Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #801
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
If you go with the big time agent, you get an Adidas shoe deal maybe 1-2 games after you switch agents (sometimes it happens as soon as you switch) with an option to switch to Nike or Jordan in year 2. I think you also get better endorsements and sh*t that net you more VC but since MyPlayer is pretty good already (87 OVR), I really don't need the extra VC.

If you stay with your homeboy, you get the Nike or Jordan deal in year one some time around the end of the season. Either a couple games before the playoffs or during the first round.

Source: My unemployed brother who uses my ps4 while I'm at work.
So do you know when in your second year you get the nike or jordan option ? Like how many games in do you have to go until that happens? & does anybody know what you can do to get the star next to your name instead of the 3 or dunk symbol does the star come in the second year too or it's home much you out up you attributes? 2 questions in one post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #802
Just started!

OVR: 0

anyone receive the 16 digi code for the Lebron sneaker? if anyone has it and does not want it I will buy it off them. message me
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #803
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukmunky
Has anyone else gotten the challenge for "Feed the ball to (player)" on their team? On the bulls, DRose had a cutscene with me where he says we could be a duo like Stockton and Malone etc etc. and then in the next game a challenge pops up: "Get the ball to X"

I cannot, for the life of me, complete it. I keep feeding him assists and the progress meter seems to go back to the middle every other possession.

Also the challenge text is glitched and says "Feed the ball to 0Player First,Last)" or something
Wait a minute, how in the BLUE SKY did you get on THE BULLS?!?!?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #804
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Fellas, I can confirm that the patch DOES NOT fix the MYCAREER glitch with getting stuck at the practice court with Real FG% enabled. Do yourselves a favor and either play with User Timing in MYCAREER or decline the offer to practice jumpshots. It will RUIN your MYCAREER and make it unplayable.

I have no faith that 2K will or even knows how to fix this glitch. So all of my time and VC invested into that mode is shot and I'm sick. The PARK looks hilarious. All of the courts may work but every court is a slide show with all kinds of funky stuff happening. This is with a wired 10g/1g connection.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 12-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #805
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by biv2338
anyone receive the 16 digi code for the Lebron sneaker? if anyone has it and does not want it I will buy it off them. message me
Lol I am trying HARD to get this code, and if I do, those 11s shall be COPPED!

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #806
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkid11
So do you know when in your second year you get the nike or jordan option ? Like how many games in do you have to go until that happens? & does anybody know what you can do to get the star next to your name instead of the 3 or dunk symbol does the star come in the second year too or it's home much you out up you attributes? 2 questions in one post
It happens some time in the 1st half of your 2nd season. Your big time agent will ask you if want to leave Adidas for Nike or Jordan.

To get the star symbol, you have to be a star in the league. A star in the league is when you are 85 OVR or higher. Not sure exactly if it's 85, I remember being an 85 and the star symbol on my player did not show up until I was 87 OVR but close enough.

Last edited by patchwork; 12-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #807
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
Am I the only one who burst into laughter at that source statement? Maybe it's because I use to have an unemployed brother living with me who use to play my xbox all day.

But crap, I have to wait until the end of the season with these scrubby 2k generic shoes? Not gonna lie when I say that is highly annoying...
Bro, make your own! That's what I did. I went into the Shoe Editor, made my own 2k brand sneaker. I spent a lot of time actually fiddling with it because I wanted it to look good and now MyPlayer's shoes looks a lot like a low cut version of the Jordan 9. Then it appears in the Champs store and you can buy it for free. It says it cost 1k of VC but it does not charge you. Now I play with some custom 2k shoes that look really good and it tides me over for when I do get the shoe deal with Nike/Jordan. Not sure which brand I'm going to go with. Decisions, decisions.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #808
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
It happens some time in the 1st half of your 2nd season. Your big time agent will ask you if want to leave Adidas for Nike or Jordan.

To get the star symbol, you have to be a star in the league. A star in the league is when you are 85 OVR or higher. Not sure exactly if it's 85, I remember being an 85 and the star symbol on my player did not show up until I was 87 OVR but close enough.
Patchwork your a cool dude man you answer the questions that I had & corect too can't wait to sign with nike cause of you I'm tryna finish the playoffs quickly just to get hat deal. & I'm at 86 now so I'm right there by 87. But thanks again patchwork. Do you know if when your contract is up with he team who drafted you & you ready to sign with a new team do you get the option to be the star of certain select teams & there go to guy or you don't know that far into it yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »