Home

What happened to this game? They ruined it

This is a discussion on What happened to this game? They ruined it within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-23-2023, 11:11 AM   #9
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What happened to this game? They ruined it

So where's Da_Czar now? Or any developer that frequently visits this site, I guess offline/non online players suppose to shut up and take it...

And next year we better buy there product again or else....

So I got a question...

How can I revert the game to original before all these updates ? It's a digital copy?

Something tells me I can't if it's digital and I would have to re purchase a actual box copy?
Old 10-23-2023, 11:23 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

does anybody experience delay offline game or is just me? thank you
Old 10-23-2023, 11:51 AM   #11
b1g
Rookie

b1g's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
So where's Da_Czar now? Or any developer that frequently visits this site, I guess offline/non online players suppose to shut up and take it...

So I got a question...

How can I revert the game to original before all these updates ? It's a digital copy?

Something tells me I can't if it's digital and I would have to re purchase a actual box copy?
One reason I'll never go all digital. Still on season 2 I believe, after they fixed the missing created shoes. Games playing damn near perfect on default hof. I wish they would let us decide which update we want to install because they change so much and/or break something. It really should be illegal. Glad I don't invest or have interest in none of the online cheesy cash grab crap. Disc to the death!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2023, 02:32 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The patch quite literally made it easier to hit contested shots by taking away the speed up variable. Standstill jumpers werenít changed.

Would think most offline users would see this as a plus with the inability to shoot contested shots and close out speeds being two chief complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2023, 07:50 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning

So I got a question...

And do you think that attitude would encourage him to post here right now?
This is basically a fan site and developers are under no obligation to be active in this community
Old 10-23-2023, 09:07 PM   #14
MVP

I swear Iíve never experienced a bliss like I currently am by skipping a new 2K game. I always get the new game and spend countless hours and brainpower adjusting sliders after these patches or ghost patches. Dealing with new bugs etc. Itís always insanely stressful having to find a balance like how the game played at launch.

Iím on 2K23 and every time I boot it up the gameplay is consistent. Slider tweaks work as they should since no core changes are being made behind the scenes.

My courts are glossy and reflective and not like PS2 lighting. Players look sharp and not like clay. Players in the editor screen look like new gen graphics and not PS3 style lighting. I assume Iím using 30 gigs of less space.

If ignorance is bliss then ignoring a new 2K is bliss. Every year they adjust gameplay sooner and sooner. Every time a new 2K launches we say itís the best playing ever. Then usually a couple weeks to a month later we say itís ruined.

This year I swear I saw yíall saying this is the best playing 2K ever for literally a DAY before the patches started annoying everyone. Itís getting ridiculous.

I just wanna play ball and not chase under the hood changes. Only way to do that is with an old 2K.

Now when I read through Reddit or YouTube consensus starts to look like this is becoming the ďworstĒ or most annoying 2K to play. And Iíve never seen a game unanimously considering to be a considerable graphical downgrade. From here to Reddit to YouTube, the graphics are joked about. Court editor it still screwed up, etc.

Proplay seems good, but still in teething stages and not good enough to compensate for the other issues from what I gather. And Iíve never seen a 2K go on sale or be free to play so soon. Every time I boot up 23 theyíre bombarding me with discounts or free promos to get 24.

Itís wild.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:21 PM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I swear Iíve never experienced a bliss like I currently am by skipping a new 2K game. I always get the new game and spend countless hours and brainpower adjusting sliders after these patches or ghost patches. Dealing with new bugs etc. Itís always insanely stressful having to find a balance like how the game played at launch.

Iím on 2K23 and every time I boot it up the gameplay is consistent. Slider tweaks work as they should since no core changes are being made behind the scenes.

My courts are glossy and reflective and not like PS2 lighting. Players look sharp and not like clay. Players in the editor screen look like new gen graphics and not PS3 style lighting. I assume Iím using 30 gigs of less space.

If ignorance is bliss then ignoring a new 2K is bliss. Every year they adjust gameplay sooner and sooner. Every time a new 2K launches we say itís the best playing ever. Then usually a couple weeks to a month later we say itís ruined.

This year I swear I saw yíall saying this is the best playing 2K ever for literally a DAY before the patches started annoying everyone. Itís getting ridiculous.

I just wanna play ball and not chase under the hood changes. Only way to do that is with an old 2K.

Now when I read through Reddit or YouTube consensus starts to look like this is becoming the ďworstĒ or most annoying 2K to play. And Iíve never seen a game unanimously considering to be a considerable graphical downgrade. From here to Reddit to YouTube, the graphics are joked about. Court editor it still screwed up, etc.

Proplay seems good, but still in teething stages and not good enough to compensate for the other issues from what I gather. And Iíve never seen a 2K go on sale or be free to play so soon. Every time I boot up 23 theyíre bombarding me with discounts or free promos to get 24.

Itís wild.

We understand you didnít purchase the game this year. We got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2023, 10:46 PM   #16
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

My problem with this game has been fixed. Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »