Home

Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series?

This is a discussion on Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2023, 03:52 AM   #121
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
We'll never know if Hakeem would take lessons from Giannis because he played 20 years before him. You can't present that at some sort of proof rhe 90s was stronger lol

In order to take lessons there has to be something that is worth learning.

Is there anything in Giannis game at the moment that would have been worth learning for Hakeem?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #122
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Its the NBA FINALS: '96 Bulls vs '17 Warriors - Who will win a 7-game series?

Everyone has their opinions, everyone got their biases...

We all love the game of ball, some people love different eras. Game has evolved in many ways.

If you feel it hasnt, thats okay as well. Internal validation is all you need, you dont need others to agree.

BACK TO THE GAMING THO.

Bulls v Warriors, Game 5 lets gooo.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:37 AM   #123
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1

We all love the game of ball, some people love different eras. Game has evolved in many ways.

If you feel it hasnt, thats okay as well. Internal validation is all you need, you dont need others to agree.

BACK TO THE GAMING THO.

Exactly. As I said before, it’s OKAY if people have a different opinion than you. No need to make it personal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2023, 01:49 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
In order to take lessons there has to be something that is worth learning.

Is there anything in Giannis game at the moment that would have been worth learning for Hakeem?
Ball Handle, Passing, Shot Creation, Rolling, Driving (Eurosteps, Floaters, etc), Contact Finishing, Man Defense / Switching

If none of those were important enough for Hakeem to learn (i.e. non-essential), maybe think about what that means...

Giannis through Age 28
2x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1x DPOY
7x All-NBA (5-2-0), 5x All-Defense (4-1), 7x All-Star
79 Playoff Games (1x Champion, 1x Conf Finals, 2x Second Round, 4x First Round): 8-6 Series Record

Hakeem through Age 28
0x MVP, 0x Finals MVP, 0x DPOY
6x All-NBA (3-2-1), 5x All-Defense (3-2), 6x All-Star
50 Playoff Games (1x Finals, 1x Second Round, 5x First Round): 4-7 Series Record

To suggest Hakeem couldn't learn something from a player who has accomplished more at a younger age is frankly, ignorant.

I know it's hard to imagine from everyone's keyboard but these guys are world-class athletes. Hakeem wasn't born Hakeem, he meticulously studied and worked and had his mentors, teachers, coaches, etc to reach that level. Speaking of which, Hakeem wasn't even a good passer until Rudy Tomjanovich joined the Rockets in 93 (Age 30). Unlocking that aspect of his game is what allowed him and the Rockets to hit greater heights.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 10-13-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2023, 04:07 PM   #125
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

“But the Warriors had Kevin Durant”.

He’s the wild card—really and virtually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2023, 06:27 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1

BACK TO THE GAMING THO.

On the gaming front, AIRJ23 did bring someone up that I think raises a potential future team OP could do something similar with -- The Webber/Bibby Kings.

That team with their Horns offense was almost something like an early protype for more modern offenses. Its tough to say a 60 win team would improve in today's league but I do think they'd be championship contenders. Webber and Vlade were versatile big men you could run an offense through, Peja is still one of the all time most deadly snipers, Bibby was great on the PnR, plus Christie was a elite perimeter defender. I think that team translates very well to today's game and would be interested in seeing some hypothetical matchups.
Old 10-13-2023, 07:00 PM   #127
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
On the gaming front, AIRJ23 did bring someone up that I think raises a potential future team OP could do something similar with -- The Webber/Bibby Kings.

That team with their Horns offense was almost something like an early protype for more modern offenses. Its tough to say a 60 win team would improve in today's league but I do think they'd be championship contenders. Webber and Vlade were versatile big men you could run an offense through, Peja is still one of the all time most deadly snipers, Bibby was great on the PnR, plus Christie was a elite perimeter defender. I think that team translates very well to today's game and would be interested in seeing some hypothetical matchups.
Good point. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and I disagreed with people (never insulted them or their beliefs though) who said the late 80s / early 90s Cavs could have been this or that but the Bulls were in their way. I get the premise, but I disagreed. However, I do think that Kings team you referenced had more upside than what people applied to the Cavs.

'96 Bulls vs '16 Warriors is a debate, and bulls96 has those Bulls against the '17 Warriors. So in response to your last sentence, I wouldn't mind seeing the '92 Trailblazers vs those Kings (2 teams that had talent but sometimes flatlined at the worst times), or the '16 Warriors against that Kings team (2 teams that had beautiful passing games to watch). The latter might be difficult to replicate in an NBA 2K game, but those are my hypothetical matchups for Webber's Kings.
Old 10-13-2023, 07:16 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Good point. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and I disagreed with people (never insulted them or their beliefs though) who said the late 80s / early 90s Cavs could have been this or that but the Bulls were in their way. I get the premise, but I disagreed. However, I do think that Kings team you referenced had more upside than what people applied to the Cavs.

'96 Bulls vs '16 Warriors is a debate, and bulls96 has those Bulls against the '17 Warriors. So in response to your last sentence, I wouldn't mind seeing the '92 Trailblazers vs those Kings (2 teams that had talent but sometimes flatlined at the worst times), or the '16 Warriors against that Kings team (2 teams that had beautiful passing games to watch). The latter might be difficult to replicate in an NBA 2K game, but those are my hypothetical matchups for Webber's Kings.
Could make for a nice sequel series -- match up the best teams that never won a championship

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »