Home

Why doesn't NBA 2K push or promote the WNBA playoffs?

This is a discussion on Why doesn't NBA 2K push or promote the WNBA playoffs? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2023, 09:05 PM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Why doesn't NBA 2K push or promote the WNBA playoffs?

I know Chase brought this up in another thread (A few years ago). But make it make sense to me. I feel like we're doing a disservice to the women's game. We can't even play online.

Like this would be prime time to promote the WNBA. They're in the playoffs. A simple PNO for WNBA can't be that hard. I know my team is the money maker. They surely could dust off the old PNO and stick all WNBA teams in it.

Also...
Spoiler

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-29-2023 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2023, 09:13 PM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why doesn't NBA 2K push or promote the WNBA playoffs?

On that note, why not just integrate WNBA players into MyTeam, so they can be used interchangeably with NBA players? In a mode with Galaxy Quasar Zaza Pachulia raining logo 3s I don’t think concerns about realism should prevent the ladies from playing alongside the men.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:55 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
On that note, why not just integrate WNBA players into MyTeam, so they can be used interchangeably with NBA players? In a mode with Galaxy Quasar Zaza Pachulia raining logo 3s I don’t think concerns about realism should prevent the ladies from playing alongside the men.
EXACTLY!!!

Anything at this point. I don't play my team like that. But what you said is exactly what I'm talking about. Why are they not in that part of the game? The mode is full arcady stuff. Just add the players there too.

During the summer they should be promoting that part of the game. When the cycle restarts. They should be promoting WNBA playoffs right into NBA training camp.

Wait they have women in my player right? Like rec and all the online my player stuff?
Old 09-29-2023, 11:53 PM   #4
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

I’m assuming because there is no return. The WNBA isn’t profitable and throwing money at something that is only able to exist off the money the NBA brings in won’t net positive results. The NBA loses money every year with the WNBA.
Old 09-30-2023, 06:59 AM   #5
Rookie

We already know at this point they really don't care much about treating the W players on equal footing with NBA players, you'd think there'd be better rating adjustments for them since their season is before the NBA season.

It'd make perfect sense to better integrate the WNBA season via ads like they do everything else in this game. Like someone else said, why not add them to myteam. There are small ways to subliminally change the way dorks and losers talk about and view womens ball that haven't been done, and it's confusing as to why not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2023, 07:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

I think a women's college basketball game would be more profitable for 2k. women's college basketball is more popular than the WNBA.

IMO,WNBA season is played during the wrong time of the year.

with that said I agree with the person saying that 2k should include the women players in the different modes of 2k.
Old 09-30-2023, 09:37 AM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
I’m assuming because there is no return. The WNBA isn’t profitable and throwing money at something that is only able to exist off the money the NBA brings in won’t net positive results. The NBA loses money every year with the WNBA.
What do you mean about money? They spent money on making that part of the game. At the very tiny least is the women should be in my team. W player should be every where in this game. You don't want to develop a PNO portal. I get it. But at the very tiny least is they should be available for my team. **** I'll do rating changes for the women game for free. Pass that NDA please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I think a women's college basketball game would be more profitable for 2k. women's college basketball is more popular than the WNBA.

IMO,WNBA season is played during the wrong time of the year.

with that said I agree with the person saying that 2k should include the women players in the different modes of 2k.
I was thinking about this the other day. They have games on Sundays at this time of the year. On a Sunday. But if you think about it. When could they play? Definitely not during the NBA season. It's definitely not happening on a Saturday during this time of the year. I don't think there is a great answer here.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:26 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Probably because your average person couldn't name 3 current WNBA players. They do promote it some what on their Twitter account with retweets.

WNBA average viewers - 379,000 people.

NBA average viewers - 1.59 million people.

Women NCAA season viewers - 199,999 people.

Men NCAA season viewers - 1.3 million people.

Women NCAA tourney - 1.2 million people once the sweet 16 started. Before that it was 450K. So clearly they were watching for that lady from Iowa.

Men NCAA tourney - 9.55 million people

And I am pretty sure 2K has some internal data showing how many customers play WNBA and for how long. If the numbers aren't there, they will not spend the resources on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »