Home

A Green Window Slider for offline users

This is a discussion on A Green Window Slider for offline users within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2023 Review - Take the Plunge
Diamond Dynasty Year in Review: Content
Retro Goal Review: Retro Bowl's Brother Arrives on the Switch

Old 09-29-2022, 06:13 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
A Green Window Slider for offline users

For 2k24 I would hope they add in Green window slider offline for Users/CPU
That way whenever people start complaining about CPU or users bricking shots after a 2k update

We as users can toggle the green window slider on all levels

Hof is a perfect example: if I want the tiny green window to be bigger I could do that
Because raising my shooting sliders I become OP(not fun)
I don't expect to hit every shot but having a Green window slider I could adjust to my liking would be awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 07:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A Green Window Slider for offline users

Hopefully we can get some more options on the shot timing. Mike Wang was speaking about how we were supposed to have five different release options on the 2K Reddit forums:

ď There was a technical reason why we had to go with 4 settings instead of 5 (which would have included Normal.) This feature came in very late in the dev cycle, at which point we were no longer allowed to change the size of our save file format. So we had to get creative and use a dormant setting that wasn't being used. At the end of the day, the names of the 4 options are completely arbitrary since we changed how shot timing works compared to previous years anyway. So they might as well have been called 1, 2, 3, 4. But we just opted for more understandable names, even though it was weird that we didn't have a Normal option. We were thinking about going with Early, Normal, Late, and Very Late but that seemed equally weird. For 2k24, we'll implement the feature "properly" and give you guys 5 options.... that is, if we can't get the PGA shot calibration idea implemented that SandyDFS mentioned. that was what we originally wanted to do.Ē
Old 09-30-2022, 04:06 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
For 2k24 I would hope they add in Green window slider offline for Users/CPU
That way whenever people start complaining about CPU or users bricking shots after a 2k update

We as users can toggle the green window slider on all levels

Hof is a perfect example: if I want the tiny green window to be bigger I could do that
Because raising my shooting sliders I become OP(not fun)
I don't expect to hit every shot but having a Green window slider I could adjust to my liking would be awesome!
That would be really cool! That way we could finally disable green releases going in at 100 % completely by completely removing any green window at all!
Old 09-30-2022, 11:48 AM   #4
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Just imagine can separate shooting patches from online &offline

That's a big w for offline users

Make it where we could adjust the green window slider from
From fades,hooks,stepbacks,and contested would be huge addition to the slider family

For example: if I felt all-star CPU bricks too many shots I could up the green window slider

I never toot my own horn but this is a great idea 💡
Old 09-30-2022, 04:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Just imagine can separate shooting patches from online &offline

That's a big w for offline users

Make it where we could adjust the green window slider from
From fades,hooks,stepbacks,and contested would be huge addition to the slider family

For example: if I felt all-star CPU bricks too many shots I could up the green window slider

I never toot my own horn but this is a great idea 💡
At first I didnít understand but now I agree wholeheartedly that shooting in general should be separated between offline and online. Hopefully the developers at 2K start looking into this immediately for next years 2K24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2022, 08:01 PM   #6
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champy123
At first I didnít understand but now I agree wholeheartedly that shooting in general should be separated between offline and online. Hopefully the developers at 2K start looking into this immediately for next years 2K24
For those that are confused on what I said let me explain

2k has a invisible shooting window that's only visible to 2k and not us
The window is a percentage on how many times you green a shot or make a shot
Each level the shooting window gets smaller and smaller
From rookie very large window (Ocean view window) to the smallest window (small as a slightly cracked door) on HOF

The success shooting sliders and shooting window is different that's why if you play on pro and move the shooting sliders to 50 you still gonna make a ton a shots at a high rate and if you play on HOF leaving your shooting at 50 it's the opposite you miss more shots because the invisible window is smaller

Y'all get what im saying now🤔👀

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »