Home

How do you like to play MyNBA?

This is a discussion on How do you like to play MyNBA? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
How do you like to play MyNBA?

Just curious how everyone likes to play their MyNBA? What ERA are you playing in? Do you like to control all teams? One team? Be the commissioner and approve or deny CPU-CPU trades? Injuries on or off? Mimic real life transactions and injuries or play in a fantasy alternate reality?

How do you like to play? Want to hear some interesting takes and stories from you all!

Last edited by tcnumba10; 09-29-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How do you like to play MyNBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Just curious how everyone likes to play their MyNBA? What ERA are you playing in? Do you like to control all teams? One team? Be the commissioner and approve or deny CPU-CPU trades? Injuries on or off? Mimic real life transactions and injuries or play in a fantasy alternate reality?

How do you like to play? Want to hear some interesting takes and stories for you all!
Play 1 team, the Sixers, in the modern era. Mimic real life transactions and injuries for the Sixers but let the computer handle the rest of the league.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:44 AM   #3
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Play 1 team, the Sixers, in the modern era. Mimic real life transactions and injuries for the Sixers but let the computer handle the rest of the league.
If a player from a rival team gets a season ending injury, you don’t put him out of the rotation when you play that team in your MyNBA then? And you’ll allow the CPU to make blockbuster trades with another CPU team?

Last edited by tcnumba10; 09-29-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

83 Lakers as that's when I started watching basketball. Magic was my favorite player growing up. I let whatever happens happens. Then when Magic retires I think I'll start one in 91 as the Knicks. I've been Knicks fan since early 90s.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:09 PM   #5
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
83 Lakers as that's when I started watching basketball. Magic was my favorite player growing up. I let whatever happens happens. Then when Magic retires I think I'll start one in 91 as the Knicks. I've been Knicks fan since early 90s.
So injuries, trades happening in your own fantasy world? Any cool stories to share? Big trades?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 12:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Man.... I been playing sonce the Bird era..

I control all teams for a decent replica of what actually happened.. finals and big trades/Draft picks... My real main team is the Bulls, but I control the teams that win the finals that year mainly.. for example.. in 1989 I controlled the Pistons mainly so that they would win

One thing I have done to make a bit of fantasy was use players from College Hoops 2k8 as well with my draft classes... so those CAPs that arent real players, I just create players that recently graduated.

Im currently in 1993-94 season.. and any inaccuracies I see, I been able to over come them. Missing courts/jerseys? Created/updated them so I can feel immersion a bit.. love it!

Interesting stories?

-Isiah Thomas got injured around 1991 and has decided to wrap it up after 1992

- Reggie Lewis found a great medical staff and has been able to play healthy

- Drazen Petrovic got on that connecting flight in the summer and has been doing well with the Nets

- The league is competitive (aka I put superstars overalls Snoop Dogg High) so Scottie Pippen has yet to be an All Star. BJ Armstrong is averaging 21 ppg plus this year and was an All Star with MJ this year for his first.

- Shaq has been dominating! So has Penny Hardaway for his rookie year.

- Moses Malone was asked for one more year in 1992-93and delivered! Sixers never made the playoffs that year but he showed he still had it

- Jay Humphries is something else! Whew, 2 time MVP and 2 time DPOY, he has been going crazy.

- James Worthy went to play with The Pistons for a year.. but I had to get him back on the Lakers, it dint look right hahah.. Lakers signed him for 5 years after getting him on a minimum "somehow" lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image - 2022-09-21T201553.051.jpg (168.9 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg image - 2022-09-23T123952.225.jpg (121.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg image - 2022-09-23T220559.375.jpg (188.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg image - 2022-09-23T204721.415.jpg (178.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg image - 2022-09-25T233301.913.jpg (180.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 09-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #7
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Man.... I been playing sonce the Bird era..

I control all teams for a decent replica of what actually happened.. finals and big trades/Draft picks... My real main team is the Bulls, but I control the teams that win the finals that year mainly.. for example.. in 1989 I controlled the Pistons mainly so that they would win

One thing I have done to make a bit of fantasy was use players from College Hoops 2k8 as well with my draft classes... so those CAPs that arent real players, I just create players that recently graduated.

Im currently in 1993-94 season.. and any inaccuracies I see, I been able to over come them. Missing courts/jerseys? Created/updated them so I can feel immersion a bit.. love it!

Interesting stories?

-Isiah Thomas got injured around 1991 and has decided to wrap it up after 1992

- Reggie Lewis found a great medical staff and has been able to play healthy

- Drazen Petrovic got on that connecting flight in the summer and has been doing well with the Nets

- The league is competitive (aka I put superstars overalls Snoop Dogg High) so Scottie Pippen has yet to be an All Star. BJ Armstrong is averaging 21 ppg plus this year and was an All Star with MJ this year for his first.

- Shaq has been dominating! So has Penny Hardaway for his rookie year.

- Moses Malone was asked for one more year in 1992-93and delivered! Sixers never made the playoffs that year but he showed he still had it

- Jay Humphries is something else! Whew, 2 time MVP and 2 time DPOY, he has been going crazy.

- James Worthy went to play with The Pistons for a year.. but I had to get him back on the Lakers, it dint look right hahah.. Lakers signed him for 5 years after getting him on a minimum "somehow" lol
Sounds very immersive and you can get lost in your own little universe! How many games do you play per season? All 82? Simulate some? Or have you decrease the number of games per season?
Old 09-29-2022, 01:11 PM   #8
Banned

GSW3011239's Arena

OVR: 0

This is probably the first time I've consistently played some MyNBA in awhile. But I've been simming a lot to get to the next draft picks lol. Eras are a great idea and 2k going all in on it, with the whole presentation, rules, etc makes a big difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »