Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #73
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm plenty upset. Did u read my article?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yes I did. I agreed with everything you said about multi team association. How much stuff did they remove in total?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just hope they have the same association settings in myGM like force trade, cpu trades on/off, etc

would really like a commissioner setting allowing or rejecting trades being conducted between the computer.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 14

There is one thing that will prevent me from buying this year. Me and my friends get together sometimes and play offline co-op association. It's more challenging then you would think. If they remove the ability to play co-op in offline MyGm its defiantly isn't a buy for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
To me the cpu can improve only so much. Will the CPU acknowledge how teams set rotations in real life? I hated seeing Manu on the court as a starter when he is a 6th man.

What is going to happen for free agency or for the draft? Will proper draft picks be with the proper teams? Will a team trade there star SF for 3 PG's?

All of these things are what is concerning me. The little details that make this franchise so great. Being able to experience the game you want it. Not having to be forced. Association had it's flaws but atleast I could control my league.
Right... for its how they drastically improve their gameplays from CG to NG... NBA 2K14 CG is not bad, but it has same issues that they had in their previous games (like you said)....

I hope 2K really focus on that angle after they decide to take out some features that player loved about... with that they can still get their target sales....
Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #77
Rookie

the question here is because im a big OA player, did they fix all the glitches! i can care less about the other crap, i do play myplayer, and which why i bought this game was for those 2 things, but right now in current gen OA is so glitched you cant even play yr 2 because of it!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #78
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Yea im in the same boat as you, I've already fully invested in my Ps4 and 2k14, and I really havent enjoyed the current gen version so I was depending on next gen for my basketball needs, but I have gone from totally excited to I need questions answered before I buy this game, which sucks.
Yeah you and me both. This news killed my buzz a little bit for the game. I was so excited for Association. Even if it was just a port over mode.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #79
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWater1417
Right... for its how they drastically improve their gameplays from CG to NG... NBA 2K14 CG is not bad, but it has same issues that they had in their previous games (like you said)....

I hope 2K really focus on that angle after they decide to take out some features that player loved about... with that they can still get their target sales....
I'm a control freak and I can never decide on just controlling one team. I love making realistic trades to help out other teams or simply replicate what I see in real life.

By no means (as I've stated before) that this is a game breaking change (plus I literally have no choice as I've invested in this game thinking it would atleast have Association with a 30 team control option). If this GM Mode is expanded next year to a 30 team control option then all is good. As well as bringing back all the other things that didn't make it over to Next Gen.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #80
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Yeah you and me both. This news killed my buzz a little bit for the game. I was so excited for Association. Even if it was just a port over mode.
I think all of us who LOVE to play Association was excited for Association in next gen before this news broke out. And I'm a control freak. I LOVE to control my own team. Run a full scrimmages in practice with my team. Not role play as a GM. Real bummer.

Last edited by midwestking100; 10-24-2013 at 12:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »