Home

NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k14 Video: Knicks vs Nets (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It may just be me, but I think a lot of it is the illusion from the jerseys being closer to the actual bodies now.
The chests in 2k have always been this flat, we're noticing it now because the jersey isn't floating almost 6 inches from the body anymore. The floating jerseys gave an illusion that people were bigger than they really were. Add the broad shoulders 2k gave everyone and the entire league looked like LeBron. Now that shoulders are narrower and jerseys are tighter, things look off proportioned body type wise. (Though arms could be slightly bigger)
I don't think that's it. The proportions just look off especially when you've been staring at NBA players every night. It's really the arms though, and not so much the chest.

Could it be that some of their heads are too big in relation?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #74
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
lol i think is head looks like this because his body size is off..i feel like most of their player modals seem that way..i thought it was just me but i'm glad other ppl is spotting that out as well
KG doesn't look bad

Would you guys prefer everybody is huge and looking like they're on steroids?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #75
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It used to be that Durant had everyone else's body.

To make up for all those years, they gave everyone Durant's body.

They really need to beef most of the bigs up a little around the arms. Even Lebron. It can't be that hard, can it?

Overall much better than Cur-Gen. Even the freethrow fist bumps look so much more lifelike.

Guys who need SLIGHT beefing up:

Tyson Chandler
Lebron James

David Lee
Andre Iguodala
Kevin Garnett

It's probably an all around problem with bigs/muscular forwards.
What is wrong especially with Lebron? he looks perfectly fine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #76
MVP

Gotta say it's pretty sweet that everyone looks like themselves though-- at least all the stars, except I don't think Carmelo looks very good, and Curry wasn't great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
What is wrong especially with Lebron? he looks perfectly fine
He looks decent but his arms and especially shoulders are somewhat bigger in real life. Same with Dwight. But both of them are jacked so when they look smaller in 2K they still look good.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #77
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I don't think that's it. The proportions just look off especially when you've been staring at NBA players every night. It's really the arms though, and not so much the chest.

Could it be that some of their heads are too big in relation?
Nah, the heads are ok, it's the arms that aren't in relation to the body making things seem weird. Apparently it must be the "normal" body type that's the problem since that is the most common among players. Looking at LeBron, I know he has a different more muscular body type so I'm guessing it's like it was before except the normal is too skinny. Maybe the update Beluba was referring to fixes all the normal subtypes as well(normal, muscle, ripped)
Old 11-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #78
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Gotta say it's pretty sweet that everyone looks like themselves though-- at least all the stars, except I don't think Carmelo looks very good, and Curry wasn't great.

He looks decent but his arms and especially shoulders are somewhat bigger in real life. Same with Dwight. But both of them are jacked so when they look smaller in 2K they still look good.
Im sorry but thats just nitpicking he looks good
Old 11-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Im sorry but thats just nitpicking he looks good
I never said he looked bad. He looks great. I'm saying how he could be improved even further-- especially for being the cover athlete.

If every valid critique got dismissed as "nitpicking" just because others don't see it or care, the game would never be or look as good as it does today. It's because the devs are nitpickers that they care about realistic lighting and measuring light levels and the manufacturers of LEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Nah, the heads are ok, it's the arms that aren't in relation to the body making things seem weird. Apparently it must be the "normal" body type that's the problem since that is the most common among players. Looking at LeBron, I know he has a different more muscular body type so I'm guessing it's like it was before except the normal is too skinny. Maybe the update Beluba was referring to fixes all the normal subtypes as well(normal, muscle, ripped)
Chandler's head looks really big too.

We don't seem to have any ripped body types anymore. Guys like Iggy are quite a bit more defined. They used to have *really* ripped models in 2K11. Everyone seems to kind of have the same definition.

I think it's hilarious that Lopez had possibly the worst animation I've seen in NG 2K14 after his foul. It's comical-- then it's immediately followed by a super-lifelike fistbump from Paul Pierce. That looked GREAT.

Last edited by Sundown; 11-10-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #80
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
I never said he looked bad. He looks great. I'm saying how he could be improved even further-- especially for being the cover athlete.

If every valid critique got dismissed as "nitpicking" just because others don't see it or care, the game would never be or look as good as it does today. It's because the devs are nitpickers that they care about realistic lighting and measuring light levels and the manufacturers of LEDs.
I understand that but compared to some other players arm's Lebron looks great
not too many complaints about him i rather have them take looks at bigs like Pau Gasol , D12 ect

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »