Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #945
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
According to LD2k, nothing is scripted in MyCareer, the game doesn't force you to have bad shooting nights, or miss 2 free throws, or force your team to be down by 30 when you enter the game. Atleast according to LD2k.

He said this during a live stream of Ronnie2K's MyCareer
Yeah, i heard about that. Not many people believe that, and i don't either. I mean how do you explain things like this: I ALWAYS play every quarter of every game, i'm a starter. Keep this in mind, they always put me in every quarter. Now i'm with the raptors and we're up by 20 at the half. They don't sub me in the rest of the game and put me in with 4 seconds left in the 4th, and low and behold we're down by 1 and a new dynamic goal pops up that says "win the game and prove you're clutch" or whatever.

I don't buy that at all. I've also heard of other people who checked the stats for their team after they were subbed out and suddenly subbed back in and down a lot, and people have reported things like box scores showing their team only scored 2 points in the third quarter or something crazy like that. It's definitely scripted. They made the same mistake EA made with fight night champions "champion mode" story mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #946
Rookie

Quote:
According to LD2k, nothing is scripted in MyCareer, the game doesn't force you to have bad shooting nights, or miss 2 free throws, or force your team to be down by 30 when you enter the game. Atleast according to LD2k.

I'm sorry, but that's a load of ****. Is LD2k a developer? If not, he needs to go talk to the development team because there's no way that those events are not scripted in.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #947
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:

Bull****!

He must really don't play this game. It's so obvious that the game is scripted. I get subbed in the game and the score is 30-5 and it's on me to win the whole game and when we lose it's my fault.
LA DODGERS
Old 12-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #948
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

So I finally won the All-Star Weekend 3-Point Shootout, but then immediately after the trophy celebration, it loads up my next regular season game against Brooklyn.

What happened to the Rising Stars game I was supposed to play in?

I had a press conference on the day of my invite, and I even had the cutscene with my agent about about how I needed to outscore Jackson Ellis in the Rising Stars game to earn an endorsement deal with Champs Sports.

But as soon as the 3-point Shootout ended, it loaded me right into a regular season matchup against Brooklyn.

And now I'm reading my social media timeline, and it's like the Rising Stars game never even took place. There's no mention of it or of Jackson Ellis, but I somehow got the Champs Sports deal anyway.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-05-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #949
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

I think I am done with this mode until 2k patches it and enables the team to call plays. It is terrible that this legacy issue that had to be patched in previous games is still there. Makes you wonder if they take time away from development to test the game. It sucks trying to freelance every time on offense. My player is a spot up shooting guard and without any action from screens I have trouble getting shots. Any type of play movement would help. Right now it seems that my teammates just stand around. Please fix this with this so called "big" 3rd patch.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #950
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was able to play the rising star game. After that, I proceed to the next game, and was shown the all star menu. I think it was attempting to load up the slam dunk contest. I thought there was a way to practice in normal mode outside of myCareer so I closed the application.

After launching myCareer again, it didn't load up the slam dunk contest and jumped straight to the all star game.

I think it goes like this. Play rising star challenge, then whatever comes in order, then the last game is the all star game.

My social feed didn't mention anything about the dunk contest either. =(
Old 12-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #951
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah here are the dates from my social media feed:

Feb. 7 -- Invited to Rising Stars game

Feb. 14 -- Risings Stars game (I didn't get the option to play it)

Feb. 15 -- Three-Point Shootout (I played and won)

Feb. 19 -- Awarded Champs Sports Endorsement

I went back and found the box score from the Risings Stars game, and it definitely happened. But somehow, I wasn't on the roster, despite being invited and having all the cutscenes leading up to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #952
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yeah here are the dates from my social media feed:

Feb. 7 -- Invited to Rising Stars game

Feb. 14 -- Risings Stars game (I didn't get the option to play it)

Feb. 15 -- Three-Point Shootout (I played and won)

Feb. 19 -- Awarded Champs Sports Endorsement

I went back and found the box score from the Risings Stars game, and it definitely happened. But somehow, I wasn't on the roster, despite being invited and having all the cutscenes leading up to it.
Did you at least get the Rising Stars milestone achievement?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »