Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #1089
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
Lol. Just got hurt in a game against the Nuggets. I told the trainer it hurt pretty bad and he said it was a grade 2 ankle sprain IIRC and that I would be out at least 3-4 weeks.

The game then jumped to a cut scene where my coach is telling me that I need to earn my playing time back before starting again. Fine, I thought, seems reasonable coming of an injury. I then realize that I've only sat 8 days and am now starting and playing 48 minutes against the Timberwolves in a 6 point loss where it seemed like everytime we got close, they hit another dagger.

Was a little frustrating of a game but it was my best professional game for my player. 30 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds. Kind of spammed at the end of the game for the thirty point triple double. Game was pretty much over but I grabbed a meaningless board and went coast to coast to end the game haha.

played this scripted seen also.going forward ill pretend like i dont have an injury.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #1090
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
Lol. Just got hurt in a game against the Nuggets. I told the trainer it hurt pretty bad and he said it was a grade 2 ankle sprain IIRC and that I would be out at least 3-4 weeks.

The game then jumped to a cut scene where my coach is telling me that I need to earn my playing time back before starting again. Fine, I thought, seems reasonable coming of an injury. I then realize that I've only sat 8 days and am now starting and playing 48 minutes against the Timberwolves in a 6 point loss where it seemed like everytime we got close, they hit another dagger.

Was a little frustrating of a game but it was my best professional game for my player. 30 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds. Kind of spammed at the end of the game for the thirty point triple double. Game was pretty much over but I grabbed a meaningless board and went coast to coast to end the game haha.
This is where mine glitched
I played a 76 point game, was trying for 82 all game to beat Kobe, and after the game i got the same thing, i told the trainer and he said i hade a grade 2 ankle sprain and was out for a month, then i had the GM cutscene too but afte it finished my screen went black and doesnt do anything and now when I load up Mycareer its just a black screen

cant use my 93 OVR guy in the park
Old 12-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #1091
Pro

How come I turn the difficulty up to hall of game/SIM on 6 min quarters and I'm still able to score 40+... Ugh 2k!

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #1092
Rookie

really 2k.

this is the 2nd save file that i've seen Vince Carter go to the suns.

ALSO, WTF! trading a 1st AND Plumlee for collison??? 2k's stupid coach logic had plumlee getting 0 minutes in the rotation and okafur was starting. this **** always annoys me to no end.

i'm a suns fan irl and this makes me cry.

the worst part is that my guy got drafted to the suns (yay!) and i'm a SF that will soon be replacing VC, so that was a really unneeded trade.

Last edited by ryantheplague; 12-08-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #1093
Rookie

Just got hit with the "win the game" dynamic goal and your mentor teammate yells at you like you guys have mentioned

Didnt play the entire 2nd half and was put in the game with 6 secs left down 1

Not scripted my ***
Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #1094
Rookie

also, i've noticed that defensive assignments are at 2k12 levels again :|.

you can be guarding someone and then the computer decides that you're supposed to switch, and even if you don't switch and the new defender isn't close enough, you get tagged with being on the wrong defender. i just had a play happen where it switched me to big babby and i instantly got a 'leave assignment' ding.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #1095
MVP

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm just really messing around with this mode, not going to get into it to much with all the glitches...will wait till after the patch (if I keep the game that long)

I have tried 3 different careers and each time i've been drafted by Utah, only once were they even a team that was interested in me. Im an athletic SG but is it only certain teams that will draft you?

Also hate that my rival always goes right before me, I understand that they threw that it's the body of work that gets you drafted and not just the rookie game but if thats the case and this is a competition I need my own body of work to make use of.

If I can't have it before the rookie game than all that should matter is the rookie game if this is a little competition with my "rival"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #1096
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard378
Is there any way to save the same myCareer but on a different slot? I don't want to lose my 93 SG OVR, with 2 mvps, 2 rings...
if you want to start a new mycareer, on the main menu screen at the "mycareer" selection

Hit triangle on ps4 or y on xbox1

this will enable you to choose a new slot to start a new mycareer

you get up to 5 saves between my career and mygm

This way you don't lose particular ones

I have a mygm where I got the wizards to win the championship w John Wall winning the league mvp

and I have 3 mycareers going right now...

one with the pelicans
one with the 76ers (this is the guy I use for my trips to the park)
and I had one with the bucks but will restart as on the default roster they have too many pgs (position I play) and the coach won't play john henson who is a rebounding machine.

Last edited by oouie433; 12-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »