Home

Suggestions for a new passing system

This is a discussion on Suggestions for a new passing system within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2023, 08:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Suggestions for a new passing system

We are seeing a playmaking clinic being put on by the nuggets this playoffs.

I think a good way to add variety, skill gap, and more fun in the game would be to really work on the passing system.

One suggestion would be to better execute the high pass or lob (non alley Oop) pass.

This would come into play in 5on5 as well as fast breaks.

You can throw it in over smaller players, and you can throw an outlet far ahead and have players chase it.

Currently, lob passes seem to target the middle hit box of a player.

This honestly makes it useless, it ends up being the same as a regular pass just released with a different animation. Why lob pass it if it’s going to be aimed at their chest or back, as opposed to overhead.

This being done effectively could add another layer to the game without having to change too much.

Any other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2023, 11:47 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Suggestions for a new passing system

Passing has always been tough to get right. I remember microsoft made a football game back in the early 2000's where it had a passing option where you could move the passing reticle where you specifically wanted the ball to go. It would be tough to do something like that in a hoop game though. With doing tasks like running plays, the game relies heavily on timing and player location for plays to register appropriately and a passing system like that might make things a little more difficult (atleast on the old gaming systems). I do despise the lob passes for the reason you mentioned--They seem to go towards the chest rather than high for people to catch above their heads. This leads to so many TOs for me when trying to play through the post....
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »