Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #1145
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Whoever enjoys PG more power to you i wasted 10 bucks on it and deleted it.

You call plays your teammates don't finish it or when they do they just stand there and don't shoot and they're freaking open like HELLO what are you doing....seriously

They can't set a pick at all i call for one he comes to me half way and runs away to the basket and then the clock just went down and its a wasted possession

When the ball is getting in bounded you as the point guard should be getting it right? well your big's come over and they get it instead in a critical situation of the game and you're calling for it then your entire grade goes down due to excessive pass calling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #1146
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
I can easily get 10 rebounds a game did you make a 7 footer? they're sluggish slow in this game
Yep a 7'1 center, I've never had a problem rebounding with a big man until 'Next Gen' came out NOW he can't even make a free throw.. was shooting 70% from the field and hitting about 60% free throws coming in but the game is in 'screw you' mode missing every single one and being fouled on every shot attempt I take to make sure I get a bad scenario after the game. No way I miss 6 straight free throws that say slightly early B- when I normally make those ones.

Halftime between Atlanta and my 76ers team.. score is 34-27.. that's one quarter score in a game in most cases.. I get a 'we can win this game if you step up and make some big plays' message when I go in with 5 minutes left in the third.. 3 possessions and I haven't seen the ball on the block yet..

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 12-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #1147
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Yep a 7'1 center, I've never had a problem rebounding with a big man until 'Next Gen' came out NOW he can't even make a free throw.. was shooting 70% from the field and hitting about 60% free throws coming in but the game is in 'screw you' mode missing every single one and being fouled on every shot attempt I take to make sure I get a bad scenario after the game. No way I miss 6 straight free throws that say slightly early B- when I normally make those ones.

Halftime between Atlanta and my 76ers team.. score is 34-27.. that's one quarter score in a game in most cases.. I get a 'we can win this game if you step up and make some big plays' message when I go in with 5 minutes left in the third.. 3 possessions and I haven't seen the ball on the block yet..
What kind of center did you make?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #1148
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
What kind of center did you make?

I think I made him Athletic.. but I'll have to look in the save file's screen.. only place I know to find that info in the new game

Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #1149
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

So it turns out missing the free throws is their way of making me mad sitting in practice gym and I'm supposed to make 50 in a row?? umm yeah.. right

Old 12-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #1150
Rookie

OVR: 0

Rolled yet another SF today and blew up the showcase. I had 35pts at 72% shooting, 6 assists, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks (both on Ellis), 2 steals and a turnover. Ellis actually had a decent stat line for once with some 20 odd points and a bunch of assists, but I got picked before him! I've figured it has something to do with the dynamic goals, how if you complete all of them you'll get picked before him, but I failed two of them (shutting Ellis down and going on a 6-0 run). Went 5th to the Suns and Ellis is in NOLA.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #1151
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Rolled yet another SF today and blew up the showcase. I had 35pts at 72% shooting, 6 assists, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks (both on Ellis), 2 steals and a turnover. Ellis actually had a decent stat line for once with some 20 odd points and a bunch of assists, but I got picked before him! I've figured it has something to do with the dynamic goals, how if you complete all of them you'll get picked before him, but I failed two of them (shutting Ellis down and going on a 6-0 run). Went 5th to the Suns and Ellis is in NOLA.

I'm not sure but i made an all around sf yesterday and just after halftime i intentionally fouled out (hoping to get picked 16th or 20th)

I did play well the first half , had a B and 19/5/3 or something. I intentionally answered negative on the personality test (said i wanted to make a lot of money lol) and to my surprise i get drafted before ellis on 5th place to the Suns. Bobcats interviewed me too but i blew them off.

Now i got 2 questions really

1) How does shot tendencies work? After the first season when i sim to key game will my guy be able to put up 27 on avg like Lebron/Durant ?

2) Can i buy an on ball defense upgrade with my sig shoes ? Because now i can't be a lockdown defender with 85 on ball D stat cap.

Still in doubt wether i should make an scoring SF or SG instead so that shooting tendencies when i sim are better ? Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #1152
Pro

OVR: 0

Finally!! 68 games in and I finally get picked up by Nike. Anyone know how long before I get that lebron 11 code? Lol

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »