Home

NBA 2K14: No Multi-Team Control in MyGM, Some Features Not Moving Over

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: No Multi-Team Control in MyGM, Some Features Not Moving Over within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #217
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14: No Multi-Team Control in MyGM, Some Features Not Moving Over

What does it means:

"P.S. For those who aren't into the concept of interacting with staff, players, etc., a Season mode (with variable season lengths) IS available so you can just focus on playing games and moving players around where you see fit."

Varialble season lenghts: you can chose how many games or how many seasons ?

In MyGM can you choose the number of season's games ?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #218
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Unless I've missed it there still hasn't been an answer to "can we play any game from any team's schedule in MyGM or Season mode?"

Relying on you guys informing us Europeans about this once the game/systems release.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #219
Just started!

PEANUTBUTTA87's Arena

OVR: 0

I felt this way at first too, but i'm glad they still allow us to edit draft classes. but we can only edit other players "outside of My GM, because Eric Boenisch wants us to had a "controlled" experience with his new My GM mode. I get that they want users to really play this mode, however, they are forcing us to play it by taking away FULL FREEDOM to edit player tendencies and ratings "IN' My GM. Why do that? I like to play up to almost 25 years into Association(Now My GM) mode. PLUS, after 4 or 5 seasons in My GM, current NBA stars like Lebron and Wade and many other great players on the game get old and retire. I want to be able to create future stars and superstars in draft classes, and edit them AFTER THE DRAFT when they sign with a team so that the competition level still keeps me intrigued and there is always great future role players, stars, and superstars to compete against. Lets say I create three 20 year old, 73 rated prospects to have a potential of 84. But since we cant edit their attributes and tendencies AFTER the draft is over, what if their shot tendency is 30 and foul tendency is 80? What if I forget to edit those tendencies BEFORE they get drafted? Sure, they will develop but it wont show in their play(when I compete against the draft class players I edited before the draft) and it won't show in their numbers in the league(stats). Taking away the ability to edit ALL players on other teams "IN" MyGM mode was a mistake by Eric Boenisch. I don't necessarily NEED 30 team control. In the current Gen 2k14, 13, you could go to the trade screen and still conduct trades for other teams WITHOUT actually controlling those franchises, however, I still want the option to control ALL 30 teams. Gamers need freedom.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #220
Just started!

PEANUTBUTTA87's Arena

Angry Re: NBA 2K14: No Multi-Team Control in MyGM, Some Features Not Moving Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
To me, being able to control other teams would let me do realistic nba transactions during the season and adjust rotations for each team (because cpu adjusted rotation have always been bad and merely rating based). it's a part of freedom that is taken away, i'll be waiting for 2k15
I felt this way at first too, but i'm glad they still allow us to edit draft classes. but we can only edit other players "outside" of My GM, because Eric Boenisch wants us to have a "controlled experience" with his new My GM mode. I get that they want users to really play this mode, however, they are forcing us to play it by taking away FULL FREEDOM to edit player tendencies and ratings "IN' My GM. Why do that? I like to play up to almost 25 years into Association(Now My GM) mode. PLUS, after 4 or 5 seasons in My GM, current NBA stars like Lebron and Wade and many other great players on the game get old and retire. I want to be able to create future stars and superstars in draft classes, and edit them AFTER THE DRAFT when they sign with a team so that the competition level still keeps me intrigued and there is always great future role players, stars, and superstars to compete against. Lets say I create three 20 year old, 73 rated prospects to have a potential of 84. But since we cant edit their attributes and tendencies AFTER the draft is over, what if their shot tendency is 30 and foul tendency is 80? What if I forget to edit those tendencies BEFORE they get drafted? Sure, they will develop but it wont show in their play(when I compete against the draft class players I edited before the draft) and it won't show in their numbers in the league(stats). Taking away the ability to edit ALL players on other teams "IN" MyGM mode was a mistake by Eric Boenisch. I don't necessarily NEED 30 team control. In the current Gen 2k14, 13, you could go to the trade screen and still conduct trades for other teams WITHOUT actually controlling those franchises, however, I still want the option to control ALL 30 teams. Gamers need freedom.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #221
Rookie

OVR: 4
DEAL BREAKER !!!!!! Just ridiculous there is no 30 team total control for the many fans who love this feature..... I will not buy next year unless it is put back in and is a functional separate entity from online. OFFLINE SEASON OR ASSOCIATION MODE!!!! TOTAL 30 TEAM CONTROL of lineups, etc....and CPU vs CPU in that OFFLINE SEASON MODE!!!!!!! IF NBA 2k14 for PS3 and 360 have it...no reason next gen can not for it's built in fanbase !!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #222
MVP

why the heck did you dig up an old topic to rant about something we all know?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »