Home

NBA 2K23 Review - They Didn't Break It One Month Later

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Review - They Didn't Break It One Month Later within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Undisputed Beta Impressions - Now I Just Want It More
Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2023 Review - Another Winner
Five Wrestlers Who Should Replace CM Punk on the AEW Fight Forever Cover

Old 10-06-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K23 Review - They Didn't Break It One Month Later

#2KDay has come and gone. We're now about a month into NBA 2K23 and the game...

Written By: Joel Smith

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2022, 05:39 PM   #2
b1g
Rookie

b1g's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Review - They Didn't Break It One Month Later

As far as offline goes and someone that never plays online, this is the best sports game ever imo. I knew they had something stored when they announced the Jordan challenge, nevermind the Myera stuff. That was a B1G bonus that just took it over the top. Is the game perfect? No, but if they don't follow up and add on to this next year, this game will be played for a very long time.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

It's because development felt satisfied with their creation. The last few years had some experimental changes, and testing can only provide so much information. This year, they found the balance they've been working toward.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Pleasantly surprised at how 2K has managed to not “corrupt” the gameplay according to the demands of the myTEAM/myCareer players. Last year around this time for 2K22, that game was patched to crap in about three weeks. This year, barring any game breaking glitches and bugs, I hope they don’t touch anything regarding the gameplay till literally next year
Old 10-06-2022, 08:39 PM   #5
MVP

Incredible game that keeps me in awe.

Hoping some notable hugs get patched and awaiting older custom rosters and MyNBA files getting all the newly released jerseys. But also apprehensive that their big patch will screw something up like it did 2K22 which was a DISASTER after that big patch in mid to late Oct.

Just donít touch gameplay! Itís perfect. Donít touch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2022, 12:10 AM   #6
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

We all seem to be living in fear that somethings going to happen and destroy this game lol.. I think this years game is MILES ahead of any other 2k game going back at least 10 years and all they really need to do is not cave in to the cheese side of this games community.. don't make shooting easier, don't make fatigue less impactful, force people to play a certain way an eventually the crying will subside.. fingers crossed ya'll
Old 10-07-2022, 03:27 AM   #7
Rookie

They didn't break it, but they damn sure haven't addressed the issues that Play Now online the mode that has carried this game for years, before the pay to win modes came along, some defensive settings not working or explained, controller settings resetting when you power up, Quick plays not working at all, you set your eight quick plays, that will work offline, but if you set them up for online, they go back to the default plays, No saved playbooks & def settings so we don't spend all 3 min, (should go back to 5) setting things up. Shot release not being accessible online so when it does reset I can go change it back, Why was when I was in my hot zone my controller would vibrate, How come Full length football passes are so accurate, can't some or 40-50 % go out of bounds Also we have early, very early, late & very late shot releases, how about a NORMAL shot release, And also on Play now online, where is the back out button if you don't like your matchup, have a mirror matchup or playa team a couple of tiers higher? And where are the extra wins if i beat a team thats in a higher tier, if I beat a tier 2 team with a tier 3 team thats a extra win beat tier 3, 2 wins like it use to be. Thats all carry on,

Last edited by Sam I am; 10-07-2022 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:15 AM   #8
MVP

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Great write up. Fortunately for me, the worst part of the game is the part of the game I've never gotten into. I'm strictly offline, so the microtransactions to play in the Rec, City, and MyCareer don't affect me. but, I've been there with other games. EA did this way back with fight Night Champion and their online gyms. You had to spend just to be able to have a chance at winning against dudes who paid to max out their boxer. So, I feel the pain for guys having to shell out so much money just to compete.

I pray they don't mess with the gameplay at all. If tuning interior defense means that it breaks other parts of the game then don't touch it. I'd rather use the global editor and try to edit to help with the problem rather than them tuning something and breaking the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »