Home

Next Gen suggestion for 2k24 for consideration

This is a discussion on Next Gen suggestion for 2k24 for consideration within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2023, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

OVR: 0
Next Gen suggestion for 2k24 for consideration

Okay, I offer this point merely as suggestion for 2k24 or later, but I hope the devs read this and consider this...

I know I'm late to the party with this too, but I was just blown away by a video featuring the WWE2k23 player creation suite. The level of detail and options is just beyond incredible!
My first thought and reason for this post was this:

2k makes WWE2k23 right? Granted it's a different department or development team or whatever, but WHY can they not implement this kind of feature in the NBA 2k series?? This creation suite is next gen worthy in my opinion and visually looks great! AND the WWE2k user community can bring their own creations into the game using the features of the suite too? Can you imagine being able to do our own edits to such a deep level on console to NBA players?

2k, has this been considered for the NBA 2k series? It seems like a no- brainer to me. Visually, the current create player feature, in my opinion, in NBA 2k is lacking and visually the game needs visual upgrades in a host of areas (lighting, sweat, better body models, cloth physics, etc.) I know there are a large majority of us in the family of long-time NBA 2k players who know and admit the game needs these updates across the board. However, we all know there is only so much that can be considered during each single development cycle for each new edition.

If the WWE2k23 team has this these beautiful options for their wrestling game, bring them over to NBA 2k too!

Last edited by TheDon7727; 05-10-2023 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2023, 03:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Next Gen suggestion for 2k24 for consideration

I gotta check this out but I would assume Adam Silver and the league has 2k under some restrictions that may be different from how WWE team is allowing 2k to do things.

I'm all for more updates though!
Old 05-13-2023, 06:43 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Remember, fair or not, eye candy = lag. Esp online. I think 2k looks Ok given how it is, but I do wish there were more options for clothes and fewer people with colored hair or gas masks etc, santa costume...

-Smak
Old 05-13-2023, 08:40 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Not critical of the idea, I agree. But This has been suggested years ago to use in nab2k

Maybe next next gen nba2k will make another step
Old 05-15-2023, 01:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for keeping this forum alive with your post, but no offense, what you are suggesting is everything I fear. I don't want any more cosmetics, I don't want any more tattoo upgrades, I don't want any more customization and etc. I want improved gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. An offensive/defensive menu coaching without any bug (ACE without bug), even more precise animations, redesigned gamepad controls (Why 2k we have to choose between "handoff pass" and "receiver GetOpen"?

more info : https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-getopen.html)

Brief.... NBA2k is like FIFA, they have no competitor and have been giving us cosmetics for 10 years....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2023, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoff
Thanks for keeping this forum alive with your post, but no offense, what you are suggesting is everything I fear. I don't want any more cosmetics, I don't want any more tattoo upgrades, I don't want any more customization and etc. I want improved gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. An offensive/defensive menu coaching without any bug (ACE without bug), even more precise animations, redesigned gamepad controls (Why 2k we have to choose between "handoff pass" and "receiver GetOpen"?

more info : https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-getopen.html)

Brief.... NBA2k is like FIFA, they have no competitor and have been giving us cosmetics for 10 years....

To be clear, I agree with you. I don’t want more cosmetics. I don’t want a beefed up create a player only. I want improved gameplay too. I don’t like that 2K seems to care more about the online community and the corny my player stories, than the core of the game- the actual NBA experience - these days. I think they’ve gotten completely away from what made them great in the first place. What I am saying is, I want the game to look next gen AND play next gen. I want the ability on Console to customize the look of the game the way it can be done on PC and the folks over at WWE 2K have given their community the tools to do this. All I’m saying is, we should have the same ability in NBA 2k. I’m talking about improved presentation, Stat overlays, arena lighting, jersey physics, paint contact. I’m talking about accurate player models, not just faces. I’m talking about every player having dynamic hair (hair being one at the start of the game and sweat changing it over the course of the game), emotions on faces in the paint, and accurate body builds. Look at Christian Wood, JaVale McGee, Maxi Kleber, Kevon Looney, Nikola Jokić, Luka … for example, not one of those guys has an accurate body type. And that’s not all. The game has looked basically the same in a lot of ways for years and years. In a lot of ways, the game still looks last gen. That’s a shame on next gen. However, again, I’m talking about continued improved animations too. I’m with you. I agree and want the same things you want. I want the game to keep improving overall, not just in one area. Especially if 70 dollars is the base price now.

Last edited by TheDon7727; 05-28-2023 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2023, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

TheDon7727's Arena

Look at this video at about the 1 to 2 minute mark. I know this video is old and it's been seen by lots of people, but when I imagine NEXT generation basketball, this is what I imagine. I don't know if this is possible in 2k, but seriously, I'd buy this every single year without question.

The flow, the graphics, this doesn't even have 2k's touch on it and in my opinion it already blows 2k23 out of the water. Can you imagine something like this with the detail of a 2k NBA game? It'd be drool worthy to say the least.

https://youtu.be/ihnZRpgK7_s

Last edited by TheDon7727; 05-21-2023 at 02:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »