Home

Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter)

This is a discussion on Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2022, 07:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang : Survey on the shooting system (Twitter)

to MIKE WANG

this year playing Play Now games makes you just want to play with one team with how the shooting system is. its cool for the Greens to be hard to make but come on now WIDE OPEN with full white bar with Capable shooters (75 plus 3pt rating with shooting badges) should make some not all but some shots. Cant even make two dribble pull up jumper stuff that's normal in the NBA

and please change the it only goes in if its a SWISH (all net) never seen bank shots go in on HOF, floaters (only all net) etc. there needs to be some roll around the rim makes, hit off rim and bounce in shots etc

Last edited by Kperk; 09-30-2022 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:58 AM   #10
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Shooting is to easy

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-30-2022, 09:17 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Ironically, I do see this in MyTeam. Users shooting 3's with players you wouldn't expect. I really want to call this "unintended consequences". In spirit, I feel they accomplished what they want to accomplish with this change to the shooting. However, between release window settings and certain animations, users gravitated to players that were more in alignment with their shooting style.

Personally, I haven't noticed a trend for a "catch all" shooting animation. The current state is probably not ideal, but I definitely prefer it over 2K22 where, as JK31 stated, you couldn't ignore certain players and everyone on the court was a 3PT threat.

To be clear though, Putting Curry’s base on Deandre Jordan is not making him shoot 40%+

Sure, There are cases where some players with easier timed jump shots can have more success This has always been a thing), but I feel like we are still talking theory over execution.

As someone who literally takes random teams into PNO after getting a general idea of releases in 2KU, I appreciate that the game rewards learning the mechanics. There are so many different ways to score this year if you learn the game. Beating a Giannis spammer by stepping in and hitting a ton of pull up middys is satisfying.

I had a MyTeam team match that summed this all up perfectly. I had a 92 Curry, he had the 95 version. He’s “2K22’ing” and missing a ton of badly taken shots on cold, Goes like 3-22. I’m taking good shots and finish like 6-9. He didn’t outplay me “because 95 Curry” and I love that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2022, 10:13 AM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Shooting is to easy

Stop spamming with Ice Trae!

Old 09-30-2022, 10:59 AM   #13
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Stop spamming with Ice Trae!

John collins is the real shooter. Ha

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-30-2022, 11:46 AM   #14
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Real talk. The shooting setting is not something to even be angry about. We still got FOUR options available to us. If anything, he indirectly admitted that the 1 year of development period doesn't give them enough time to get everything in that they want sometimes. However, what they managed to get in was good enough for me and kinda innovative. The ability to "move" my green window based on how I shoot or to combat input/internet latency was brilliant.

PERSONALLY, I like the current shooting system, but it's probably the closest thing to NBA 2K11 for me. Speaking as an unofficial MyTeam player, it shouldn't change. Over time, the cards are going to get better which presumably should lead to people hitting more shots. I DO like that he implied to the MyPlayer crowd that they just need to learn how to get better, and there's no plans to change it. Now, I do see PNO players getting a reasonable tweak. If anything, I would prefer NBA 2K22's shooting mechanics in that mode.

EDIT: Interesting. Reading Twitter, the comments are mostly positive. Changing release timing based on the defense seems to be the main concern.
Agreed. I agree the last few 2k’s because the shooting didn’t feel natural to me. With it set to “late” it feels the best it has for me since maybe 2k14. I get having to learn players animations and releases to shoot properly. But some players just have some wonky animations.

You should be able to shoot in “rythm” and still have a pretty good chance of having the feel for a shot.

It’s a great feature, that for me personally is a game changer. If they want to add normal next year that is fine with me. What we have now works great and I am happy
Old 09-30-2022, 12:41 PM   #15
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
To be clear though, Putting Curry’s base on Deandre Jordan is not making him shoot 40%+

Sure, There are cases where some players with easier timed jump shots can have more success This has always been a thing), but I feel like we are still talking theory over execution.

As someone who literally takes random teams into PNO after getting a general idea of releases in 2KU, I appreciate that the game rewards learning the mechanics. There are so many different ways to score this year if you learn the game. Beating a Giannis spammer by stepping in and hitting a ton of pull up middys is satisfying.

I had a MyTeam team match that summed this all up perfectly. I had a 92 Curry, he had the 95 version. He’s “2K22’ing” and missing a ton of badly taken shots on cold, Goes like 3-22. I’m taking good shots and finish like 6-9. He didn’t outplay me “because 95 Curry” and I love that.

You're right, but I can't shoot that well with Curry anyways, lol. However, I'll be willing to slap a Jimmy Butler or MJ shooting animation on DeAndre to test the theory .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2022, 01:10 PM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
You're right, but I can't shoot that well with Curry anyways, lol. However, I'll be willing to slap a Jimmy Butler or MJ shooting animation on DeAndre to test the theory .

Really? Curry’s shot is so smooth.

I actually have more issues with long holds like Jordan or AD

Trigger locking your shot with LT or RT has also been pretty helpful for some, especially for the more heavy handed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »