of the league play out however it chooses. I've super simmed a few years that way, but mostly only so I could see what courts the game included. It was fascinating to watch Larry Johnson win himself a Finals MVP in Charlotte then have David Robinson do the same thing in Milwaukee, of all places.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

No concrete plans.
Just take control of Kobe era Wizards and see what happens.

I may do a what-if scenario where I was good enough to enter the NBA lol. Haven't decided yet.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:03 AM   #8
Pro

How many injuries happen in eras mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »