Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #1137
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

The Bucks took my PG 15th pick.... Still going to try and play the PG for a bit and see if he improves at all as I get a few games into it.. otherwise I"ll go back to my 7'1 Center and try and figure out why they don't let big guy 'My Careers' rebound in Next Gen
Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #1138
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

i cant wait for the 2k roster update to start up another center switch off and on with my PG
Old 12-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #1139
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Went back to my Center for a couple games after 2K server dumped me out of a 'Park' game with my PG.. got 6 boards.. and a number of other rebound chances went THROUGH his hands and hit him in the head. Definitely obvious they've deliberately made missed free throws go to the OPPOSITE of my big man for Next Gen so I can't get those 3 or 4 extra rebounds I would get in all of the previous versions of the game.

With the center's career I tried to play last night and was dumped by the server in that a couple times, at least it saved my spot.. but it doesn't even give a pop-up anymore it just puts you back to the main menu after showing 'saving...' if it even does that every time. Really hope they upgrade the server to handle the traffic coming with Christmas season or we won't even be able to play the park pickup games
Old 12-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #1140
Banned

OVR: 1

So does anybody here know if the kobe 9 shoes will be in the game this year since I know they do the update with the shoes in 2k13 does anybody know if they will do it in 2k14 next gen?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #1141
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anybody else have a problem with teams picking up fake undrafted free agents that are 80 overall and above?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #1142
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0

the blatant cheating in this game makes me not want to play anymore. I had a dynamic goal of beating the kings by double digits while scoring 25 to prove that I can lead the team. shouldn't be too hard, right?

I ended up restarting the game about 4 times because of the completely obvious CPU cheating. every game was exactly the same, they would shoot a ton of 3's (way more than I've seen any team take so far) and walk/stumble/bull rush into the paint for ridiculous foul calls. 25 points is not a problem at all, it's probably harder to not score that much. but every game I would get a lead and watch the CPU come back on predetermined runs.

I did end up finally completing the challenge, only because I had a stat line of 45 points 15 assists and 9 rebounds. luckily got fouled with 5 seconds left in the game and the FTs put us up by 10. Sacramento went 16-34 on 3's. That is more 3 pointers taken or made by the other team all season by far. I know this because I just went and checked the box score of every game i've played this season and i'm midway through January.

Does 2k think that we are morons? do they think that we won't be able to see the blatant cheating mechanics they put in for added "challenge"? I honestly feel like they are insulting my intelligence. do they really think i'm too stupid to notice?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #1143
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Starting to figure out what they did to big men.. I had a guy boxed out for a defensive board.. didn't get a successful boxout ..hit y for the rebound..and my guy RAN FORWARD 2 steps and gave up an offensive board and put back.. .. it's happening on 2/3's of shots taken against my center's 76ers team and nearly all shots my own team takes.. it's like they WANT us to make little guys instead they made it so impossible to become a good rebounder with a center now. Houston's Greg Smith (61 overall), a guy who barely averages 6 total boards per game in his career, has 8 offensive boards already against me... and 9 defensive for 17 total with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Another problem I'm just now noticing.. last 2 games I've started out COLD as a shooter BEFORE the game starts even so there's no way in hell to make any shots when I come off the bench. The only thing my Center does well is block a couple shots per game.. and even THOSE are now offensive rebounds for the shooter and a put back layup!

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-09-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #1144
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Starting to figure out what they did to big men.. I had a guy boxed out for a defensive board.. didn't get a successful boxout ..hit y for the rebound..and my guy RAN FORWARD 2 steps and gave up an offensive board and put back.. .. it's happening on 2/3's of shots taken against my center's 76ers team and nearly all shots my own team takes.. it's like they WANT us to make little guys instead they made it so impossible to become a good rebounder with a center now. Houston's Greg Smith (61 overall), a guy who barely averages 6 total boards per game in his career, has 8 offensive boards already against me... and 9 defensive for 17 total with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Another problem I'm just now noticing.. last 2 games I've started out COLD as a shooter BEFORE the game starts even so there's no way in hell to make any shots when I come off the bench. The only thing my Center does well is block a couple shots per game.. and even THOSE are now offensive rebounds for the shooter and a put back layup!
I can easily get 10 rebounds a game did you make a 7 footer? they're sluggish slow in this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »