Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #1009
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I don't usually call a "foul," but what just happened to me made me want to throw the controller through my television set.

I just played the game where you meet with Ellis before a game in which you bet that you will score more points than him. The loser has to post all over social media that the other player is the best scorer in the league. Well...

First of all, my player is a 92 overall. All of his offensive stats are maxed out as well as most of his defensive stats (I bought VC on PSN). Over the past 10 games I'd say it is safe to say that I'm averaging (off the bench) about 30 points per game. I'm EASILY hitting 45% of my shots and its not uncommon for me to be around 60-65%.

Well, needless to say I could not BUY A SHOT in this game. AT ALL. It was so ridiculously obvious that this whole scenario was scripted as Ellis made bucket after bucket.

Great shot defense by me, doesn't matter, Ellis scores. Hack him to death on the way to the net, doesn't matter he makes it and one. So freaking ridiculous.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 12-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #1010
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

My 7'2 center in Next Gen can't rebound.. as I posted.. but in the 360 version I was a 20 pt 15 board center.. starting to wonder if they made the hands attribute matter in rebounding when it didn't before.. seems like my guy alligator armed everything against Cleveland just now giving Varejao a bunch of offensive boards even when I thought I had him boxed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
My 7' center averaged between 5 and 6 rebounds in 28 minutes of play before all of my MyGM and MyCareer saves became corrupted and unplayable.

The movement was very sluggish for him. There was almost always a significant delay (1 to 2 seconds) between button press and reacting on the ball. I regularly got outrebounded by point guards and shooting guards.

The rebounding has been broken for a couple of years now.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #1011
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys, I need some help picking a position and style as I can never stick with the one I start with. I'm between these:

Scoring SG (6'4", O.J. Mayo-esque) - This is my usual position, kind of want to ditch it though.

Scoring SF (6'8", Jabari Parker-like) - Wouldn't mind giving this a whirl.

All-Around or Athletic PG (Short, but athletic like Bledsoe) - Don't usually try point guards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #1012
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I don't usually call a "foul," but what just happened to me made me want to throw the controller through my television set.

I just played the game where you meet with Ellis before a game in which you bet that you will score more points than him. The loser has to post all over social media that the other player is the best scorer in the league. Well...

First of all, my player is a 92 overall. All of his offensive stats are maxed out as well as most of his defensive stats (I bought VC on PSN). Over the past 10 games I'd say it is safe to say that I'm averaging (off the bench) about 30 points per game. I'm EASILY hitting 45% of my shots and its not uncommon for me to be around 60-65%.

Well, needless to say I could not BUY A SHOT in this game. AT ALL. It was so ridiculously obvious that this whole scenario was scripted as Ellis made bucket after bucket.

Great shot defense by me, doesn't matter, Ellis scores. Hack him to death on the way to the net, doesn't matter he makes it and one. So freaking ridiculous.
Well I'm not sure what happened with your game, but I've played Ellis 3 different times. First 2 I had to try to outscore him and the last I had to tally more assists. I beat him all 3 times. And my guy is an 89 now
Old 12-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #1013
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrode
Hey guys, I need some help picking a position and style as I can never stick with the one I start with. I'm between these:

Scoring SG (6'4", O.J. Mayo-esque) - This is my usual position, kind of want to ditch it though.

Scoring SF (6'8", Jabari Parker-like) - Wouldn't mind giving this a whirl.

All-Around or Athletic PG (Short, but athletic like Bledsoe) - Don't usually try point guards.
Try point guard.
Mostly different because you can call plays and control the game
LA DODGERS
Old 12-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #1014
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

lol was about 30 games into my 1st season. Drafted at PG for the Jazz... ended up asking for a trade and selected my potential teams.

Got traded to the Miami Heat (they weren't on my radar AT ALL except for the time you get to talk to LeBron in the tunnel after the game). I didn't pick them or even see them as an interested team. Should be fun but I was really hoping for the Rockets! They have too many PGs though for me I guess

It was pretty cool though... LeBron welcomed me to the team in a cut scene. Actually get to hear his voice instead of just subtitles

Last edited by andyacecandy; 12-07-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #1015
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy
lol was about 30 games into my 1st season. Drafted at PG for the Jazz... ended up asking for a trade and selected my potential teams.

Got traded to the Miami Heat (they weren't on my radar AT ALL except for the time you get to talk to LeBron in the tunnel after the game). I didn't pick them or even see them as an interested team. Should be fun but I was really hoping for the Rockets! They have too many PGs though for me I guess
Should be smooth sailing for you until the off season for what I been hearing lebron and wade leave most of the time. You can go ahead and get the championship now and be apart of the rebuilding process next year.
LA DODGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 03:28 AM   #1016
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

I just had an anomaly in my Next Gen game.. for the first time in at least 3+ 2k games, a JUMP BALL was called.. haven't had a tie-up in forever..

Still can't get any rebounds.. 7'1 (thought I made 7'2 but oh well) center averages 1.6 boards in 15-20 minutes of playing time. It seems like EVERY time I get a successful box-out now.. the shot is swished.. used to get a rebound on some missed free throws but whichever side I'm lined up on the ball goes opposite.. haven't rebounded a missed free throw YET.. the few rebounds I've gotten are USUALLY offensive ones off a teammate getting a shot blocked!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »