Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #913
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
There is barely anybody complaining about my career errors anywhere online..since the patch
oh, guess i just imagined everyone in this thread; http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ssions-28.html
Old 12-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #914
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Hey everybody. I joined for this thread. Read the whole damn thing. 6'5" scoring SG. Cheated a bit at the beginning and boosted my guy to a 75 before the showcase. Did decent enough (I've never really gotten a good handle on the controls). Outplayed Ellis at least. Got interviewed by the Jazz and some other crap team. Tanked them both. Got drafted like 13th by the Blazers (or wherever they picked) right after Ellis. From what I've read that's scripted too. I haven't seen where anybody got picked before him or went #1 overall.

I've had a pretty typical experience from reading this thread. Didn't play the first few games till an injury. Languished as the 6th man forever even though I was kicking ***. The script can be a little annoying but overall I'm enjoying the story and situations it puts you in. One interesting thing is I got the "Feed Aldridge the ball" and the "score the winning basket" in the same game. I'm pretty sure I passed the first one, but then I missed a contested jumper at the FT line to win it. After the game in the locker room Aldridge is all pissy because I didn't give him the rock in the clutch. Whatever he tore his ACL and I asked for a trade to the Bulls (and only them. They had the highest interest + they're my favorite team). Got traded to the Nuggets, which is ok they're my 2nd favorite team. I'll just play out my contract with Nate the Great. Unfortunately my game file hasn't loaded since then. Bummer. If I have to start over after the patch I'm going to bitch to 2k about getting my purchased VC credited or something, cuz that's bull****.

I'm a little curious about the guys who can't dunk. It almost seems like you must be doing something wrong. My guy started out at like 40 dunk. I got it up to 70 and he'd dunk on fast breaks (little baby dunks) and maybe if he got by his man with a clear lane to the rim. I've slowly got it up to an 80 now and he's dunking much more in traffic and even occasionally over people, and that's with just the Finisher 1 badge. I had one sweet one on a fast break with one defender to beat and I PERFECTLY timed a spin move right around him at the top of the lane and flushed it with two hands. Those are the ones that make you smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeph820
Has anyone been able to play in the dunk contest or the all star game?

I got selected to play in the rising all star game, dunk contest and the actual all star game, but I was only able to play the rising all star game.
Are you sure you were actually invited? The game will list all the activities but only the ones you're invited to will be white. The others are gray. At least that's the way it looked to me.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #915
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
oh, guess i just imagined everyone in this thread; http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ssions-28.html
Im freaking done

I earned 40k VC from MyGM and just made a center put all the VC in him and guess what? the error again! i want to throw this system out the window right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #916
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Next Gen growing pains man. The plight of the early adopter. I'm sure the XB1 will have it's share too. Super frustrating though.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #917
Rookie

Is anyone having a problem where your team does no substitutions after you get subbed in? Its really frustrating to say the least. Also, it was rare before the patch but now its every game.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #918
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Im freaking done

I earned 40k VC from MyGM and just made a center put all the VC in him and guess what? the error again! i want to throw this system out the window right now
took off all my gear and its loading for now..anyway
Old 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #919
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Such BS. I just finish this game against Toronto and then i got an error that closes the 2k14 application and now i have to do the game again. I have no problem of redoing the game but i'm afraid if the error thing would pop up again.
I just had the same issue, sorta. Was beginning the 4th quarter with a 9 point lead and some nice stats (inb4 he must be on pro difficulty!).

Game crashes right to home screen... how cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmain
How are x1 users doing? Are there many problems? I'm about 25 games in and havent had any problems. Am I safe to continue?
Not that many problems. Again, not to start a console war but there is far more problems on PS4 right now. I think 2k poorly coded the PS4 edition or something (which is shocking because that was their advertised edition).

The only issue I have experienced so far 60 games into my rookie season is that crash in the Raptors game at the start of the fourth. Nothing beyond that.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #920
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
I'm doing good just trying to finish up this season, can you key game it second season?
Yeah, you can sim to the next key game when you press continue.

PG - Kyrie Irving/John Wall/D. Lillard
SG - Kawhi Leonard/TBT Kevin Martin/D. Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Jimmy Butler
PF - Paul George/Lamarcus Aldridge/ROTY B.Griffin
C - Dwight Howard/Hassan Whiteside

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »