Home

Cooling console down when playing 2K

This is a discussion on Cooling console down when playing 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-24-2023, 09:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Cooling console down when playing 2K

Over the years I’ve noticed 2K makes my console (Series X) run pretty hot and after a while it seems performance starts to decline (FPS) does anyone else notice this and/or do you use any cooling devices to keep your console running at a more optimal level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 02:22 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Cooling console down when playing 2K

If your console was running too hot the system would shut itself down to prevent damage. If you’re having performance issues try clearing the cache.
Old 10-25-2023, 04:47 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
If your console was running too hot the system would shut itself down to prevent damage. If you’re having performance issues try clearing the cache.

Ya I don’t think it’s running dangerously hot or anything but it does seem after a couple hours the framerate starts having “slow down” for lack of a better word
Old 10-25-2023, 05:12 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Ya I don’t think it’s running dangerously hot or anything but it does seem after a couple hours the framerate starts having “slow down” for lack of a better word
That would be thermal throttling and would definitely come from it being too hot... I would open it up and give it a good cleaning, your fans are probably blocked and trapping all that hot air inside

To answer the thread, my friend's PS5 was shutting down after playing 2K for about 30 minutes. He brought it to me to clean and I could've insulated my house with all the dust that was in it. Worked like a dream after.

So yeah, give your vents a good clean
Old 10-25-2023, 10:04 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Didn’t you say you had the same problem with 2K23 when the subject of why they removed gloss from courts came up? Might be a defected console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2023, 11:49 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Didn’t you say you had the same problem with 2K23 when the subject of why they removed gloss from courts came up? Might be a defected console.
Only happens when playing 2K and it’s intermittent, didn’t notice it with this years game untill recently for some reason, playing today it was horrible when playing in Orlando so not sure if it’s a court thing at certain arenas, very annoying
Old 10-26-2023, 07:35 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
That would be thermal throttling and would definitely come from it being too hot... I would open it up and give it a good cleaning, your fans are probably blocked and trapping all that hot air inside

To answer the thread, my friend's PS5 was shutting down after playing 2K for about 30 minutes. He brought it to me to clean and I could've insulated my house with all the dust that was in it. Worked like a dream after.

So yeah, give your vents a good clean

Took it apart and cleaned it today, wasn’t horrible but did have some dust collected in areas, also bought the G-story cooling fan, so we will see what happens

Last edited by strosdood; 10-26-2023 at 07:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »