Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-21-2024, 09:47 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

CPU Needs to sub better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2024, 03:47 AM   #122
Pro

A big clean up of dribbling animations. They've just gotten worse and worse as 2k24 has progressed, to the point where I'm surprised if I see a dribble play out where the ball doesn't stick in the players hand, ghost dribble or pass through someone's body.
Old 05-22-2024, 10:52 AM   #123
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
A big clean up of dribbling animations. They've just gotten worse and worse as 2k24 has progressed, to the point where I'm surprised if I see a dribble play out where the ball doesn't stick in the players hand, ghost dribble or pass through someone's body.
I feel like dribble physics aren't nearly as easy to create as people think.
Old 05-22-2024, 10:59 AM   #124
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
It would be an improvement simply to get it back to where it was pre-2K24.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:10 PM   #125
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
I mean it is a wish-list thread.

I get that the fact 2k uses canned animations and there isn't a proper collision detection system means we'll always get players passing through others etc, but the dribbling animations were fine on 23. I'm hoping it's just a pro play teething problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2024, 11:20 PM   #126
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
It would be an improvement simply to get it back to where it was pre-2K24.
Nah dribbling is way better this year. Dribbling is easy for people who know how to dribble. Most don't.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:32 AM   #127
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ232323
Nah dribbling is way better this year. Dribbling is easy for people who know how to dribble. Most don't.
Visually (which is what the above user was referring to) it’s the ugliest / glitchiest I’ve ever seen it.
Old 05-23-2024, 02:50 PM   #128
Rookie

I have a running list of things that I would love to see changed but these are only my top choices:

GAMEPLAY
-Stamina should have a bigger impact to the player
Once you have the gatorade indicator under you, your shooting numbers should fall off the cliff (unless you have a badge to reduce the impact of low energy). Low energy should lead to slow closeouts, not giving multiple efforts on defense, not running plays correctly, getting beat off the dribble, etc. Badges shouldn't prevent these for happening, only for shooting. 2K25 also shouldn't be afraid to allow stamina to go to 0, where the player doesn't get back on defense, stops going for rebounds, can't dribble without it getting stolen, etc.
-Adding a new green-yellow-red-flashing "Pressured" indicator under the player.
This would be the natural evolution of having the defensive indicator that shows what side the defensive is playing you. For example: defender is playing gap on the ball handler, indicator is green. This means you can dribble, pass, shoot, and move freely without the need of badges. Moderate makes it yellow, which means you should maybe move to protect the ball. Red means protect or escape and opens up contested animations for slower passes and other things. Flashing means the ball is about to get stolen or you may drop you dribble and you should pick it up or escape. How pressured you are depends on the defender's badges (a new "Pressure Cooker"), wingspan, defensive IQ, and strength (bumping). "Physical Handles" or a new "Calm Under Pressure" works to counter similar to how "Ankle Braces" counters "Ankle Breaker". This also makes trapping in the post or off a pick and roll be more viable. These action would immediately turn the indicator red and flashing, or just red if you have the right badges+height+vision+IQ (think trapping Luka vs trapping Steph).
-Adding a new "Pass Vision" indicator option.
A new toggle setting in the gameplay menu. Simply highlights players depending on pass vision rating, showing who the ball handler can see and pass to without needing to pick up their dribble and pivot. Green means the player can see and that there's a pass window. Red means you can see them but it may result in a turnover. Example: Patrick Beverly has the ball on the wing, near the scorers table. Defense on his hip, only the players in the corner and post are highlighted green. The other 2 on the weak side of the court are not highlighted. If you were to pass to them without turning around first, he would pick the ball up, turn, and throw a telegraphed pass. Passing to the corner would be a simple one handed pass without much effort. Now put Lebron in that same situation and every teammate is highlighted because he can get any of those passes off because he sees everyone. Overall, this setting can help new players and also help veteran players better understand passing angles and when something will get picked out. Works well with the "Pressure" system.
MyNBA/PLAYOFFS
-Bring back the ability to use custom rosters when creating your own playoff bracket. Also bring back to ability to use custom rosters to practice with. Hate not being able to practice with a player if they're listed as injured in the current roster.

COSMETIC
-Allow custom shoes to be used on shared rosters.
If I create a shoe and equip it to a player, then my friend downloads that roster, the shoes don't appear. Please change that.
-Or, even better, add more colorways to shoes whenever the player debuts them.
So many new shoes get added but only 1 colorway is available. Lebron wore a lot of different colors for his 20s and 21s but only 3 total are avaible to equip. Please add more...
That's all I have for now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »